• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NFL Week 13 Thread - RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
so your counter argument is the stealers aren't perfect, they have a good defense, and don't question my fanhood.

persuasive.

* Steelers.
* They have an awesome defense. Actually scratch that... They have the best defense.

Exactly.

firex

harSon said:
Was born and raised in Pittsburgh buddy, if you'd like I'll take a picture of my room. I'll even dig out my Steeler jerseys starting from my first (Birth) to now (19 years old). I have had a new Steeler jersey every single year starting with my first, Mike Merriweather.

I never said that the Steelers were perfect, FAR from it. The Steelers defense however is very good which is what I was saying. As for the rest of your bitter teared rant, I think I'll pass.

Thats funny, I seem to recall a score of 21-0 against the seahawks.
I accept your concession to my argument, although you should have just said tl;dr instead of trying to prove your... god help me for using an ESPN term... "fanhood." I wasn't criticizing the Steeler D anyway, aside from that I do think they got away with some stuff, though it's stuff that's close enough to be a non-call and should, I guess, also be called against the packers if we're going to be fair.

The whole "bitter tears" thing is so old and dry, though. kind of like Dick LeBeau, except he's still good.

Karakand

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Yawncos

Divisional win streak, Rorschach. Plan the parade! Make Lane coach for life!

8ebgopd.gif

harSon said:
* Steelers.
* They have an awesome defense. Actually scratch that... They have the best defense.

Exactly.

their defense is great, but the best offensive teams the STEELERS (typing fast b4 :p) have played is probably the Bengals (4-8), maybe the seahawks or browns though. Not bashing their defense but you can't claim they're the best when they haven't been tested. If they are the best defense in the league then it will be interesting to see how well they hold the best offense next week, their first test imo.

harSon

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
their defense is great, but the best offensive teams the STEELERS (typing fast b4 :p) have played is probably the Bengals (4-8), maybe the seahawks or browns though. Not bashing their defense but you can't claim they're the best when they haven't been tested. If they are the best defense in the league then it will be interesting to see how well they hold the best offense next week, their first test imo.

The average overall rankings of the offenses that the Steelers' defense have encountered is at around 9th ranked. Quite a high average. The fact that the defense has allowed an average of 12.9 points a game this late in the season is an impressive stat no matter the circumstances.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man...watching nfl gameday and seeing what the skins did for sean taylor on the first play and hearing some of the post game interviews, and hearing Deion Sanders (who when he gets serious happens to be an awesome, powerful speaker) talking afterwards, it was all pretty touching. It really does make you kinda put things in perspective and make you want to let the people you care about know that you love them, because you never know if you may not get that chance to do so

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Fucking Eli manning man, fucking ELI MANNING. Time to abort him, flash some tits over Romo's way and bring that fucker over. ELI MANNING MAN, AIR BALL I FUCKEN HATE YOU

I think he does this so I can shit my pants

Rorschach

Karakand said:
They booed him even though he was winning for us... I also wanted JRuss to stay, though. :( I'm guilty, but it was just so exciting! He owned Chump Bailey AND [edit omg l.ynch is banned?]Lync.h! Lync.h just bounced off him and Bailey got pwned in coverage.

My thoughts:

-Miller finally getting his share of looks and performing well
-Porter played great (that 1 handed catch was awesome)
-Huggy Bear's kid rox
-RThomas played well
-Howard with another pick!
-Curry and Dwight also played well
-Defense stuffed the run
-Washington pick!
-McCown rocked :O
-Morrison solid as a rock as usual
-Asomugha completely shut down whoever he was covering and owned Marshall most of the game.

-huff got owned twice by the same play, but at least recovered enough to stop the td. :(

btw- did you hear how he broke his finger? He tried to catch a pass from AWalt and it dislocated 3 knuckles and completely dislodged his pinky. :lol

AWalt cannon arm futures!

Karakand

Rorschach said:
btw- did you hear how he broke his finger? He tried to catch a pass from AWalt and it dislocated 3 knuckles and completely dislodged his pinky. :lol

AWalt cannon arm futures!
We're spoiled with riches at quarterback. It's quite the enviable position to be in.

I also wanted JMR to stay in. So we're both kinda shitty. But in all fairness this was the first truly "complete" game from McCown that didn't end with an embarrassing turnover. You can stay the rest of the season, then you gone buddy! JMR + AWalt = 200 yard field rule.

Freakin' JMR though... FEARLESS. Going against Chump on your first NFL pass is pretty ballsy. That and holy smokes he's huge on the field. I was perhaps too hard on him for wanting his cash money this summer. :D

Rorschach

Karakand said:
We're spoiled with riches at quarterback. It's quite the enviable position to be in.
:lol

I also wanted JMR to stay in. So we're both kinda shitty. But in all fairness this was the first truly "complete" game from McCown that didn't end with an embarrassing turnover. You can stay the rest of the season, then you gone buddy! JMR + AWalt = 200 yard field rule.

Freakin' JMR though... FEARLESS. Going against Chump on your first NFL pass is pretty ballsy. That and holy smokes he's huge on the field. I was perhaps too hard on him for wanting his cash money this summer. :D
That bullet he threw to Porter was on one leg! The future finally looks bright!

JRuss + Bush + Miller + Young Defense = future proof! So many young guys...I guess the payoff to being shitty for a few seasons is coming! WR with the next pick!

Karakand

Rorschach said:
WR with the next pick!
Stupid trade with the Pats. JMR to Moss would have made LOL-P to Moss look pedestrian. :(

I think the thing I'm most happy about is that Lunch Money has somehow managed to keep the team from quiting. When Denver was coming back the only thing I could think was, "great here comes the late game collapse". :lol

I benched Zach Miller in FF. ;_; Goodbye playoffs.

Rorschach

Karakand said:
Stupid trade with the Pats. JMR to Moss would have made LOL-P to Moss look pedestrian. :(

I think the thing I'm most happy about is that Lunch Money has somehow managed to keep the team from quiting. When Denver was coming back the only thing I could think was, "great here comes the late game collapse".

You weren't alone!

Rorschach said:

also:

Rorschach said:

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BlueTsunami said:
Fucking Eli manning man, fucking ELI MANNING. Time to abort him, flash some tits over Romo's way and bring that fucker over. ELI MANNING MAN, AIR BALL I FUCKEN HATE YOU

I think he does this so I can shit my pants
:lol :D

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Yeah, I was partying pretty hard last night so I haven't been able to post anything til now. GOOOOOO RAIDERS!!!!1 Yesterday was so awesome. I literally had tears of joy streaking down my face when JRuss took the field. Yeah, he only was in there for a little while, but damn did that stadium pop like I haven't witnessed in years. *High fives Rors and Kara*

Bengal fans, give them one winning season in 17 years and they think they know everything. Sorry if I can't take your judgments on the Steelers seriously. After all, the Bengals got knocked out of the playoffs in 05 by the Steelers, kept out of the playoffs last year by the Steelers and swept this year by the Steelers. Basically, shut up.

And Dolphin fans talking shit...I mean, seriously? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I saw an interesting play yesterday, the Jags player jumped straight up to catch the ball around the two yard line. Bob Sanders came and hit him while he was in mid air and drove him back to around the 4/5 yard line before the players feet actually touched down. Now the player regained balance and didn't just go down tried to fight for more yards but didn't really get any. But if he did go down does it matter that he never had possession on the ground at that location for the spot? Would it be where he landed?

Tamanon

Banned
Flizzzipper said:
I saw an interesting play yesterday, the Jags player jumped straight up to catch the ball around the two yard line. Bob Sanders came and hit him while he was in mid air and drove him back to around the 4/5 yard line before the players feet actually touched down. Now the player regained balance and didn't just go down tried to fight for more yards but didn't really get any. But if he did go down does it matter that he never had possession on the ground at that location for the spot? Would it be where he landed?

Nope, he would've had the spot at the 2 yard line. It was kinda annoying.

Spectral Glider said:
Bengal fans, give them one winning season in 17 years and they think they know everything. Sorry if I can't take your judgments on the Steelers seriously. After all, the Bengals got knocked out of the playoffs in 05 by the Steelers, kept out of the playoffs last year by the Steelers and swept this year by the Steelers. Basically, shut up.

And Dolphin fans talking shit...I mean, seriously? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I am a fan of football, why exactly can't i make observations? because my team is 0-12 all my oppinions are void? good reasoning.

Karakand

Laguna X said:
I literally had tears of joy streaking down my face when JRuss took the field. Yeah, he only was in there for a little while, but damn did that stadium pop like I haven't witnessed in years. *High fives Rors and Kara*
It was a religious experience. I've never understood how people could be enraptured during charismatic church services, but now I know.

^5

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I am a fan of football, why exactly can't i make observations? because my team is 0-12 all my oppinions are void? good reasoning.

I love trash talk thinly veiled as "observations." You have every right to your opinions. I have every right to laugh at them. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
MaestroRyan said:
Defenses are finding it increasingly more difficult to defend the Vikings' offense because of Tarvaris Jackson's improved play. The second year signal caller is finding his groove as a passer and benefitting from defenses focusing on stopping their top-ranked rush attack. Jackson has completed 45 of 58 passes for 504 yards in the past three games after only completing 46 percent of his passes during his first five starts. The key has been improved accuracy and better chemistry with his receivers on play-action passes.

Or it's probably AD. Yeah, it's that one.

MaestroRyan said:
Wildcard: Giants (8-4) (@Eagles - Redskins - @Bills - Patriots)
Wildcard: Cardinals (6-6) (@Seahawks - @Saints - Falcons - Rams)

In the hunt:

-Lions (6-6) (Cowboys - @Chargers - Chiefs - @ Packers)
-Vikings (6-6) (@49ers - Bears - Redskins - @ Broncos)
-Panthers (5-7) (@Jaguars - Seahawks - Cowboys - @Bucs)
-Redskins (5-7) (Bears - @Giants - @Vikings - Cowboys)
-Bears (5-7) (@Redskins - @Vikings - Packers - Saints)
-Saints (5-7) (@Falcons - Cardinals - Eagles - @Bears)
-Eagles (5-7) (Giants - @Cowboys - @Saints - Bills)

so...Giants get in, Cardinals very well could. Aren't Boldin and Fitz injured? If so the Seahawks and Saints might win.. Lions can't possibly get in, their schedule is 1-3 at best. Vikings will implode, meaning whoever either LSU or Ohio State will take the second wildcard. You decide!

If Vikes do get in they are nearly guaranteed to play at Tampa Bay or Seattle.. Which means Kevin Williams' salty tea bag will be placed again on Glasselbeck or Garcia, but that's only a bad thing for one of them.

Going by the schedules, I'd say Lions, Panthers and Skins are out.

TheDuce22

Banned
Nice to see Brad Childress having some success. I can only imagine what we would have done of Reid listened to him and ran the ball more.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
MaestroRyan said:
Defenses are finding it increasingly more difficult to defend the Vikings' offense because of Tarvaris Jackson's improved play. The second year signal caller is finding his groove as a passer and benefitting from defenses focusing on stopping their top-ranked rush attack. Jackson has completed 45 of 58 passes for 504 yards in the past three games after only completing 46 percent of his passes during his first five starts. The key has been improved accuracy and better chemistry with his receivers on play-action passes.
You beat the Lions, a team whom I'm admitting may not win another game this season.

I mean, lets put the reins on this here. And the game before you played a QB who threw you THREE pick-6 plays. C'mon. Let's not go overboard here.

Enron

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
Tarvaris Jackson makes AD good. You heard it hear first.

edit: Also the Vikings youth means they will be dominating the league for many years

Tarvaris Jackson - plays like romo (with speech impediment)
Adrian Peterson - plays similar to Adrian Peterson of OU fame
Sidney Rice - reminds everyone of randy moss
Aundrae Allison - marvin harrison like skills, but with less skill

be scared!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

But the Vikes have all sub .500 games left. Course, not that that means much in this league anymore, but they should do well down the home stretch. And once you're in the playoffs, what happened in the regular season means squat.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MaestroRyan said:
If Vikes do get in they are nearly guaranteed to play at Tampa Bay or Seattle.. Which means Kevin Williams' salty tea bag will be placed again on Glasselbeck or Garcia, but that's only a bad thing for one of them.
Yes I would also have to guarantee that if the Vikings, or anyone else for that matter, makes the wildcard, they would have to play at the winners of the south and west.

Also, tears of joy for JRuss? :lol

Skins fans....they are terrible but after so many years of promises and chances being given up who can fault them.....actually teams go through this all the time...GROW UP SKIN FANS!!!

This week has been hard on the team but fans still want to put blame on someone for the loss from JC/Gibbs/Secondary/O-Line truth be told they tried and we need to support them. Next week we play MINN and we still have a long-shot at the playoffs so the fans need to get behind their team and not against it we need to push this team because they need their fans.

Slo

Listening to KFAN this morning is mind-numbing. The rubes are such bandwagoners. Two weeks ago they had us sending Childress to the bottom of Lake Superior, and trading for Derek Anderson in the offseason. This week TJack is the going to the Pro Bowl and the road to the Super Bowl goes through Minney. :lol :lol

castle007

Banned
I am calling it right now. The Miami Patriots match is going to be EPIC :D

What if the Patriots lose?? :O

But first, lets wait to see if the Patriots will remain undefeated after tonight's game.

woodchuck

in terms of not having an actual QB in a long time?

Quincy Carter
RYAN LEAF
Chad Hutchinson
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
ANTHONY WRIGHT
Drew Bledsoe

dude, we had ryan leaf as our qb at one point. it doesn't get worse than that.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
woodchuck said:
dude, we had ryan leaf as our qb at one point. it doesn't get worse than that.
Motherfucker, we had Todd Marinovitch. FUCKING TODD MARINOVITCH!!!1 Don't make me bitchslap you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom