• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nissan ad features Brie Larson, gets tons of dislikes

cryptoadam

Banned
How does one sit in a car when one has no ass?

3d6hpg.jpg

Thats the problem. She got titties but no ass. If she had a nice butt this commercial would make sense. But sorry i cant trust someone with a flat ass like that.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anyone who has been to LA, or went to a college with a theater school, or surfed Tinder in LA or NYC, knows that there are literally thousands of talented would be actresses, most of whom are more beautiful and have a better personality than Brie Larson. i really wonder how she of all people got famous, and why she gets continued to be foisted upon us, although I have ideas.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah, because you're conditioned to see things that way now with those convenient label-lenses you try to see most situations and people through.

You've made it part of your identity not that you have any specific beliefs or values, but just to be in aggressive opposition of a vaguely defined "type" that everyone defines differently, and mostly only exists on the internet. Not everyone is that woman screaming into the sky as the election results come in. (And, honestly, about that. People have loud emotional reactions to inconsequential sporting events and concerts and the like all the time, but that woman gets posted over and over to represent millions and at least why ever she's banshee-crying it's at least over something that could have a significant impact on...everyone.) The moment you think you've got a match you belittle, berate and blow off. You don't consume content on its own merit, but to scan and scrub it for ways to take offense at how intentionally non-offensive things try to be. By being so single-mindedly against a nebulous concept, you've defined yourself by this thing you hate and you need it to keep existing or...what would you be against? What would you do with all that anger with nowhere left to point it? Who would you meme at?

Hell, go back to the thread I was banned in and look at the guy angrily declaring that he knows everything about my stances and who I am and he refuses to acknowledge my voice because apparently the word "unpack" has a very specific, political connotation that I still have no idea about, really. Apparently if you say "Let's analyze that sentence," you're A-OK, but say "Let's unpack that statement" and you're one of them, with absolutely nothing of value to offer - which is super productive for a political discussion forum and amazingly convenient that you can just deem people not worth deigning to for expecting some sort of actual discussion of an issue.

Anyway, I made a bunch of self watering planters out of little plastic ice cream pints, and there's this cool super-absorbent cotton wick rope I'm stringing around in midair with cord snaps and paper clips that'll water things automatically as long as I keep the basin full. I think I might turn one of the spare bedrooms or half the garage into a full on hydroponic farm. I've got Thai basil, Genovese basil, mint, thyme, parsley, bell peppers, 3 varieties of tomatoes, couple types of lettuce, arugula, anise... All growing indoors. I wonder how far I could take making a suburban house, like, self-sufficient... Gardening is fun as fuck and involves a ton of engineering - who knew? Oh shit, I can grow weed! Wait... I can really grow weed. I should probably look into getting a medical card. Tumor suppression is the biggest proven positive of marijuana, and "tumors" is kind of the Word of the Day all day every day until I lose.

Long Story Short - Soul Unison is a triggered SJW and wants everyone to LEAVE BRIE ALOOOOOOOOOONE! D':

Saved everyone the time of reading it.

Grinchy

Banned
Long Story Short - Soul Unison is a triggered SJW and wants everyone to LEAVE BRIE ALOOOOOOOOOONE! D':

Saved everyone the time of reading it.
Thanks. I really did want to know what he was saying, but his two posts were like 1,100 words. I felt like I was grading a high school essay or something.

Some people desperately need to learn the advantages of brevity and self-editing.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, because you're conditioned to see things that way now with those convenient label-lenses you try to see most situations and people through.

You've made it part of your identity not that you have any specific beliefs or values, but just to be in aggressive opposition of a vaguely defined "type" that everyone defines differently, and mostly only exists on the internet. Not everyone is that woman screaming into the sky as the election results come in. (And, honestly, about that. People have loud emotional reactions to inconsequential sporting events and concerts and the like all the time, but that woman gets posted over and over to represent millions and at least why ever she's banshee-crying it's at least over something that could have a significant impact on...everyone.) The moment you think you've got a match you belittle, berate and blow off. You don't consume content on its own merit, but to scan and scrub it for ways to take offense at how intentionally non-offensive things try to be. By being so single-mindedly against a nebulous concept, you've defined yourself by this thing you hate and you need it to keep existing or...what would you be against? What would you do with all that anger with nowhere left to point it? Who would you meme at?

Hell, go back to the thread I was banned in and look at the guy angrily declaring that he knows everything about my stances and who I am and he refuses to acknowledge my voice because apparently the word "unpack" has a very specific, political connotation that I still have no idea about, really. Apparently if you say "Let's analyze that sentence," you're A-OK, but say "Let's unpack that statement" and you're one of them, with absolutely nothing of value to offer - which is super productive for a political discussion forum and amazingly convenient that you can just deem people not worth deigning to for expecting some sort of actual discussion of an issue.

Anyway, I made a bunch of self watering planters out of little plastic ice cream pints, and there's this cool super-absorbent cotton wick rope I'm stringing around in midair with cord snaps and paper clips that'll water things automatically as long as I keep the basin full. I think I might turn one of the spare bedrooms or half the garage into a full on hydroponic farm. I've got Thai basil, Genovese basil, mint, thyme, parsley, bell peppers, 3 varieties of tomatoes, couple types of lettuce, arugula, anise... All growing indoors. I wonder how far I could take making a suburban house, like, self-sufficient... Gardening is fun as fuck and involves a ton of engineering - who knew? Oh shit, I can grow weed! Wait... I can really grow weed. I should probably look into getting a medical card. Tumor suppression is the biggest proven positive of marijuana, and "tumors" is kind of the Word of the Day all day every day until I lose.

09sK5SD.png

SoulUnison

Banned

"Reading is hard so I'll just mock those who enjoy writing."

SoulUnison SoulUnison on a scale of 1 to REEEE how triggered are you right now

Is it just that you're desperate to affect someone somehow and can't figure out how to do it positively so you cling to the idea that people are deeply and persistently wounded by your entry-level needling?
Ironically, you're just sort of presenting evidence for the paradigm conditioning I'm describing. It's like you can't communicate without all these "loaded" terms and preset phrases.

And, geez, wow. This thread has straight-up devolved to posting near-nude pictures of a woman and mocking her body. That's so far removed from any sort of statement on her politics or career, and EvilLore showing up to antagonize but having nothing to say about that sort of thing is just the "chef's kiss" on top of exactly what I'm saying is the weird, aggressive shift in tone around here.

Last edited:

SoulUnison

Banned
Thanks. I really did want to know what he was saying, but his two posts were like 1,100 words. I felt like I was grading a high school essay or something.

Some people desperately need to learn the advantages of brevity and self-editing.

And some people need to realize that sometime there's more to say about something than can be conveyed with a zing-y one-liner or a tangentially-related GIF.
I like that you also sort of admit there that high school level reading is the limit of your patience and ability.

MetalAlien

Banned
And some people need to realize that sometime there's more to say about something than can be conveyed with a zing-y one-liner or a tangentially-related GIF.
I like that you also sort of admit there that high school level reading is the limit of your patience and ability.
I guarantee you we are reading more of what you say than Brie Larson reads of her detractors.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm so confused. Are you saying you have a cancer or something?

Wait, are you that furry guy who froze his hands off?

Not sure yet, really. Neurofibromatosis/Schwannamotosis, a rare, incurable genetic mutation that causes nerves to malfunction and become tumorous anywhere in the body, but generally in the brain and along the spinal cord. However, it might actually be a form of aggressive sarcoma, a group of soft-tissue cancers. My left arm, shoulder and chest are riddled with painful self-destructive nerves/nodules/inflammatory masses that essentially cause me to feel as though I'm having boiling liquid poured over me 24/7, like I'm severely sunburned but from the inside-out. That's along with weakness, constant opportunistic illness and - recently - what seems to be the onset of seizures. It's possible I lose my left arm, which is troubling since - obviously - I sort of enjoy video games, but since it's also heavily located around my lungs and heart I might already be past the point of no return to earn the Bad Ending. This is why you keep multiple savegames, people.

The problem with having something rare and difficult to diagnose is that testing for everything is prohibitively expensive, if not physically impossible due to how much you'd have to carve a person up just to do the biopsies. Then you have doctors who tend tend to want to "wait and see" past the point that anything can be done about it, and since potentially actively dying tends to be sort of an energy-drain, it's pretty easy to want to just give up. Keeping my mind active might be one of the best things I can do for my chances, which makes it morbidly amusing that online, and increasingly-so offline, being seen to actively think and care about things is seen as an annoying pretension, rather than...what you'd hope to be somewhat close to the norm, really. Aggressive apathy is turning into a sort of warped virtue.

I guarantee you we are reading more of what you say than Brie Larson reads of her detractors.

That's not difficult. This is just a single thread on a single website. There's probably thousands of people mocking her every minute of the day, somewhere.
It's physically impossible to keep up with that sort of volume, and what would even be the merit in trying, past a certain point?

There's also a gulf of difference between "reading, processing and self-reflecting" versus "pattern matching to find the easiest angle to mock from."
It's self-limiting. Self-defeating. It preemptively slams shuts so many windows that you might otherwise be able to catch a fresh breeze through.

The World Ends With You.

Last edited:

llien

Seriously, what does her ass have to do with this thread?

Seems pretty inoffensive. We can't go calling other people snowflakes and then getting triggered by something like this.

Also my Nissan sure doesn't compromise when it comes to using a shitton of fuel
Or perhaps we could ask companies to stop pushing BS narrative (un-falsifiable 'outcome gap is caused by sexism') and shitting on men in their commercials?

Kamina

Golden Boy
3/10. If that’s Brie, the only time I thought she looked hot is in that evening dress at some awards ceremony with her tits out. Other than that, she looks bog average.

Still better than a fatty, though :messenger_blowing_kiss:
I am rembering you for my future rating needs

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
She did a nude scene?
Guess it's a lot harder to be soap box sjw when you're struggling to pay the bills.

Not sure yet, really. Neurofibromatosis/Schwannamotosis, a rare, incurable genetic mutation that causes nerves to malfunction and become tumorous anywhere in the body, but generally in the brain and along the spinal cord. However, it might actually be a form of aggressive sarcoma, a group of soft-tissue cancers. My left arm, shoulder and chest are riddled with painful self-destructive nerves/nodules/inflammatory masses that essentially cause me to feel as though I'm having boiling liquid poured over me 24/7, like I'm severely sunburned but from the inside-out. That's along with weakness, constant opportunistic illness and - recently - what seems to be the onset of seizures. It's possible I lose my left arm, which is troubling since - obviously - I sort of enjoy video games, but since it's also heavily located around my lungs and heart I might already be past the point of no return to earn the Bad Ending. This is why you keep multiple savegames, people.

The problem with having something rare and difficult to diagnose is that testing for everything is prohibitively expensive, if not physically impossible due to how much you'd have to carve a person up just to do the biopsies. Then you have doctors who tend tend to want to "wait and see" past the point that anything can be done about it, and since potentially actively dying tends to be sort of an energy-drain, it's pretty easy to want to just give up. Keeping my mind active might be one of the best things I can do for my chances, which makes it morbidly amusing that online, and increasingly-so offline, being seen to actively think and care about things is seen as an annoying pretension, rather than...what you'd hope to be somewhat close to the norm, really. Aggressive apathy is turning into a sort of warped virtue.

That's not difficult. This is just a single thread on a single website. There's probably thousands of people mocking her every minute of the day, somewhere.
It's physically impossible to keep up with that sort of volume, and what would even be the merit in trying, past a certain point?

There's also a gulf of difference between "reading, processing and self-reflecting" versus "pattern matching to find the easiest angle to mock from."
It's self-limiting. Self-defeating. It preemptively slams shuts so many windows that you might otherwise be able to catch a fresh breeze through.

The World Ends With You.

You really like to read yourself, don't you?

Top Bottom