• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

I haven't bought TEW yet, I don't know what's wrong with me.

Too bad we won't be getting leaks from now on, I want to know how Fantasy Life performed!

Takao

Banned
Will they survive MotorStorm Apocalypse AND Driveclub?
One was a bomba, the second one a bomba + broken.
What's next? The disc broken in two halves, when you open your sealed copy of their next game?

motorstorm rc did pretty well iirc
maybe they get re-positioned to digital games instead of big retail products

thefro

Good for Smash and The Evil Within. Glad NHL is the only sports title not to chart. Unless it normally falls off in it's second month, it seems people caught on quick to the lack of features.

I'm surprised about Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta not charting though.

Not that surprising when the multi-plats are on 5-6 platforms.

The combined platform chart is garbage.

EL CUCO

If NPD was the Top 10 selling games - as in they could list CoD 5 times in the Top 10 instead of just once - Sunset would have ranked #9.

Before people start thinking #9 is some amazing placement, Hyrule Warriors was ranked #11 on the muliplatform list last month and sold around 170k.

It means it was 9 best selling individual game. The top 10 count all 4 platform sales of a game combined

Got it. Thanks! S.O. always came off as kinda niche to me. Not really surprised

Majestad

Banned
DriveClub is an amazing game, I just can't understand people saying its bad because the online is broken.

They have updated the game 5 (6?) times now to improve the situation. Its not like they aren't trying.

A game shouldn't need so many updates; it should be working perfectly from the very beginning.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From Nintendo via GamesBeat:

"Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has sold 1.2M copies in the U.S. and is the 10th Nintendo 3DS game to sell at least 1M units in the U.S. Also, through the first 10 months of 2014, total sales of Wii U hardware and software have increased by 47 percent and 84 percent, respectively, over the same period in 2013."

Smash sold 485,000 in October. Some of that was digital.

Wii U HW should be around 68K then.

Need to look up last month's Smash.
Thanks.

Corto

No. They survived Motorstorm Apocalypse, they will survive this.

Motorstorm Apocalypse woes couldn't be attributed to Evilution though. Drive Club disastrous launch is all their fault. Or Sony's if they cut the resources to such level that harmed the development of the game.

Sean*O

If NPD was the Top 10 selling games - as in they could list CoD 5 times in the Top 10 instead of just once - Sunset would have ranked #9.

Before people start thinking #9 is some amazing placement, Hyrule Warriors was ranked #11 on the muliplatform list last month and sold around 170k.

Does that mean SSB 3DS was actually #1 ?

overcast

Haven't played it, but congrats to TEW. Good to see Mikami get some success.

Poor Alien, Sunset and Bayo 2 though man :[

MotorStorm RC has been developed by 1 guy (j/k).
Not really something to brag about.

If Sony were smart, they would replace Evo Studios with Playground Games.
(if they even need a second racing studio besides Polyphony.)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

The digital discount with PSN+ is an unknown. But I'd bet it's below expectations.

EGM1966

Drive Club a bombed?

If there was any question whether Evolution would survive DC's train wreck of a launch, I think we have our answer.
Can't say from US. Bulk of sales for a game like Droveclub will be Europe and other territories. US sales won't be the decider in performance.

Also given you need Plus for the online (not that's it's working fully mind) and given if you have Plus cheapest option was digital I wouldn't judge to much by retail performance as most sales were likely digital.

It might still have sold badly but I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on data from likely smallest channel for the game (retail) and smaller market for the genre (US).

Also can people please buy Alien Isolation and stop being wimps.

Sony + Grand Theft Auto V will win November.

Nah. November is in the bag for them with the crazy BF deals they are pull out and the price cut.

Really its just a question about how much MS win by. If they only edge out a win after the price slashing and bundles they have been doing its not a good look.

They need to win by a huge margin here. A few 100k.

JNA

Banned
Self-imposed ban thanks to some people being ridiculously critical and invasive.

Between that and no Cream this has been a pretty boring thread. I need something earth-shattering :(

Wait what!? Can you link me to this!? I didn't know Aquamarine got banned. :(

It's not permanent is it? :(

Top Bottom