• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

OAD - Road to Hero

That was pretty enjoyable. Obviously it didn't have the production values of a high end episode of the series, but since it was a relatively mundane flashback it worked well. Good direction and it's nice to see an extended story with Saitama in his pre-bald design. The music was also exceptionally on point for the episode. :)

jett

D-Member
Yes. The OAD is just a bonus episode that came on a DVD with the limited edition version of the latest manga volume which came out this week in Japan.

Manga comes with anime produced just a bonus item? lol I'm behind the times. I guess some anime shows really are just commercials for their respective mangas.

duckroll

Manga comes with anime produced just a bonus item? lol I'm behind the times. I guess some anime shows really are just commercials for their respective mangas.

It's not a free bonus item. The regular manga volume is only like 400yen, while the limited edition one bundled with the OVA DVD is 2400yen. :p

Producing bonus anime episodes these way to sell premium volumes of popular manga is a business practice that has been experimented with for several years now.

jett

D-Member
It's not a free bonus item. The regular manga volume is only like 400yen, while the limited edition one bundled with the OVA DVD is 2400yen. :p

Producing bonus anime episodes these way to sell premium volumes of popular manga is a business practice that has been experimented with for several years now.

I see, that figures. :p I don't really read manga so this is all news to me.

kewlmyc

I don't know about Hulu, but I saw it on Kissanime

I think Hulu may only air the real episodes. Or the OVA just isn't up yet on Hulu.
The OAD is something that was sold with the new manga released then fansubbed. It's not gonna get a Hulu release since it's not one of the TV episodes.

Magwik

Banned
It's that time of day again on Hulu
f5.jpg

Puruzi

Banned
Genos is already done with Tatsumaki.

Madhouse teasing an arc it won't cover for at least 3 years.

Now i'm starting to get hope that they'll just go balls to the wall and use ONE's to adapt more. Didn't think they would before, but fuck it, I'm hoping

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I swear this episode felt like it lasted two minutes. Not necessarily a bad thing but it means we have to wait another week, and that we only have four minutes left!

somedevil

With only 12 episodes is it just gonna end with the
Boros arc
?

Yep, because the Next arc in One's version is like 50 chapters and Murata version is no where close to being done.

Like some said get ready for a long wait for season 2 unless they adapt One's version.

I know that changing openings frequently isn't exactly uncommon with anime, but I really, really want them to stick with this one if there's ever a second season. I just can't imagine them replacing it with something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom