• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Oh ok that's all it takes?

What do you do with offensive linemen? Or in the case like I mentioned above where I couldn't even do the drills for some stupid reason?

I didn't say it was good, I just wanted to deal in numbers instead of "I don't like its".

Also the things that take the most XP to increase are things that should basically be impossible to increase in my opinion.

Mostly I see a lot of complaints about how the system works without a lot of concrete details on how people want it to work. I'm just curious what you guys ideal solution is. This is the third iteration of the system since online franchise launched.

W/R/T OL: http://daddyleagues.com/neogaf/player/4692710/history my first rounder from the first draft, who didn't play much last season, he's gained a whopping 2 points of attributes.

You will find this batshit crazy, because it is, but the new XP changes only apply to NEW ONLINE FRANCHISES. The option to increase XP isn't even present in offline franchises. EA is dumb as fuck.

Ah, I had a feeling that might be the case. I'll look into it more when I get home from work.

Mrbob

Can we declare 2016 the year of "Also on PC" (stolen from a friend). I'd say the last few years were too, but it seems like pretty much everything is also going to be on PC except a very small # of console only games.

Only one console for me next gen, if at all. Don't really need one anymore with Japan games now coming on PC as well.

Even MS is now putting their games on PC. I can pick up ReCore and Halo Wars 2 on PC. XB1 is forever alone.

eznark

Banned
Fucking finally

https://reason.com/blog/2016/01/06/gary-johnson-to-run-for-president-2016

whippedout.jpg

eznark

Banned
Ugh, game/tech journalists are in full PR mode this afternoon defending the Oculus price point.

#journalism

TheCrow

I don't really see why it needs defending. It's close to what I expected. I guess some people out of the states are getting fucked by taxes/conversions.

eznark

Banned
I don't really see why it needs defending. It's close to what I expected. I guess some people out of the states are getting fucked by taxes/conversions.

I honestly don't either. It's clearly selling out as they keep pushing the ship dates back. I guess maybe game writers think VR will make them relevant again since the experiences can't really be streamed so first hand info is useful?

Mrbob

Vive vs Rift, does it really matter what VR headset we use for games? Checking out the Vive right now and like the idea of setting up your room for VR.

Not a big fan of the Vive controller though. I prefer the analog sticks on the rift touch controller.

TheCrow

Vive vs Rift, does it really matter what VR headset we use for games? Checking out the Vive right now and like the idea of setting up your room for VR.

Not a big fan of the Vive controller though. I prefer the analog sticks on the rift touch controller.

Not really in terms of headset specs. It's more about whether you are interested in room scale vr or just seated vr. Both can do either but the vive makes it easier for room scale. The biggest difference is the controllers and how they are tracked. I actually like the haptics in the steam pad so I'm on board for the vive controllers.

eznark

Banned
I still think until they can get a holodeck like situation where you don't need to be isolated it'll be the Wii. It'll sell like crazy, people will try it out at friends house and then it will go on a shelf.

TheCrow

I still think until they can get a holodeck like situation where you don't need to be isolated it'll be the Wii. It'll sell like crazy, people will try it out at friends house and then it will go on a shelf.

I doubt it gets anywhere near the same level of success as the wii. Especially not with the first wave of headsets. This is all early adopter sales and people who already committed to high powered pcs. It'll be a while before vr takes off. If anything it will be primarily the GearVR like headsets that will sell it to the masses. Since it doesn't require you to be the tethered to a pc.

eznark

Banned
I doubt it gets anywhere near the same level of success as the wii. Especially not with the first wave of headsets. This is all early adopter sales and people who already committed to high powered pcs. It'll be a while before vr takes off. If anything it will be primarily the GearVR like headsets that will sell it to the masses. Since it doesn't require you to be the tethered to a pc.

Not in raw numbers no, but it'll be all over Good Morning America and local news and shit for a few months.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't say it was good, I just wanted to deal in numbers instead of "I don't like its".

Also the things that take the most XP to increase are things that should basically be impossible to increase in my opinion.

Mostly I see a lot of complaints about how the system works without a lot of concrete details on how people want it to work. I'm just curious what you guys ideal solution is. This is the third iteration of the system since online franchise launched.

The minimum increment of game prep is 10 hrs. In real life if you took a safety and went through ***60*** hours of game prep, call it film study, would you expect his awareness or play recognition to go up in 1 point increments per week or would you think that spending 10 hrs a day aside from game day reviewing film and studying your opponent would warrant a PRC and/or an AWR increase of say 10 points? What if I told you hey that's just for the one guy you spend your prep on for that week and he will come back down when he has to play the next opponent. Wouldn't that be realistic?

Say you spend all your game prep on drills with your left tackle to improve their footwork or hands or whatever, then yeah, that would be a permanent improvement of +1 PBK or RBK or whatever combo of both. Right now it takes me several weeks of game prep with any OL to improve anything that isn't AWR. Do you mean to tell me that there's no way a player can improve over the course of a year? Rookies don't do that?

I've seen TEs improve in their blocking over the course of a year in real life (Jeremy Shockey, Larry Donnell) so I'm not sure it should be an attribute that should be impossible to increase.

So my suggestions would be this:

1) There should be 60 hrs per phase of the game. 60 hrs offense, 60 hours defense, 60 hrs special teams representing the different coaching staffs within the umbrella of the head coach.

2) Break up the attributes into temporary boosts and permanent boosts. Items like PRC and AWR can be boosted temporarily by opponent to represent film study and learning tendencies such as a safety knowing what a QB/WRs favorite route combos are or a QB being able to read a pre-snap defense. For divisional opponents that you play twice, or anyone you see in the playoffs for a second time, there is still a boost but it would have decreased based on the amount of time between the two games.

3) Items such as blocking, catching, tackling, carrying, pass rush techniques etc that are more technique base - those should be able to incrementally improve with the system we are accustomed to.

4) Items such as speed, acceleration should be near impossible to improve

5) Strength, vert jump, and other similar attributes should be able to improve but slowly and have an upper limit. If I dedicated 60 hrs a week to strength training or squats, there would clearly be a progression to my ability to power lift, box jump, whatever. Obviously you can't break world records.

There are 53 players on the team, the current system allows for an absolute maximum of 24k if everyone was a superstar development player. So cool I get to distribute evenly 452 points per player. Good times. The system a few years back was 2000 XP for every player per week for a total of 1,802,000XP per season if you practiced every week. There's a definite middle ground.

W/R/T OL: http://daddyleagues.com/neogaf/player/4692710/history my first rounder from the first draft, who didn't play much last season, he's gained a whopping 2 points of attributes.

What are you telling me with this? My two guys started all year and pushed out a pro-bowl RB. Do they deserve the same level of XP gain as your backup?

TheCrow

Not in raw numbers no, but it'll be all over Good Morning America and local news and shit for a few months.

Oh then yeah i agree. It'll be up to software developers to find something compelling enough so that more people find reasons to own it. Otherwise it'll only stay popular in niche markets like simulators. Which I'm fine with since I played a lot of Euro Truck Simulator.

What are you telling me with this? My two guys started all year and pushed out a pro-bowl RB. Do they deserve the same level of XP gain as your backup?

No, not at all. Also I had a top 5 rushing attack, so shouldn't I have gotten more? I was putting it out there to show that I agree that the system is skewed towards certain position groups. If I have a top 5 rushing attack and I drafted the #1 or #2 LT in a draft, even if he doesn't play shouldn't he learn and improve in some way?

Maybe he shouldn't! Not every prospect is perfect after all and I think that's the thing that the system you're offering up overlooks and the issue I see with a lot of complaints over the years about progression. I don't think every player should be able to morph into gods of football.

I DO think that this years system isn't really an improvement over past systems. I think I see what they wanted, but given that Madden has like 6 months of actual development there's a reason we've only had like 3 versions of progression in 10 years.

Edit: Remember under one of the old system where people would run it up because "my rookie gets extra xp!", that doesn't seem to be an issue so much this season.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You guys are spending too much time talking about madden xp. You know what the real XP issue is? When you play solo queue in dota and you chose a solo offlaner like Bristleback and some moron support tags along after you say solo and steals your XP. Thats the actual problem.

BigAT

"summon 7 murlocs that died this game"

jesus hearthstone is trash now

It's surprisingly effective when used properly. You basically resummon a one turn kill of charge Murlocs. Paladins are broke as fuck and making ranked really unpleasant to play now. It's not even one deck, there are like 4-5 Paladin decks that are ridiculously good.

eznark

Banned
It's surprisingly effective when used properly. You basically resummon a one turn kill of charge Murlocs. Paladins are broke as fuck and making ranked really unpleasant to play now. It's not even one deck, there are like 4-5 Paladin decks that are ridiculously good.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Even with a control priest deck which buttfucks murloc decks I get slaughtered. I'm out again and I'm taking my 5500 coins with me!

DCX

DCX
You guys are spending too much time talking about madden xp. You know what the real XP issue is? When you play solo queue in dota and you chose a solo offlaner like Bristleback and some moron support tags along after you say solo and steals your XP. Thats the actual problem.
When can you play?

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No, not at all. Also I had a top 5 rushing attack, so shouldn't I have gotten more? I was putting it out there to show that I agree that the system is skewed towards certain position groups. If I have a top 5 rushing attack and I drafted the #1 or #2 LT in a draft, even if he doesn't play shouldn't he learn and improve in some way?

Maybe he shouldn't! Not every prospect is perfect after all and I think that's the thing that the system you're offering up overlooks and the issue I see with a lot of complaints over the years about progression. I don't think every player should be able to morph into gods of football.

I DO think that this years system isn't really an improvement over past systems. I think I see what they wanted, but given that Madden has like 6 months of actual development there's a reason we've only had like 3 versions of progression in 10 years.

Edit: Remember under one of the old system where people would run it up because "my rookie gets extra xp!", that doesn't seem to be an issue so much this season.

So your whole argument centers on "Well what do YOU think it should be?" You make me expand on it and then don't even address what I said aside from the last two lines. Thanks friend.

DJ Bowser

So your whole argument centers on "Well what do YOU think it should be?" You make me expand on it and then don't even address what I said aside from the last two lines. Thanks friend.
Your system sounds great, I just doubt EA cares enough to devise anything bordering on complex.

CYDGme4UQAAcSkR.jpg

Link them this.

Sorry, I meant to address your stuff more in depth but the coffee hadn't kicked in and I haven't had a chance to really write the response you deserve. I do appreciate the discussion and I'm sorry I failed to continue it at this time.

rinse82

Am I reading the daddy leagues site right? Aaron Rodgers has 1,642 yards passing and 12 TD's after 3 games? Wtf

Edit: nevermind he's a Cowboy now and Bowser has already played 4 games =/

DJ Bowser

Am I reading the daddy leagues site right? Aaron Rodgers has 1,642 yards passing and 12 TD's after 3 games? Wtf

My running backs are averaging 1.5 yards per carry, so Aaron is slinging it!

When I looked last night Christine Michael leads the league in receptions at 27.

Edit: by YPG the Cowboys have faced the 32nd, 30th (twice) and 25th ranked pass defenses.

LJ11

Blue, I'm not sure how you're getting 350 XP every time you gold medal a drill with a superstar dev player. Drafted two superstars last season, easy drills for them too, I do tackling for LB (fuck Gurley for breaking tackles) and pass rush drill which is a complete joke because it doesn't matter which player on the DL gets the sack, your designated player gets the sack which is the complete opposite of the LB tackling drill. I honestly don't recall getting more than 260-280. I do spread the drills out between the two players, I wish I could get 1400XP consistently every week for one of these guys, they would be fucking animals.

Wish I could play Wellie, you pounded me pretty good last year, couldn't stop the run. I tell everyone this shit every year, and CB did it in the playoffs, if you can run the ball against me you're going to win, I just don't sell out to stop it. I think if I had a faster LB, which I do have but they need to be usered, I would have better luck. Can't have it all.

LJ11

LJ we were scheduled to play this week but I don't know if you got time for one more?
Nah, I don't man, got up early this morning and started unloading my MUT investments. :(

I'm hoping all goes well and I can play again by the end of next week but I don't want you guys to hold things up, if you have someone plug him in, no clue how this will shake out.

Just had some free time to browse, have plenty of time for the next few hours, and enjoyed the Convo between Wellie and Blue.

DCX

DCX
How did you hold him to 10 points?!

I tanked that game to make beating you in the playoffs sweeter.
fuck knile Davis
He held himself to 10. Murray was getting good gains on me and I just trusted my D to hold ground or get my shit pushed in by Murray. Eventually he threw interceptions and my D line got to him.

Forcing three turnovers to none I should have won by more but he played good D himself. Our games are generally close.

The real question is , how the fuck does Rodgers have 1600 yards already? Damn! Julio's season is getting shit on by the glitch ass receiver you have :/

DCX

DJ Bowser

The real question is , how the fuck does Rodgers have 1600 yards already? Damn! Julio's season is getting shit on by the glitch ass receiver you have :/
If you expanded Julio's route tree to more than jump-ball go routes, he might catch up to Tyronne the Truth.

Also, I can't run, at all. I don't know what happened but I get stuffed now every single time I try.

If you expanded Julio's route tree to more than jump-ball go routes, he might catch up to Tyronne the Truth.

Also, I can't run, at all. I don't know what happened but I get stuffed now every single time I try.

Hey now, he runs plenty of crossing/slants with julio in the slot.

DCX

DCX

Maybe I need to do more jump ball routes! ( dont run alot of verts :/ )

Well Julio only has 92 speed. Ty has a blazing 98, I suppose if the front four don't get home its a wrap.

DCX

Top Bottom