• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NFL Week 13 Thread - RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

but that was all the way back in the early 90s.

recently, you had rich gannon who won the mvp

and jeff george played pretty well

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wojciechowski column

But that was about it for Owens mistakes. He had seven catches for 156 yards and one touchdown. He celebrated his 14th score of the season by pouring a minibucket of popcorn through his facemask. A Siskel & Ebert tribute? You never know with TO.

is he really unaware of Owens making popcorn jokes/references for like, the bulk of his career?

Karakand

woodchuck said:
but that was all the way back in the early 90s.

recently, you had rich gannon who won the mvp

and jeff george played pretty well
I think we can both agree that there have been some dark days. This is like Djibouti and Ethiopia arguing whose citizens starve the most.

woodchuck said:
in terms of not having an actual QB in a long time?

Quincy Carter
RYAN LEAF
Chad Hutchinson
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
ANTHONY WRIGHT
Drew Bledsoe

dude, we had ryan leaf as our qb at one point. it doesn't get worse than that.

I'm a Cowboy fan and even I find this comparison ridiculous. The Raiders and other teams have been putting up with qbs of this quality for decades. The Cowboy's have had 2 HOF Qb's during there existence. For the majority of there history the Cowboy's have had anywhere from average to HOF caliber QBs. The last few years were pretty rough, but most teams have been dealing with this for decades.

Penguin

woodchuck said:
in terms of not having an actual QB in a long time?

Quincy Carter
RYAN LEAF
Chad Hutchinson
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
ANTHONY WRIGHT
Drew Bledsoe

dude, we had ryan leaf as our qb at one point. it doesn't get worse than that.

Now you have the Golden Adonis of the Girdiron on your team :D

ff414b6a-b95a-4c83-b18b-cd7cda3b9180.widec.jpg

:D

LiveWire

Two football games in 5 days. Normally this is a time for celebration but yesterday's collapse (I also shed a few tears during the pre-game Sean Taylor tribute) is almost unbearable. I think I may only be going Thursday night for the chance to see a future Hall of Famer return a kick for a TD. :/

Zeke

MaestroRyan said:
Tarvaris Jackson makes AD good. You heard it hear first.

edit: Also the Vikings youth means they will be dominating the league for many years

Tarvaris Jackson - plays like romo (with speech impediment):lol
Adrian Peterson - plays similar to Adrian Peterson of OU fame
Sidney Rice - reminds everyone of randy moss
Aundrae Allison - marvin harrison like skills, but with less skill

be scared!
AD is whats keeping that team floating. Come on those guys shouldn't even be metioned with Harrision, Moss, or Romo.

Slo

Zeke said:
AD is whats keeping that team floating. Come on those guys shouldn't even be metioned with Harrision, Moss, or Romo.

[GAF statistician]The Vikes are 6-2 with TJack starting, and 0-4 without him. The Vikes also went 2-0 when AP was down. Therefore AP is a bum, and if we could construct a team of 11 TJacks we'd be the greatest team in the history of history.[/GAF statistician]

effzee

hey i heard how tom brady defended moss this past week...but what for?

i guess i missed it but what was he defending moss for or against?

keiichi

effzee said:
hey i heard how tom brady defended moss this past week...but what for?

i guess i missed it but what was he defending moss for or against?

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady passionately came to the defense of receiver Randy Moss yesterday, firing back at critics who have questioned Moss's effort. In a quiet moment in the locker room before practice, Brady was asked if he agreed with ESPN "Monday Night Football" analyst Ron Jaworski, who said Moss took plays off during the team's 31-28 victory over the Eagles last Sunday night. Brady had not heard the remarks, and was made aware of them by a reporter. "I have never, ever felt he has taken plays off. Are you kidding me? There is nothing there about Randy's game that I'm not 100 percent positive on," Brady said.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...2007/12/01/brady_switches_to_defense_for_day/

woodchuck

darkiguana said:
I'm a Cowboy fan and even I find this comparison ridiculous. The Raiders and other teams have been putting up with qbs of this quality for decades. The Cowboy's have had 2 HOF Qb's during there existence. For the majority of there history the Cowboy's have had anywhere from average to HOF caliber QBs. The last few years were pretty rough, but most teams have been dealing with this for decades.

i'm not comparing the history of the franchises.

He said the Raiders haven't had a real QB in a long time. They've had a real QB more recently than the cowboys have had a real QB. And besides Rich Gannon, they did have Jeff George and Hostetler was decent.

Cowboys haven't had a real QB from like 1999-2006.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a couple of other franchises who haven't had a real QB in that time frame - Bears, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, and Texans (lol).

woodchuck said:
i'm not comparing the history of the franchises.

He said the Raiders haven't had a real QB in a long time. They've had a real QB more recently than the cowboys have had a real QB. And besides Rich Gannon, they did have Jeff George and Hostetler was decent.

Cowboys haven't had a real QB from like 1999-2006.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a couple of other franchises who haven't had a real QB in that time frame - Bears, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, and Texans (lol).

43913ou1.jpg

he took us to the playoffs multiple years

Karakand

Following last Wednesday's practice at the Raiders' training facility in Alameda, starting quarterback Daunte Culpepper, still trying to fight his way back from the severe knee injury he suffered two years ago, bragged that he could beat halfback LaMont Jordan in a 100-yard sprint. This wasn't surprising to Culpepper's teammates, some of whom scoff at his penchant for extolling his own abilities in virtually every realm and sarcastically refer to him as "Top Five In the World."

Negotiations between Culpepper and Jordan ultimately broke down, and the quarterback instead ended up racing third-year cornerback Stanford Routt who, during his college days at Houston, finished third in the 200 meters at the 2003 NCAA outdoor meet. Even while starting from midfield and spotting the quarterback five yards, Routt lived up to his surname. "Stanford blew him away," one witness said. "And afterward, Daunte said something didn't feel right. Now, he's on the bench. Doesn't that say it all?"
Oh Raiders...

"We still have a chance to win our division," receiver Ronald Curry said hopefully, "but even if we were out of it, guys would still play hard. We're trying to build something for next year and the years beyond. It's a better team with better schemes, and we're not making as many stupid mistakes as we have in the past."

Adds veteran defensive tackle Warren Sapp, now in his fourth season with the Raiders: "Ever since Lane took the job, something about him wasn't going to let us do the same old (expletive) over and over again. His message has been consistent: 'Let's stop (expletive) around and go play.' He has all the confidence in the world, and we feed off that. This was the best we've played since I've been here, easy; we put our foot on them today."

So much for Coach Lunch Money. More like Coach LANE.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Eli Manning had his usual Monday interview with Yankee shill Michael Kay of ESPN Radio NY. Kay asked Eli who was at fault for that interception Eli put it on himself. With further prying Eli divulged exactly what went wrong: Burress was crossing the field five yards deeper than Shockey, Shockey's job on that play was to run the drag and take Urlacher out of the zone with him. Shockey sits on the route (incorrectly) so Urlacher stays put and the pass based on timing was intercepted. So the throw that looked like it went straight to Urlacher was intended to go to Burress almost directly behind him.

Video here at 17 second mark.

Regardless of what did or did not happen there, just don't throw the ball!

But this just goes to show how little we actually know about what the players on the field are trying to do.

Mrbob

Where do I send Eli's frutbasket to thank him for single handidly keeping the Bears in the game?

I suppose you could do the same for Hester by dropping that long TD bomb which would have iced the game in the 2nd.

Sexy Rexy = franchise QB material biznitches

Mrbob

So Lance Briggs inked a new long term deal with the Bears today. Interesting to see considering in the offseason he said he would never play for the Bears again after this season. What a difference a truck load of money makes.

Big-E

Mrbob said:
So Lance Briggs inked a new long term deal with the Bears today. Interesting to see considering in the offseason he said he would never play for the Bears again after this season. What a difference a truck load of money makes.

Something must have happened behind the scenes cause he would have made his money on another team. Something good must have happened to him if he is staying.

Zep

Banned
Mrbob said:

what are the figures, bitch.

Tamanon

Banned
iapetus said:
Paul Spicer has been making some very clear statements about his belief that while the Jags' twelfth man wears teal, the Colts' twelfth man wears black and white stripes:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/120307/jag_222328606.shtml

I dunno how I feel about it. I hate when players whine about refs, but I do agree that things looked really suspect at the time. Like, REALLY suspect. I got 3 texts from different friends after that fumble to incomplete pass reversal saying this game is fixed.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, seeing the Ravens go through their pregame ritual these days it's just not the same. It's like seeing a band that's pretty much just mailing it in now until the tour is over.

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, somehow on a day when my opponent had LT, Fred Taylor and Hines Ward, I'm only 4 points behind with Wes Welker to play.

I think I've got this, but I hope he recovered from that concussion.

East Lake

Kornheiser just needs to ditch the whole intro speech he has at the beginning, I don't mind him on PTI but on this he just has me thinking, SFTU, will you?

Tamanon

Banned
woodchuck said:
so much time for brady to throw.

fucking spread offense. go back to college.

And the Patriots select Tim Tebow with their 2010 1st round draft pick!:p

Yeah he had forever which is silly considering he doesn't even have a back back there to block.

:lol The Pats got 6 yards on a run into a 12-man front!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom