• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CRHYiNL.jpg

amazing

DCX

DCX
Is MaddenDGAF still alive?

I wanna do raids. Even if it's the older ones. On my new PSN I haven't done one :(

DCX

Smokey

Smokes, should I buy my 7700k now or wait 2 weeks and hope for a price drop when AMD's new chips come out?

Wait and see what Ryzen has to offer. The 8 core is supposed to be around $500. To give you an idea Intel's current 8 core is $1,000.

If you're not interested in a 8 core, then Ryzen will be even cheaper. If AMD is competitive at all on performance, Intel will have to eventually drop their price.

brentech

RANDOM MUSIC THOUGHTS +-+ Frank Ocean - channel Orange

I only use Amazon Prime Music for my music source, outside of albums I've purchased over the years and uploaded to it.

Noticed they had Frank Ocean on Prime last night, so I thought I'd give him a try. Always heard he had some real chill music - and that's basically what I'm into these days.
Starting with his Channel Orange album, I went for a run today and got through the first 10 tracks.

Starts off strong with 'Thinkin Bout You'. I was like, alright, this guy gets it. Then the next 7 tracks were just a bunch of meh. The majority of the tracks are pretty poor lyrically and while the music has the right energy for my tastes, it just seems under produced -- just lacks a certain something.

Next track that finally had some intrigue was 'Pyramids', but that only lasts for the first 5 minutes of a 10 minute song.

Just got home and was looking at the ratings on prime and it does look like the second half of the album has more high rated songs by users, so I guess there's still hope - I'll listen to the rest. Through the first half of the album I was really questioning why people were dying for his next album to drop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait and see what Ryzen has to offer. The 8 core is supposed to be around $500. To give you an idea Intel's current 8 core is $1,000.

If you're not interested in a 8 core, then Ryzen will be even cheaper. If AMD is competitive at all on performance, Intel will have to eventually drop their price.

cant wait till we build buddy boxes with all AMD parts
yolo.gif

lets go shopping at microcenter together! Its a date
blush.gif

Ferny

RANDOM MUSIC THOUGHTS +-+ Frank Ocean - channel Orange

I only use Amazon Prime Music for my music source, outside of albums I've purchased over the years and uploaded to it.

Noticed they had Frank Ocean on Prime last night, so I thought I'd give him a try. Always heard he had some real chill music - and that's basically what I'm into these days.
Starting with his Channel Orange album, I went for a run today and got through the first 10 tracks.

Starts off strong with 'Thinkin Bout You'. I was like, alright, this guy gets it. Then the next 7 tracks were just a bunch of meh. The majority of the tracks are pretty poor lyrically and while the music has the right energy for my tastes, it just seems under produced -- just lacks a certain something.

Next track that finally had some intrigue was 'Pyramids', but that only lasts for the first 5 minutes of a 10 minute song.

Just got home and was looking at the ratings on prime and it does look like the second half of the album has more high rated songs by users, so I guess there's still hope - I'll listen to the rest. Through the first half of the album I was really questioning why people were dying for his next album to drop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I loved Channel Orange. I enjoy Ocean's music in general tho. Blonde was a fantastic album too tho.

How good is Amazon music?

brentech

I loved Channel Orange. I enjoy Ocean's music in general tho. Blonde was a fantastic album too tho.

How good is Amazon music?

I really liked the that first song, so I'm hoping the second half is more along that lines.

I don't have 'Amazon Music Unlimited', I just use Prime Music, which is their free steaming with Prime.
It doesn't have full artist libraries (some albums are pay only) and sometimes they remove albums from Prime, so it's not a great service on that end....but it's good enough for me.
The Amazon Music app is totally fine and I've never really had a problem with it on Apple or Android.

CB3

I think my thoughts on Frank Ocean mirror yours, Brent. He has flashes here and there, but I dont quite understand the hype around him.

I do like Pink + White off his new album a decent amount, though.

brentech

I gotta admit, 'Channel Orange' tracks 10-16 >> 1-9, with exceptions of tracks 2 and 5. Almost saves the album, but that's too many tracks to fall flat on.

2 Thinkin Bout You
5 Sweet Life
10 Pyramids
11 Lost
14 Bad Religion
15 Pink Matter
16 Forrest Gump

^ All legit.

Mrbob

Hope Ryzen is good. Been waiting on building my gsync desktop build. Is 4k/144 gsync a thing yet?

CB3

Popped into that Flynn thread and Bob is getting pooped on for trying to protect his state from taking fault in its efforts to get Trump elected. Then busted for trying to spread #fakenews.

Its kind of like the time lilboss was being vaguely racist in that Colin Kapernick thread and got destroyed.

Mrbob said:
Yeah sorry I really don't want to derail ill take any reason to impeach Trump. El if this is the first domino to fall so be it.

qpL3QC5.gif

brentech

Rocket League: PS4 Pro Support Coming February 21

Thanks to our development friends at Panic Button, Rocket League will soon officially support the PlayStation 4 Pro!
On February 21, we will release a new update that allows Rocket League to run at both 1080p (on a standard PS4) and 4K (on PS4 Pro) at 60 frames per second in all arenas for single and two-player split-screen modes. Three and four-player split-screen modes will offer 60 frames per second in most arenas at the same resolutions.

Greg

Rocket League: PS4 Pro Support Coming February 21

Thanks to our development friends at Panic Button, Rocket League will soon officially support the PlayStation 4 Pro!
On February 21, we will release a new update that allows Rocket League to run at both 1080p (on a standard PS4) and 4K (on PS4 Pro) at 60 frames per second in all arenas for single and two-player split-screen modes. Three and four-player split-screen modes will offer 60 frames per second in most arenas at the same resolutions.
hmmm

HMMM

Smokey

Is 4k/144 gsync a thing yet?

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...se-republic-of-gamers-announces-swift-pg27uq/

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11014/asus-demonstrates-rog-swift-pg27uq-4k-144-hz-hdr-dcip3-and-gsync

4K/HDR/144hz/Gsync

Rumors are that it will be between $1,500 - $2,000.

Yes I am planning to get one. Gotta have it.

Also Intel has apparently pushed the release up of its Coffee Lake chips as a response to Ryzen. These will be the first 6 core chips offered on Intel's mainstream platform. Probably the biggest indicator that Ryzen is legit.

What a time

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gamin...se-republic-of-gamers-announces-swift-pg27uq/

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11014/asus-demonstrates-rog-swift-pg27uq-4k-144-hz-hdr-dcip3-and-gsync

4K/HDR/144hz/Gsync

Rumors are that it will be between $1,500 - $2,000.

Yes I am planning to get one. Gotta have it.

Also Intel has apparently pushed the release up of its Coffee Lake chips as a response to Ryzen. These will be the first 6 core chips offered on Intel's mainstream platform. Probably the biggest indicator that Ryzen is legit.

What a time

I was super bummed they didn't announce a new ultrawide with similar specs.

brentech

I watched The Revenant over the course of the day yesterday. That bear attack is legit. The rest of the movie is just kind of "well that was okay". Not bad but not great either.

Top Bottom