• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Xbox fan should be hurt by Xbox expanding to more devices only the trolls & warriors will be hurt

truth411

With Sony and Xbox porting everything to pc, true exclusivity doesn’t exist anymore (except for Nintendo).

I have all consoles, but I use my Xbox the most because I like the controller and interface better. I’m perfectly fine with less exclusivity.
The difference is Sony isn't doing day and date with PC, which devalues the console.
Also Sony is being strategic with PC releases to incite PC players to purchase the sequel on PS5.

Horizon comes to PC if you want Horizon Forbidden west buy PS5

God of war comes to PC, if you want to play Ragnarok buy PS5.

Spiderman comes to PC, want to play Spiderman 2 buy PS5.

I bet Ghost of Tushima comes to PC a year before Ghost 2 comes for PS5.

This is only for Sonys AAA single player games not their future GAAS games.

onQ123

Making all Microsoft games multiplatform makes the Xbox console redundant and guarantees its demise. Then people lose access to their libraries when Microsoft pulls the plug not long after - they've done it before with GFWL on Windows and there's nothing to stop them doing it again. It isn't fair to call people trolls for being concerned about that.

You're creating a situation where it causes all that in your head.

My opinion is that Sony would be doing the same thing if the sales on Xbox wasn't so low .

At some point it's not going to matter where you play the game as long as you own the licence.

My opinion is that Sony would be doing the same thing if the sales on Xbox wasn't so low .

At some point it's not going to matter where you play the game as long as you own the licence.

Why are sales of Xbox so low?

The difference is Sony isn't doing day and date with PC, which devalues the console.
Also Sony is being strategic with PC releases to incite PC players to purchase the sequel on PS5.

That strategy doesn't seem to be working because their PC software sales are pretty abysmal.

JackMcGunns

The problem is xbox hardware turns irrelevant and redundat for the majority of people if xbox sagas are on ps5 - switch.

MS may be planning to bring them to other platforms, but on a timely basis. It would still be beneficial to have an Xbox if for example, Elder Scrolls is exclusive to Xbox for a year. It's basically like that for some big exclusives right now on PC like God of War.

truth411

That strategy doesn't seem to be working because their PC software sales are pretty abysmal.
True, but at the end of the day it's still extra money after they made all they could on console and hopefully some will buy the box. I highly doubt the PC ports cost much.

Elysium44

Banned

People's existing Xbox libraries won't work on a PlayStation in future will they. This thread and its title are stupid. The thread is bait and the only warrior is the OP.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Xbox influencers lied to their fan base and made excuses for Xbox for the past 10. They ignore all the issues with console sales, Game Pass, and software sales.
What did you want them to do, tell the truth? Who would they be influencing then?

It seems like PS games get ported a year or three later (after their exclusivity matters less) while Xbox does day 1 with gamepass. I don’t mind waiting for pc versions, unless there is a game I REALLY want to play. Last PS game like that for me was Uncharted 2. I don’t mind the wait.

I believe that outside of Nintendo, exclusivity will become more rare with only timed exclusivity really mattering and everything going to pc or even multiplatfoem after a year or two. Most of the time, there will be too much money left on the table not to do that, esp as dev costs increase and live service games struggle to maintain player bases. - at least, that’s how I see things in the long term.

Last edited:

Pelta88

From anger to celebrating the preorder numbers is crazy lol

The gaf receipt game right now is crazy...

steve-harvey-im-just-saying.gif

Top Bottom