• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Those are all numbers or our current franchise. I don't know how progression worked last year. The year before you just got XP based on goals and a random boost/downgrade at the end of the season.

I just made an offline franchise as a test.

They didn't increase the XP for mini games.
They didn't increase the XP for weekly goals (I actually saw less on a few).
They did lower the cost of stat increases (low end was 255 vs 290, high end was like 14k vs 17k).

So I don't really see a significant change just looking through menus, unless the change bizarrely only counts towards new cloud franchises? I made a brand new offline franchise, but I don't really see how it would make a difference.

You will find this batshit crazy, because it is, but the new XP changes only apply to NEW ONLINE FRANCHISES. The option to increase XP isn't even present in offline franchises. EA is dumb as fuck.

Rorschach

i0fQEWq.jpg

eznark

Banned
Oh man, Rebel Galaxy is just so good. It's like they took Elite Dangerous and turned it into a video game. I tried going back to Elite and just couldn't...and not just because they are now charging for patches.

If nothing else go on Spotify and check out the soundtrack. It's like Space Justified!

Nightz

Oh man, Rebel Galaxy is just so good. It's like they took Elite Dangerous and turned it into a video game. I tried going back to Elite and just couldn't...and not just because they are now charging for patches.

If nothing else go on Spotify and check out the soundtrack. It's like Space Justified!

I was watching the Quick Look for it this morning on the train. I think I'm sold on it.

Somnia

Anytime after 8 eastern.

Let's play at 8:30 CST tonight then, I have some late night work stuff to do but will be done then.

I had no idea this came out on PS4 yesterday and is coming to XB1 next week, I thought it was PC only.

eznark

Banned
Let's play at 8:30 CST tonight then, I have some late night work stuff to do but will be done then.

I had no idea this came out on PS4 yesterday and is coming to XB1 next week, I thought it was PC only.

I didn't either. I'm playing on PC, which is the place to play since consoles don't allow for custom music.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I play the flying LJs after the advance. Let me know if you guys are trying to fill the slot otherwise I will play the AI right after the week turns.

Best case scenario: LJ comes back and I get to stomp him.

Nightz

Seems like you travel quite a bit, it runs like a dream in 1080 on my SP4.

How has your experience been with the SP4? I've read about people having issues with it waking up in their bags and draining battery, so that held me off from buying one. I think it's more of a Windows 10 thing than a hardware issue though.

eznark

Banned
How has your experience been with the SP4? I've read about people having issues with it waking up in their bags and draining battery, so that held me off from buying one. I think it's more of a Windows 10 thing than a hardware issue though.

Pretty sure those issues were only with the Surface Book. I haven't had (nor read of) any of those issues with the SP4. It's been fucking AMAZING.

Honestly my biggest gripe right now is that the resolution on the screen is too high (it's only problem is that it's too good) so playing games in native resolution makes text tiny.

Somnia

At least it makes the wait for the Vive that much easier.

My problem with Vive is I don't have the space for all that crap with the cubes and stuff.

I may skip first gen VR unless Ace Combat comes out near launch for PSVR, then I may go that route.

TheCrow

My problem with Vive is I don't have the space for all that crap with the cubes and stuff.

I may skip first gen VR unless Ace Combat comes out near launch for PSVR, then I may go that route.
Most of my time will be spent playing Elite and DCS. Though I can probably move shit around to get a decent size area. At least with the upgraded chaperone I won't have to worry as much about knocking shit over.

Somnia

Most of my time will be spent playing Elite and DCS. Though I can probably move shit around to get a decent size area. At least with the upgraded chaperone I won't have to worry as much about knocking shit over.

To be fair I haven't looked too much into any of these devices beyond press conferences and shows. I don't know how much room you need, etc.

I will say Vive sounds the most interesting to me out of them, but PSVR will probably be the one that gets the most games... however I'm building a new PC soon so VR on PC is probably where I'll go.

TheCrow

To be fair I haven't looked too much into any of these devices beyond press conferences and shows. I don't know how much room you need, etc.

I will say Vive sounds the most interesting to me out of them, but PSVR will probably be the one that gets the most games... however I'm building a new PC soon so VR on PC is probably where I'll go.

Well the upper bound is 15ft x 15ft but that largely reserved for enthusiasts who will dedicate a room just to vr. Recently they've been saying that a space equal to the size of a yoga mat will be good enough.

Somnia

Well the upper bound is 15ft x 15ft but that largely reserved for enthusiasts who will dedicate a room just to vr. Recently they've been saying that a space equal to the size of a yoga mat will be good enough.

Oh that's not too bad then. I'm not going to worry too much about VR right now, priority one is building a new PC.

TheCrow

And we'll never see that Shinsuke Nakamura ever again. I'm actually not too bummed to see them leave since it just means that Naito, Shibata, Kenny Omega and Ibushi will have more opportunities. Though it always hurts to see great wrestlers flounder in WWE. At least they will get a great pay day.

Mrbob

Torn on the rift at the moment. I thought we might get their custom controller for the $599 price but it doesn't seem the case.

Yeah it is a Windows 10 bug and the fix is supposed to be coming "early 2016". So I'm guessing anytime between now and March.

Mrbob

He is looking at the rift store page and seeing the price.

Wish we could take out some stuff out of the package to get the price down. I don't need another XB1 controller.

Time to wait on Vive, though I'm almost expecting that to be more expensive.

Also, best final fantasy coming to Steam this month:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/377840

TheCrow

He is looking at the rift store page and seeing the price.

Wish we could take out some stuff out of the package to get the price down. I don't need another XB1 controller.

Time to wait on Vive, though I'm almost expecting that to be more expensive.

Also, best final fantasy coming to Steam this month:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/377840

I think there's very little doubt that it'll be more expensive. I just feel like it'll actually be worth it. My limit right now is around $800. That's also the cost of a new monitor i'm considering to get so it feels about right.

Smokey

Completely forgot about Rift pre orders today. Just looked into it and now it shows shipping of May 2016. Pass.

Mrbob

Wonder if there will be any Rift/GPU or Vive/GPU combos? I want to hook the VR unit up to my home theater PC which currently has a R290 in it. According to the rift page this is the bare minimum GPU for use. Looking at buying a new Nvidia GPU when the HBM2 cards are out.

eznark

Banned
You can use Spotify over any game on PS4

Not even close to the same. In this game you can have specific songs trigger with various events. I have Sk8r Boi trigger when I walk into a bar, Kiss Me Deadly when I get into combat, Highway 61 Revisited when I go into warp, etc.

It's fucking great!

Somnia

Can we declare 2016 the year of "Also on PC" (stolen from a friend). I'd say the last few years were too, but it seems like pretty much everything is also going to be on PC except a very small # of console only games.

Top Bottom