• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] A Plague Tale: Innocence Now Gen PS5 vs Series X | S vs PC vs PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kretos

Banned
qo.gif

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I’ll support NXGamer’s work but I think, other than explaining why this game is “only” 1440p on PS5/XSX and the unimportance of resolution in the case of XSS vs PS4 Pro, this game presently a fairly uninteresting comparison.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I’ll support NXGamer’s work but I think, other than explaining why this game is “only” 1440p on PS5/XSX and the unimportance of resolution in the case of XSS vs PS4 Pro, this game presently a fairly uninteresting comparison.
Maybe because devs did a good job. my gripe is that "very small team", Asobo is not that small, otherwise they would not be doing Flight Sim.

Tygeezy

The pc version unfortunately doesn't have HDR like the console counterparts. This is a fantastic game though and the only game in forever my wife was actually interested in watching.

Tygeezy

So, Series X is the clear winner, even when including PC. Cool.
It probably depends if you have a rtx 3080 or above and whether or not you care about HDR.

In my case I have a 2070 super like him, I care about HDR, so I played through with series x.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I’m curious if it’s asset streaming issue and direct storage will fix these instances of this in the future?
That's a very good question. And, I wonder how much the effectiveness of directstorage will be tied to hardware. Not all directstorages may be created equal under W11.

It's a weird time.

Kenpachii

Nxgamer strikes again.

Problem one, CPU:

2700 cpu is a huge bottleneck even for a 2070 super, the cpu performs single core wise on the level of a 6700k, that's 6 yaer old single core performance 1/2 years released after PS4.. Its a shit CPU for modern gaming and completely outdated towards even the ryzens that are used in those consoles. The CPU even at its release was only good for rendering and that's what it was used for. The 2600 was a nice budget cpu for people that wanted something for cheap but didn't come close to even intel cpu's that are now considered severely outdated.

He keeps however using every single time that shitty CPU that also camps with microstutter as it was really just a cpu designed for rendering tasks. the same as the original 16 core amd cpu was never ment to use for gaming and absolutely sucks at it. ( forgot its name )

What he needs to do is drop his idiotic crusade with his 2700 cpu and start to up his effort and get a modern cpu even a 3600 is leagues ahead if he wants to do some console comparisons.

For people that don't understand CPU tech, he's basically using a 900 gtx video card to bench it towards next generation consoles at the same settings. its laughable.

It makes all his comparisons a utter joke specially when u combine it with a modern GPU such as a 2070 super which results in shit like this in a game that isn't even that cpu demanding.

9CajUrn.jpg

Then the next part.

A 2070 super aka 1080ti was never ment to be a 1440p ultra settings GPU. Sure it can do 1440p but at reduced settings and that has always been the case. Even a old game from 4 years ago ac origin can't even run at 1440p stable 60 fps at high settings. It simple doesn't have high enough performance for it. The only way it can manage is with DLSS and this title doesn't seem to have it which makes 1440p 60fps and ultra settings just idiotic as the card simple doesn't have the performance for it.

I know a lot of people even those clowns at hardware unboxing, don't consider 1080p relevant anymore. but the reality is 1440p and ultra settings = top end gpu's. 1080p is very very much PC resolution people sit at.

There is a reason why no bencher in the universe sits with a 2000 series amd cpu in there setup mate, and its time for you to move on from your 2000 ryzen fetish in the year 2021 where u compare against consoles that use far better ryzen chips.

I have no clue what prevents u from doinjg so, its almost like u just don't want to do it. I am sure IGN can find u a new ryzen chip for test purposes. At this point its just you holding your video's back.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Nxgamer strikes again.

Problem one, CPU:

2700 cpu is a huge bottleneck even for a 2070 super, the cpu performs single core wise on the level of a 6700k, that's 6 yaer old single core performance 1/2 years released after PS4.. Its a shit CPU for modern gaming and completely outdated towards even the ryzens that are used in those consoles. The CPU even at its release was only good for rendering and that's what it was used for. The 2600 was a nice budget cpu for people that wanted something for cheap but didn't come close to even intel cpu's that are now considered severely outdated.

He keeps however using every single time that shitty CPU that also camps with microstutter as it was really just a cpu designed for rendering tasks. the same as the original 16 core amd cpu was never ment to use for gaming and absolutely sucks at it. ( forgot its name )

What he needs to do is drop his idiotic crusade with his 2700 cpu and start to up his effort and get a modern cpu even a 3600 is leagues ahead if he wants to do some console comparisons.

For people that don't understand CPU tech, he's basically using a 900 gtx video card to bench it towards next generation consoles at the same settings. its laughable.

It makes all his comparisons a utter joke specially when u combine it with a modern GPU such as a 2070 super which results in shit like this in a game that isn't even that cpu demanding.

9CajUrn.jpg

Then the next part.

A 2070 super aka 1080ti was never ment to be a 1440p ultra settings GPU. Sure it can do 1440p but at reduced settings and that has always been the case. Even a old game from 4 years ago ac origin can't even run at 1440p stable 60 fps at high settings. It simple doesn't have high enough performance for it. The only way it can manage is with DLSS and this title doesn't seem to have it which makes 1440p 60fps and ultra settings just idiotic as the card simple doesn't have the performance for it.

I know a lot of people even those clowns at hardware unboxing, don't consider 1080p relevant anymore. but the reality is 1440p and ultra settings = top end gpu's. 1080p is very very much PC resolution people sit at.

There is a reason why no bencher in the universe sits with a 2000 series amd cpu in there setup mate, and its time for you to move on from your 2000 ryzen fetish in the year 2021 where u compare against consoles that use far better ryzen chips.

I have no clue what prevents u from doinjg so, its almost like u just don't want to do it. I am sure IGN can find u a new ryzen chip for test purposes. At this point its just you holding your video's back.
But during the moments where performance drops, CPU utilisation is very low, doesn't seem like a CPU bottleneck. The game is known to be very light on CPU usage and GPU bound, you can get 60fps with much, much older CPUs. I also don't see where you took offence with the GPU selection as a 2070s (apart from being perfectly fine for 1440p) is in the ballpark of the consoles and of course you would have to compare at the same resolution for it to make sense. No DLSS support is good thing in this case as it would have only diluted the comparison, it wouldn't be apples to apples anymore.

Last edited:
But during the moments where performance drops, CPU utilisation is very low, doesn't seem like a CPU bottleneck. The game is known to be very light on CPU usage and GPU bound, you can get 60fps with much, much older CPUs. I also don't see where you took offence with the GPU selection as a 2070s (apart from being perfectly fine for 1440p) is in the ballpark of the consoles and of course you would have to compare at the same resolution for it to make sense. No DLSS support is good thing in this case as it would have only diluted the comparison, it wouldn't be apples to apples anymore.
Amd 2700 is a CPU probably a bit more powerfull than what's inside those consoles. It can overclock to 4ghz and has 16GB of L3 ram.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Amd 2700 is a CPU probably a bit more powerfull than what's inside those consoles. It can overclock to 4ghz and has 16GB of L3 ram.
:pie_thinking:

Also I still don't think that it's around 2700 and even if it is, the PC have crazy overhead from running whole system, which consoles does not have.

Md Ray

Nxgamer strikes again.

Problem one, CPU:

9CajUrn.jpg

Then the next part.

You could even criticize and present your arguments respectfully without hurling insults, y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom