• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October: The Callisto Protocol, Farming Simulator 22, Weird West

bender

What time is it?
Finished the Calisto Protocol. The production values are off the charts but almost everything else about the game is pure tedium. It feels like every half minute or so you are crawling threw a vent or shimming through a narrow space. Enemy variety is pretty poor. Combine that with the melee focus combat and the game is robbed of any tension fairly quickly. From a narrative standpoint, everything happens so quickly that the twists and turns fail to deliver any punch as it is hard to have any connection to the main cast. It is worth a playthrough but I can't imagine ever revisiting it.

Cashon

Banned
Finished the Calisto Protocol. The production values are off the charts but almost everything else about the game is pure tedium. It feels like every half minute or so you are crawling threw a vent or shimming through a narrow space. Enemy variety is pretty poor. Combine that with the melee focus combat and the game is robbed of any tension fairly quickly. From a narrative standpoint, everything happens so quickly that the twists and turns fail to deliver any punch as it is hard to have any connection to the main cast. It is worth a playthrough but I can't imagine ever revisiting it.
I played through the opening and then about 10% into the Aftermath "chapter." It's so weird to me how a game can be so similar to Dead Space and yet feel so much more boring.

The Dead Space Remake was excellent and well with the full retail price, in my opinion (if for no other reason than to hopefully encourage EA to remake 2 as well). But I don't even know if I'll finish the second chapter of The Callisto Protocol.

Top Bottom