• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nissan ad features Brie Larson, gets tons of dislikes

Barnabot

can I say here how awesome dr squatch ads are?

they are awesome in a nonsensical way. i wish brie larson could do ads like doctor squatch.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Nice "no u" effort.
There is plenty of deliberate choices that I can point out in this add that didn't need to go the way they did. They wouldn't have compromised the message at all.

But the very fact they played to these tropes that the "nothing to see here" brigade have marched in to perform their merry dance to is, ironically the very evidence of what some are so invested in denying.

The very fact this charade is so frequently played out, often within days of the last example is a telling lesson in why denial isn't a winning strategy.

If petty denial and thinly disguised "no u" responses are the depth of your argument then you're not really helping yourself. Or anyone.
The ad is literally just a woman getting turned down for a promotion by her male boss, being shown the 'uncompromising' Nissan and then getting out with an 'Im not gonna compromise' attitude.
If Brie Larson wasn't driving I doubt anyone would give a shit, it's as innoffensive as ads get. If this is feminist propaganda then God knows what we would label most other car commercials as.
It's a car commercial with a mild female empowerment spin. There is no denigration or belittling of men or masculinity, no excessive women are so amazingly awesome - just the same 'car has this quality and will magically give you transfer this quality to you' spiel we always see.

What’s your point then

That the flipside of the responses mentioned in what I quoted are just as cringe inducing. That the majority of the thread inspires an aura of cringe. That there is this ridiculous hatred for Brie Larson that inspires incel level commentary about her. That it appears whenever a thread on "sjw" or "women" or similar occurs there is division akin to the current political climate in america and it ends up being a whirlwind of cringe. Just a cornucopia of cringe.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Then women shouldn't complain about my car ad.

A women is shown telling a man "not tonight I have a heache". Then Captain America shows up in a Kia. Takes the guy all around showing him how great the car is , no compromises BRAH.

Gets out of the car with his cock out and ready as he approaches the girl, and this time he won't take "I have a headache" as an answer.

FADE TO BLACK.

brap

Banned
Then women shouldn't complain about my car ad.

A women is shown telling a man "not tonight I have a heache". Then Captain America shows up in a Kia. Takes the guy all around showing him how great the car is , no compromises BRAH.

Gets out of the car with his cock out and ready as he approaches the girl, and this time he won't take "I have a headache" as an answer.

FADE TO BLACK.
CAP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
source.gif

sol_bad

Brie is that you?

Call me crazy but I would have pegged you more of a ree user than a GAF user 🤣

Nah, they are too cray cray mental over there.
I'm just surprised at the amount of strong white men on this forum that feel so threatened.

Papa

Banned
That the flipside of the responses mentioned in what I quoted are just as cringe inducing. That the majority of the thread inspires an aura of cringe. That there is this ridiculous hatred for Brie Larson that inspires incel level commentary about her. That it appears whenever a thread on "sjw" or "women" or similar occurs there is division akin to the current political climate in america and it ends up being a whirlwind of cringe. Just a cornucopia of cringe.

So what you’re saying is... both sides

images

Papa

Banned
The ad is literally just a woman getting turned down for a promotion by her male boss, being shown the 'uncompromising' Nissan and then getting out with an 'Im not gonna compromise' attitude.
If Brie Larson wasn't driving I doubt anyone would give a shit, it's as innoffensive as ads get. If this is feminist propaganda then God knows what we would label most other car commercials as.
It's a car commercial with a mild female empowerment spin. There is no denigration or belittling of men or masculinity, no excessive women are so amazingly awesome - just the same 'car has this quality and will magically give you transfer this quality to you' spiel we always see.

Eh, it’s still pandering to the woe is women cultural cancer. I don’t really give a fuck about this one but the high horsing NOTHING TO SEE HERE brigade are hilarious as usual.

MetalAlien

Banned
Because they've been conditioned to by echo chambers and contrarian attitudes.
You can't even have a harmless like this without someone making it out to be "a direct attack on western values," or something.

Giving a woman a pep talk and encouraging her to be more assertive about her career is "feminist propaganda."
Like, what? That's brushing right up against some real shady company. Rubbing elbows with shit like "My wife watched that commercial, and now she's got ideas..."

What was this commercial supposed to be, in your eyes?
A woman sitting in the corner holding up a picture of a Nissan and meekly stating: "I would like to drive a car if it doesn't displease you, master?"
4w6uaLN.gif

chitzy

Banned
At this point it's just corporations exploiting delusional women who buy into this shtick to make a quick buck. That's right Katie, the reason you haven't been promoted is because you don't have a Nissan Sentra and has nothing to do with you spending most of the work day on Instagram.

Last edited:

HeadsUp7Up

Most of the time I can sense sarcasm but I think some of y’all are actually serious in here. Don’t y’all get tired of always being mad and hating shit? It’s turning into a vicious cycle of everyone overreacting to the most mundane shit. It’s an ad for a car marketed towards women. I’m just as tired of SJW’s as everyone else but doing the same stuff they do is equally annoying.

*steps off soap box*

brap

Banned
Most of the time I can sense sarcasm but I think some of y’all are actually serious in here. Don’t y’all get tired of always being mad and hating shit? It’s turning into a vicious cycle of everyone overreacting to the most mundane shit. It’s an ad for a car marketed towards women. I’m just as tired of SJW’s as everyone else but doing the same stuff they do is equally annoying.

*steps off soap box*
*steps on soap box*
It's retarded. Breeeeeeeeeeee Larson is the most unlikable human being in hollywood. The end.
You guys always have to act like everybody in here is turning red with smoke coming out of their ears. It's a dumb commercial. People said it was dumb. Fin.

lock2k

Banned

*steps off soap box*
Are you from the South?

Ten_Fold

Damn them dislikes Lol, anyways real question what state does most of these hipster feminists people are at? I dont know who would approve this.

Eh, it’s still pandering to the woe is women cultural cancer. I don’t really give a fuck about this one but the high horsing NOTHING TO SEE HERE brigade are hilarious as usual.

PANDERING AHHHH HOLY SHIT AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Fuck the feminists! And wamenz! And Brie. And SJWs. And nothing to see here!

Last edited:
mU6Jlx4.jpg

Please melt faster so you no longer exist

Oh it's the classic "you're not generically hating on women like me, you must not be getting laid, even though my ass hasn't fucked in years because I'm too much of a women hating incel to bother with that shit".

SoulUnison

Banned
Almost by definition, particularly when prominently featured in a car commercial which has very little to do with women's workplace situations.

Then aren't you just straight-up saying that you don't like women having careers or standing up for themselves?

Like, your apparent position is just semantically removed from "Women should know their place."

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Oh it's the classic "you're not generically hating on women like me, you must not be getting laid, even though my ass hasn't fucked in years because I'm too much of a women hating incel to bother with that shit".
Seems like projection from our resident male feminist doormat. I'm sure you calling woman beautiful queens gets you drowning in pussy.
I will now slit my wrists for hating on an ugly untalened unlikable woman with a big forehead on the internet.

Seems like projection from our resident male feminist doormat. I'm sure you calling woman beautiful queens gets you drowning in pussy.
I will now slit my wrists for hating on an ugly untalened unlikable woman with a big forehead on the internet.

Lol you're such an incel I love it.

kanye-west-lil-pump.jpg

Nothing tickles my fancy more than people getting triggered by this stuff. It's the fastest way to not look like a normal well functioning person other than being one of these people but with less balls, the lines are so blurry.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Lol you're such an incel I love it.

kanye-west-lil-pump.jpg

Nothing tickles my fancy more than people getting triggered by this stuff. It's the fastest way to not look like a normal well functioning person other than being one of these people but with less balls, the lines are so blurry.

maxresdefault.jpg
nice like 5 year old memes dude lmao. and still projecting like an estrogen fueled simp. how many creampies have you eaten in your life?

SoulUnison

Banned
I have no idea how you got that from what I wrote.

You said that "by definition" anything that "gives women a pep talk" or "encourages them to be assertive in their careers" is "feminist propaganda."

The general response of this thread, you included, seems to be that "feminist propaganda" is just about the worst thing ever (and also that that this specific celebrity is a bad person because of different politics and the way she looks.) Nobody wants it, nobody wants to hear about, you're offended at even the mention of it, etc..

Therefore, encouraging women or allowing them to aspire higher in their careers is undesirable. That seems to be the temperature of the room.

What's the problem?

And then, of course, posts like this which drop the pretense altogether.

Last edited:
Top Bottom