• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest For The Wicked Showcase live 9AM PDT | 12PM EST | 5PM GMT | 6PM

Debut trailer for this looked stellar and Moon Studios are an A-tier dev, definitely interested for more of this. Just gimme a release date.

Little Mac

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

Bartski

Gold Member
SO GOOD! Easily top of my most anticipated games this year. I'd be in the early access day one but I'm not sure my pc can handle it...

Bartski

Gold Member
proper EAs with roadmaps like this usually sound like 12+ more months of development. Not sure if they pan to release the full campaign or just chunks of it

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I mean, it's cool and all to see this from a different perspective, the world is definitely unique and looks cool, moody and atmospehric, but I can already play a much better and more realistic LOTF in terms of combat and I personaly don't care about buying a house, making it look better, fishing etc. Plus... early access, ugh. We'll see what they'll do with the game in 1.0👈

Last edited:
I think the combat looks amazingly animated and weighted.

My biggest worry is about the gameplay loop I guess. Maybe I am looking at the ARPG genre wrong, but I kind of miss when certain ARPGs out there had traps, secrets, and puzzles to solve. It seems like many of the great ones today just focus solely on good combat, good loot, good skill trees, and then stop there.

Fredrik

I think the combat looks amazingly animated and weighted.
It’s like Elden Ring but the camera is not the enemy. I love it.

My concern is the random loot. Hoping it’s not everything. One of the best things with Elden Ring is that the most awesome loot is known and placed after big bosses and odd dungeons. Makes the game less grindy and you can look at maps and guides.

The art style just clicks with me so well it almost was like a euphoria just watching the video.

I just hope they can do a physical release so I get one for my collections.

Yeah I want it, but I don't play PC and imagine it will be in early access for a while. Just mentally putting it in my 2025 box -- hopefully there will be a Switch 2 version for the full release.

It’s like Elden Ring but the camera is not the enemy. I love it.

My concern is the random loot. Hoping it’s not everything. One of the best things with Elden Ring is that the most awesome loot is known and placed after big bosses and odd dungeons. Makes the game less grindy and you can look at maps and guides.
I agree to a certain point. Randomized loot has sort of become a staple for this genre, but sometimes I feel like the genre itself needs a shakeup. At least Elden Ring also had it's own puzzles, traps, secrets etc. to spice things up, but I'm trying really hard not to compare a game of that scope to a game like this. It's just unfair lol.

One of this biggest shakeups I've been seeing lately with newer ARPGs is the addition of a roll dodge, and wasd controls being the main form of input instead of clicks. It took a while, but I finally think the influence of games like Xmen Legends and Marvel UA finally reached other, newer devs in the genre.

New details from the No Rest for the Wicked showcase:

• World is handcrafted, not procedurally generated.
• Randomized loot.
• WASD / Analog Stick movement, not point and click.
• Day and night cycle.
• Dynamic weather.
• Animation driven combat, inspired by ARPGs, action games, and fighting games.
• Gear has 4 different rarities from highly customizable white items to unique gold items.
• Weapons can drop with a specific rune, which can then be extracted.
• Each weapon type has a different moveset.
• Sacrament is the capital city.
• You can buy houses and properties in Sacrament.
• Collect and harvest resources, which can be used to craft gear or items for your home.
• Regions you've visited before can have drastically different enemies.
• Endgame crucibles will be in the game at launch.
• Combat is similar to Dark Souls. Armor weight affects movement.
• Enemies don't respawn when you die, injured enemies will stay injured after you respawn.
• Coming to Steam Early Access on April 18th (console versions will launch with version 1.0).

GymWolf

I'm not sure how they are gonna move the genre forward when everything their game does is already done by dozens of other games.

The dude that was doing the voice over was talking about basic ass features like they were new to the genre :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Like calm down with the auto-fellatio dude, the ori titles were great but they hardly moved jack shit forward, let alone an entire genre.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Most anticipated game for me.
Hopefully the early acces won't be years. Not touching or watching anything more from this until 1.0

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
New details from the No Rest for the Wicked showcase:

• World is handcrafted, not procedurally generated.
• Randomized loot.
• WASD / Analog Stick movement, not point and click.
• Day and night cycle.
• Dynamic weather.
• Animation driven combat, inspired by ARPGs, action games, and fighting games.
• Gear has 4 different rarities from highly customizable white items to unique gold items.
• Weapons can drop with a specific rune, which can then be extracted.
• Each weapon type has a different moveset.
• Sacrament is the capital city.
• You can buy houses and properties in Sacrament.
• Collect and harvest resources, which can be used to craft gear or items for your home.
• Regions you've visited before can have drastically different enemies.
• Endgame crucibles will be in the game at launch.
• Combat is similar to Dark Souls. Armor weight affects movement.
• Enemies don't respawn when you die, injured enemies will stay injured after you respawn.
• Coming to Steam Early Access on April 18th (console versions will launch with version 1.0).

While the character Asmon was playing looked weird as hell, all of this is what I want.

In.

Top Bottom