• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Brinbe

Seriously can't wait till the GOP House votes against Impeachment (despite public opinion in favor+clear evidence of wrong-doing) and still manages to win/retain way too many seats in the midterms. It's gonna happen.

What?

"Questions from the American people" means pre-vetted Trumpers skyping in to ask why we're still putting up with millions of fake voters out there and how to disassemble the deep state and ranting about how democrats are actually nazis.

*in a Norm MacDonald voice*
Nah, I like mine better.
*Envisions someone with bottles on their fingers, clanking them together*
"Truuuuuuumppppppyyyyy.... come out and plaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaay!"

mstevens

I mean, you're gonna have to do some camera work. There aren't a lot of 6 8 actors. Plus, if anyone could take down Trump, it's Tom Hanks.

Flo_Evans

This is freaking insane. I can't imagine this upcoming trip being anything more than a farce (if it wasn't already). What foreign leader is going to take Trump halfway seriously?

If I was Trump I would be inventing a really bad illness suddenly and just quit. I doubt his ego could allow that though, I think he still imagines himself winning after all this. And there is undoubtedly more we don't even know yet!

zulux21

Seriously can't wait till the GOP House votes against Impeachment (despite public opinion in favor+clear evidence of wrong-doing) and still manages to win/retain way too many seats in the midterms. It's gonna happen.

not really sure how they will vote against impeachment when as far as I know it can't even start unless the GOP puts it in motion o_O;

Tcab96

I can't help but feel like tonight is historic. James Comey will be a very important person good or bad when it comes to this entire thing.

It's beyond words the events of this week.

Is it? How big is tonight really?

I feel like we've been through so many damn scandals that should've nailed Trump but haven't that I can't tell anymore what'll actually be the line that's finally crossed that there's no coming back from.

Dear Sean Spicer, does it make you feel bad Melissa McCarthy's caricature is still a better press secretary?
Dear Sean Spicer, can you provide the tapes that refute Comey's memo?

If anything it will be filled with pre-screened and pre approved "questions" like, "Now that the country is on the right track and great again, is there any way that the President may be doing too good of a job and making it hard for his successors to follow in any meaningful way?"

Iolo

If anything it will be filled with pre-screened and pre approved "questions" like, "Now that the country is on the right track and great again, is there any way that the President may be doing too good of a job and making it hard for his predecessors to follow in any meaningful way?"

The one thing I don't like about the Trump presidency is that it's almost too good.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I don't see it, Republicans are going to get fucked over by gerrymandering.
It's kinda poetic in a way.

jiiikoo

Banned
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...tion_of_justice_accusations_to_fundraise.html

How did the Team Trump respond? They denied the story (obviously) and then less than an hour after the Times story that all but accused the president of obstructing justice, laying the most significant groundwork to date for impeachment, Team Trump used the accusations impugning president's ethical core to, you guessed it, raise money.

AND THIS:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/15/donald-trump-fake-news-238379

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus issued a stern warning at a recent senior staff meeting: Quit trying to secretly slip stuff to President Donald Trump.

Just days earlier, K.T. McFarland, the deputy national security adviser, had given Trump a printout of two Time magazine covers. One, supposedly from the 1970s, warned of a coming ice age; the other, from 2008, about surviving global warming, according to four White House officials familiar with the matter.

Trump quickly got lathered up about the media's hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an internet hoax that's circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.

GCX

bUxgeDd.png

I can't believe this isn't a joke.

Brinbe

not really sure how they will vote against impeachment when as far as I know it can't even start unless the GOP puts it in motion o_O;

You know what I fucking mean, Jesus Christ.
I don't see it, Republicans are going to get fucked over by gerrymandering.
It's kinda poetic in a way.

I''m happy to be wrong, but have maps been redrawn that significantly? Regardless, I don't have much faith in the American electorate at the moment.

Davide

Just days earlier, K.T. McFarland, the deputy national security adviser, had given Trump a printout of two Time magazine covers. One, supposedly from the 1970s, warned of a coming ice age; the other, from 2008, about surviving global warming, according to four White House officials familiar with the matter.

Trump quickly got lathered up about the media's hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an internet hoax that's circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.
Oh my God

This was a thing for conservatives on Facebook

well, at least he's not a fucking beta cuck.

lol but seriously, do i have to wake up to a 50+ page Trump thread every damn morning? i don't have time to read 5% of this shit at work! :(

Tagg9

Trump quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake, part of an internet hoax that’s circulated for years. Staff chased down the truth and intervened before Trump tweeted or talked publicly about it.

This is amazing. I wonder if any of his staff are purposefully trying to fuck with him or if they are just as batshit crazy as he is.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
NBC said Comey wants to do a public hearing. That's why he didn't want to do the one the senate asked him to. He wants to be public. Amazing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Time for President Pence and Vice President Ryan.

Ryan doesn't get to go to the White House unless both Trump and Pence are removed. The new president gets to choose their new VP, and it doesn't have to be someone in the succession order.

Jisgsaw

well, at least he's not a fucking beta cuck.

lol but seriously, do i have to wake up to a 50+ page Trump thread every damn morning? i don't have time to read 5% of this shit at work! :(

Same here lol.

Seriously, how is this guy not impeached yet?
And I hope to God his successor (impeachment or not) will not pardon him.

I don't know if this is a better or worse nightmare.

Depending on what the fallout is from this, who Trump is and isn't willing to throw under the bus in an attempt to take heat off himself, I doubt Pence, Ryan or god-willing both might not come out of this unscathed and at the very least will inherit a severely fractured GOP.

If Trump gets thrown out of office, Pence will follow. He's way too tied up in this shit to escape. If by some small miracle he doesn't get impeached, he'll be the lamest duck in history.

Ryan? He's just plain pathetic.

sangreal

K.T Mcfarland is a moron.

Meanwhile...

Trump has struggled to connect with McMaster, and he misses his conversations with Flynn, according to a senior administration official. His affection for Flynn has been passed on to former deputy national security adviser K.T. McFarland, who he offered any role within the administration when McMaster fought to push her out of the role as deputy, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/donald-trump-flynn-comey-238480

Top Bottom