• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
You couldn't leave it alone could you?! Listen - Tatsumaki is at her best when she's being [drawn] precious and annoying. She may be older but she doesn't have the "qualifications" to fill the role you think she should be in. She needs to step into the background when queen Fubuki graces us with her presence.
What are you... a lolicon or something?!

Tatsumaki>>>>>>>>Fubuki.

DeaviL

Banned
You couldn't leave it alone could you?! Listen - Tatsumaki is at her best when she's being [drawn] precious and annoying. She may be older but she doesn't have the "qualifications" to fill the role you think she should be in. She needs to step into the background when queen Fubuki graces us with her presence.
What are you... a lolicon or something?!

Not too make you go "wut!?",
but when Tatsu is drawn at her most mature, she could probably be 18 - 20 where i live.

I've been to the US when i was 20 and they thought i was 14,
my 25 year old brother was also guessed to be about 14 - 15.

American kids be scary yo.

Hypron

Guys ease off with the spoilers.

I'm getting stuff spoiled even though I'm up to date with Murata's version of the manga >_>

Feltrol

Banned
So many awesome things in this ep. ONE Tatsumaki, the hilarious faces, KING, even name dropping Garou!! But the best thing? My favorite S-Classer finally makes his debut:

tumblr_nyy5p4eZqD1qkw2uho2_540.gif

Metal Bat desperately needs his own series.

Reminds me of

char_116418.jpg

Yosuke from JoJo part 4.

Chase17

I've just caught up with the series (including today's episode) and like it a lot. Hard to believe that there are only 2 episodes left.

I also like how Darkshine was like "No Tatsumaki, don't fuck with King he will kill you" then said "No Genos, don't fuck with Tatsumaki, she'll kill you" because King is just that much of a badass

the anime ship looks more like a living ship, and the manga ship looks more mechanical
I hadn't noticed this; You're right. Given the type of aliens they'll be facing I actually think that's more appropriate.

MadHouse is doing a really excellent job translating OPM. They can't be praised enough. Seeing this animated is a joy every week.

tumblr_nyyaj2IdMU1rmzw91o1_540.gif

tumblr_nyy7k2hxDc1tuph7wo1_500.gif

Sealed

Banned
Metal Bat was always going to get an "Ahhh? Kora!" voice like every yankee character

They should have used someone who sounds more like Knuckle in Hunter x Hunter

that's the voice I hear when I picture metal bat anyway

Not that it sounds bad now, just not what I expected

Paltros

I lost my patience last week and read the whole manga already. I really hate that the manga is usually 10-12 pages. I mean, like, wtf is this?
Murata's manga also is a webcomic, webcomics give their authors a lot more leeway with things like that. It's all for the best in the end anyway, you can't rush quality work.

If you're really impatient, you can just go ahead and read ONE's original webcomic which is much farther ahead than Murata's version, but it's still ongoing and the wait times between chapters is very long (ONE doesn't really have a schedule he has to follow or anything for OPM chapters).

Crocodile

Is anyone else super uncomfortable with the black bodybuilder guy's design.

It could certainly be better but I wasn't having a problem with it until this thread (I'm only up to date through the Murata version) where people are saying he isn't even Black? Cause if so then that design kind of moves from a bit derpy but otherwise fine to WTF?!-City via the "Really?" Highway with a house on "LOL Japan" Avenue and your personal car parked on "C'mon Son" Boulevard.

Tat's design doesn't bother me, though the fanservice is a little ridiculous. Perhaps she's an attempt to parody the 1000 year old dragon syndrome, but I would have preferred her more along the lines of this:

NVrpu6g.jpg

God this design is so much better. I mean OPM doesn't take it to the places that some other properties do with the "1000 year old demon" trope do but even as a parody element I don't think lines need to be skirted.

Trickster

God this design is so much better. I mean OPM doesn't take it to the places that some other properties do with the "1000 year old demon" trope do but even as a parody element I don't think lines need to be skirted.

I get that viewing from that 1000 year old dragon angle might make the current loli version seem innapropriate, and I'm definetely not a fan of all the loli stuff in general. However I love her design purely because of the comedic value that her character brings thx to it.

Deadly

I love how they occasionally mix in the ONE comics artstyle. It's hilarious, heck I wouldn't mind watching a whole show that way.

Crocodile

That's just Fubuki's body if it was Tatsumaki.

And the problem is.........? :p

That Tatsumaki design wouldn't give us hilarious One faces so it loses by default.

Yeah there would be less opportunities for comedy that's for sure. I concede that.

I don't think the looks that much like a loli. She's clearly post puberty, she's just like a meter tall.

Oh sure, its could be 1000X worse. I'm not really mad/upset just "if I were in charge" I'd have done things differently.

I get that viewing from that 1000 year old dragon angle might make the current loli version seem innapropriate, and I'm definetely not a fan of all the loli stuff in general. However I love her design purely because of the comedic value that her character brings thx to it.
Yep. This is the primary reason it doesn't bother me. Tatsumaki is such a brat and her interactions with everyone else is hilarious because of it.

tumblr_nyy8cvHNmY1qam6y9o1_540.gif

tumblr_nyy8cvHNmY1qam6y9o2_540.gif

tumblr_nyy8cvHNmY1qam6y9o4_540.gif

tumblr_nyy8cvHNmY1qam6y9o3_540.gif

But... you can have scenes like this without the gratuitous fanservice and ass shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom