• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No next-gen PES until 2007(i.e. screw you konami)

thorns

Banned
http://www.soccergaming.com/db/news/show.php?NID=752

In a recent interview with David Reeves, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe President, he said that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be made for PS2 too.

Besides from confirming that PES5 will be shipped this September/October, he said that Konami had planned to ship PES6 for PS2, although PS3 will be available at that time.

wow, talk about missing the boat. EA is already having FIFA for xbox 360 this year, and konami is going to wait until 2007?? I guess they don't want to be market leaders in soccer, even though they have a vastly superior game. All they need to do is buy more licenses and release on ALL platforms (including next-gen). Very disappointed..

Sho Nuff

Banned
I told you man, they still have 8 more rehashes on the same engine waiting on the backburner before they're allowed to make a real new title.

harry2020

I swear that I read somewhere else someone from Konami saying that Winning Eleven 9/PES5 will be the last in the series for the PS2...

thorns

Banned
Well the original quote made it sound like it would only be made for PS2. Reading the interview makes it sound better.. PES is one of my favorite games so forgive me:p I really hope we get a x360 version this year(probably not going to happen), and a x360/ps3 version next year (most likely).

moneyken6yv.jpg

ps3banana8uq4bq.gif

Konami knows it makes sense. :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just because a new console comes out doesn't mean you stop releasing for the old one.

Lots of publishers made that mistake coming into this gen, and had a bad transition because of it.

I expect most publishers to still be doing PS2 versions of their games for at least 2006, probably into 2007. Plenty of money still to be made.

And PES6 could still be on PS3 as well as PS2 in 2006. Might not be a 'proper' version, developed ground up for PS3. That will probably have to wait.

Amir0x

Banned
This just in, Microsoft announces the aquisition of a new start-up Japanese developer called "Fast Kick", formed by wayward members of the PES team. Their first game will be a soccer game tentatively titled "World Soccer Platinum Cup 2006".

I kid, I kid...

Solid

Amir0x said:
You can confirm this for a fact? Just so I can get a little happy.
unfourtunately i can't, but if you read the whole interview he's just saying they will release PES6 for ps2 eventhough the PS3 will be out.

"Ray Maguire, who looks after the UK, his number one priority is PS2 this Christmas, and PSP is clearly number two. In the UK there is still 50% of the software to be sold. Konami will come out with PES5 in September or October and they're already developing six for PS2 for next year because they are confident that as the installed base goes up they will make money from it. Not everyone dives in and buys the PS3 because the price is still relatively high. Not everyone has the money to be able to go out and buy it."

this is just like PES1 and PES2, which was relesead for both PSone and PS2. i'm cofident we'll have pes6 for next-gen.

Socreges

Banned
There's really nothing there to say that PES6 won't be on the PS3. It's just been confirmed for PS2.

And old, no? http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=53321

I swear that I read somewhere else someone from Konami saying that Winning Eleven 9/PES5 will be the last in the series for the PS2...
Yeah, I read that. They may have meant that WE9 is the last game developed with the PS2 as priority. I fucking hope so. No excuse to bypass the PS3.

Sho Nuff said:
I told you man, they still have 8 more rehashes on the same engine waiting on the backburner before they're allowed to make a real new title.
You seem lost lately. Nintendo doesn't develop PES. Or are you choked that WE essentially killed Sega's sim? :p

You're a funny guy, though!

I think it would be silly to ignore a PS2 userbase of close to 100M by not supporting it well into 2007 and it won't exclude PS3 owners either because of BC

I'm all for a next gen edition but this is one game where I believe the publisher deserves to milk it for all they've got especially since the more money they make the more resources (e.g. licences) they're going to put into newer versions.

Wow. A franchise won't have a next gen version in year #1! Bastards!!!

EVERY SINGLE FRANCHISE should have a game in year #1!!!

1,000 games for 2006!!

cja

It would hardly be a surprise if the first next-gen WE appeared in 2007. Time it took for the first WE/PES to arrive on platforms after the formats launch:

PS2 -- 12 months
GBA -- 13 months
GC -- 16 months
Xbox -- 35 months
PSP -- ??? >6 months and still no firm details
DS -- ??? >6 months and still no info from Konami

The series is too strategically important to Sony, in both Japan and Europe, for them to allow it on X360 first.

Top Bottom