• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck man. Generated approximately 300 points of XP with my game prep since I couldnt do a drill for LBs. This shit is fucking miserable.

Sokantish

What's that?

Well, we made the league and then they fixed XP after but of course it only affects leagues made AFTER the change so we're still on the broken system. I actually don't know if they fixed it or not, but they said they did. Why wouldn't I trust EA?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
you're on #teamrestart?

It's just dumb we even have to consider it. I have 3 starters from the season 1 draft and they barely progressed. My FS had 5 ints on the year and like 100 tackles, a ridiculous year for a rookie safety, but he didn't gain much at all. My two interior OL helped me to over 2k yards on the ground and 20+ TDs, still no major XP gain.

Whatever, they are good where it counts I guess. :(

Colasante

Well, we made the league and then they fixed XP after but of course it only affects leagues made AFTER the change so we're still on the broken system. I actually don't know if they fixed it or not, but they said they did. Why wouldn't I trust EA?

Oh, I didn't realize people actually wanted to restart. I'd be fine with that! Gimme back my Brady.

Tsizzle, we can play tomorrow, or something. Im really not worried about us being able to get it in, but it won't be tonight.

WTF. Drizz, we play again next week after my bye. That's some jank ass scheduling.
Oh I know. First thing Jarvis did when he got in the locker room was draw big red circle around that game on the calendar.

Birdman02

Man, far and away the worst game with Brees. He must have given her the old steroid jerk before the game because he airmailed 3 wide open touchdowns. :(

GG birdman

On the plus side my defense was way, way better. Wish I could get some of those no look through the back interceptions though.
GG man. To be fair, those last 2 picks were user controlled the whole way. Brees did miss some wide open receivers though, so I definitely consider myself lucky to escape with a win.

My oline continues to be terrible at run blocking. People don't have to respect my run game because my line just lets people through. unfortunately it's hard to get good oline since they almost never hit FA.

eznark

Banned
GG man. To be fair, those last 2 picks were user controlled the whole way. Brees did miss some wide open receivers though, so I definitely consider myself lucky to escape with a win.

My oline continues to be terrible at run blocking. People don't have to respect my run game because my line just lets people through. unfortunately it's hard to get good oline since they almost never hit FA.

Yeah, and both of them I threw because you were controlling the defender, lol. The pick 6 was legit, I just underestimated his speed. The one to end the game though, that ball warped through him. Especially annoying since my safety dropped that ball that was tipped right to him!

DJ Bowser

Holy shit. Good game Sully. I beat Nightz due to a bad CPU decision and I thought karma was striking back with that incompletion that was called a fumble. Jesus.

You're good at user D and hitting the flats so often forced me into constant coverage there. Glad I got my games with you out of the way already before you get even better.

Also RIP Christine Micheal's collarbone :'(

I can't believe I just lost that game. I Feel like madden fucked me at the end wide open gap and my guy just runs to a standstill on his own lineman.

I'm also pissed my DBs let your WR and TE pull off about 6 one handed spec catches, but I do an X possession catch wide open near the goaline and he gets hit and drops it, on two crucial plays. ugh

How much and in what ways did they change the XP?

Right now with Super Star Development if you Gold medal 4 drills with one player they earn about 350 x 4 or 1400 XP, which would be approximately 23,800 XP for a season.

A player with slow development earns about 240 (238 is the lowest I've seen) so 16,320 XP for a full season.

XP Costs start at around 250ish XP to raise an attribute 1 point and rise exponentially to 17,650 (depends upon consistency/development trait).

None of this takes in weekly, season or drive goal XP.

Right now with Super Star Development if you Gold medal 4 drills with one player they earn about 350 x 4 or 1400 XP, which would be approximately 23,800 XP for a season.

A player with slow development earns about 240 (238 is the lowest I've seen) so 16,320 XP for a full season.

XP Costs start at around 250ish XP to raise an attribute 1 point and rise exponentially to 17,650 (depends upon consistency/development trait).

This is good info thank you. Did they change FROM this to something else?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I havent done a single XP drill in madden 16. i should probably look into that.

This is good info thank you. Did they change FROM this to something else?

Those are all numbers or our current franchise. I don't know how progression worked last year. The year before you just got XP based on goals and a random boost/downgrade at the end of the season.

I just made an offline franchise as a test.

They didn't increase the XP for mini games.
They didn't increase the XP for weekly goals (I actually saw less on a few).
They did lower the cost of stat increases (low end was 255 vs 290, high end was like 14k vs 17k).

So I don't really see a significant change just looking through menus, unless the change bizarrely only counts towards new cloud franchises? I made a brand new offline franchise, but I don't really see how it would make a difference.

I havent done a single XP drill in madden 16. i should probably look into that.

I was never even aware of that

Yeah, I mean the mini games are designed to be one of the ways to improve players this season. For a shitty player they can be kind of good (but its also hard as fuck to get good scores with a shitty player, and they have a lot of random variance).

http://daddyleagues.com/neogaf/player/4693653/history

Using the minigame I raised Adonis Duncan's SAC from 69 to 80 and MAC from 71 to 80. It's not great, but that's with a shitty initial player who had shitty development and only got about 400ish XP per week from each drill (and at first he was only getting 200).

based on what PC posted it also seems like its not worth it to "buy" the fast progression traits, the amount extra it gives really isn't work it compared to just putting that 20k in points much faster

Be warned, they're against an All Madden CPU and are only for certain positions.

Yeah it can be annoying when you get sacked on a passing drill before anyone comes open. Or when All Madden Marshawn destroys your 60 something back up corner.

You're pretty much limited to QB, CB, LB and DL, although I think it varies based on your team and their XP/confidence levels. There are actually more of them available during the pre-season than there are during the regular season.

based on what PC posted it also seems like its not worth it to "buy" the fast progression traits, the amount extra it gives really isn't work it compared to just putting that 20k in points much faster

A Slow dev player has a range of 110-240 per drill. A Star player has a range of 110-344. I think the dev trait increases the floor of the XP you gain as well (ie if you only get Bronze a Star player will get more than a Slow player, but I'm not certain how much).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You can at least do the whole EXP drills that don't require you to actually play the drills, it seems like it only gives like 50 EXP per player but its something and is instant

but then you have to navigate their shit menu's and do it multiple times if you want to give the same player more than one "round" of that training.

Guys I could've sworn I posted this already but I guess I didn't hit submit. I'm gonna have to bow out of the league for now, been too busy to keep up and I'm not sure when I'll have time off to play. I'll be back eventually though.

eznark

Banned
Blue, we have a second case of "Toxic Masculinity" being used in the wild!! This time by everyone's favorite Sterling McGarvey

Sterling McGarvey @sterling_m
Pour one part delusion. Add one part unbridled narcissism. Garnish with toxic masculinity. Serve in 140 chars. twitter.com/ammon_bundy/st…
Ammon Bundy @Ammon_Bundy
We are doing the same thing as Rosa Parks did. We are standing up against bad laws which dehumanize us and destroy our freedom.

Colasante

Guys I could've sworn I posted this already but I guess I didn't hit submit. I'm gonna have to bow out of the league for now, been too busy to keep up and I'm not sure when I'll have time off to play. I'll be back eventually though.

Trade me your cornerbacks before you go!

Blue, we have a second case of "Toxic Masculinity" being used in the wild!! This time by everyone's favorite Sterling McGarvey

This is the hashtag of 2016, I can feel it.

Also Patreon just makes me shake my head. I get the idea but almost every time I see someone using it they're begging for money so they can produce, nothing?

I guess at least they're supposedly producing a thing, unlike GoFundMe which is basically begging for loans you don't have to repay.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Oh ok that's all it takes?

What do you do with offensive linemen? Or in the case like I mentioned above where I couldn't even do the drills for some stupid reason?

Top Bottom