• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''Optimised for Xbox Series X'' logo is bullshit

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
As the title says, ''Optimised for Xbox Series X'' logo is bullshit because it means nothing specific.
Is the game native 4k ? We have no idea.
Is the game running on 120/60/30 fps ? We have no idea.
Does it have ray-tracing ? We have no idea.
So, what's the point of this logo ? Just marketing bullshit. Any game that runs on a specific console is optimised for that specific console, no need in useless logos. At least it's gonna be hidden on the back, not in the front.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You mean... a marketing term is just that ???? A MARKETING TERM ????

All my life is a lie

FPM.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Did you even have any intention of buying a Series X though? Because your post history says no and that this is just more concern trolling.

Although I do agree that they vagueness of the logo needs to be reworked. I don't know if they already plan on it, but the very least include a list of optimizations on the back.

turtlepowa

Banned
Maybe a comment from CD Project Red on Cyberpunk will help: "Whether you buy it for PS4 or Xbox One, you’ll get a free upgrade to a version optimized for PS5 or Xbox Series X that takes “full advantage of the next-gen hardware.” I guess that sticker is just for games that run better on a XSX than on weaker consoles.

Series S - maybe
[X] doubt

Last edited:

Romulus

I'm just ready to see a single game that looks remotely close to being built around 12tf. Probably by the time that even happens we'll have mid gen refreshes coming.

CitizenX

Banned
This was from a 2017 article about the one X during a Spencer interview
The Xbox One X will be available on November 7 and features an octa-core processor with 12GB of DDR5 RAM in order to allow playing games at a "native" 4K resolution with HDR

Circus barker

Oppoi

Only way such a promotion would make sense beyond a slogan was if there was a deal in place for whatever time the developers had for optimizing the game to be focused on the Xbox... which would create a massive backlash as in bribing devs to have the game perform worse on other platforms.

kuncol02

Banned
It means that the game has a series x port compiled for it, it may or may not use any of ite features.
No one will decide to make separate Series X port with additional paid certification if game will not have any changes in comparison to current gen version.

Vawn

Banned
I'm just ready to see a single game that looks remotely close to being built around 12tf. Probably by the time that even happens we'll have mid gen refreshes coming.

Well, if Lockhart ends up actually being 4tf, this may never happen, even after Xbox One support is dropped or we get a Series X Pro.

Hopefully, we hear something soon.

Leyasu

Banned
As the title says, ''Optimised for Xbox Series X'' logo is bullshit because it means nothing specific.
So, what's the point of this logo ? Just marketing bullshit. Any game that runs on a specific console is optimised for that specific console, no need in useless logos. At least it's gonna be hidden on the back, not in the front.
Can I get back the seconds of my life that it took me to read this?

This did not need a thread

tillbot8

Banned
I think the messaging is all just confused! I know they are going for an all in one eco-system but even the naming is just so weird. I thought the Xbox 'one' was just odd and this series stuff won't resonate well in the long run in my opinion.

Microsoft have a 12tf monster with tons of cash? Invest like crazy for top studios and talent and have a real go at this gen. Be linear, clear, direct and aggressive and I honestly think they could really give Sony a run for their money. But I don't know if their current strategy will work? I don't see it? 50 million consoles sold is good. 25-30 won't be!

Last edited:
Although they've said all the games will play better on the box. I would like to know the ones they specifically ported to the box. What gives OP? Is this new?

Bolivar687

Banned
Only way such a promotion would make sense beyond a slogan was if there was a deal in place for whatever time the developers had for optimizing the game to be focused on the Xbox... which would create a massive backlash as in bribing devs to have the game perform worse on other platforms.

Or something like Diablo III on consoles, where Microsoft sent engineers to Blizzard's offices to ensure the game ran well on Xbox One.

Optimized for x sounds like:

It is not optimized for non x / is shit on non x

Or

It is made for non x, but is made to work on x too

Or

It is not made for x, and only minor things are added

So it sounds negative.

Because optimization is making something that doesnt work so good to barely work on the system

They should word it as: best version on series x etc

ZehDon

Same as "PS4 Pro Enhanced". I don't see the problem - if it matters that much to you, you'll research what the differences and improvements are.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Any game that runs on a specific console is optimised for that specific console, no need in useless logos.
No it's not. Was Forza 5 optimised for a 12TF Series X, or was it optimized for the 1.3TF Xbox One that it released on 7 years ago?

Also marketing/PR, who cares.

Also with that avatar I'm sure you are concerned about the Xbox.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Microsoft loves to muddy the waters with vague marketing terms that actually don't mean anything.

They even slapped a name on the ability for a server to know which system was communicating with it and handing it the correct patch 🤣🤣

Jerm411

It’s one of those silly marketing things MS does that just makes you roll your eyes and ask why...completely pointless.

They love their buzzwords and marketing terms though so it’s fine....

Jason28

No it's not. Was Forza 5 optimised for a 12TF Series X, or was it optimized for the 1.3TF Xbox One that it released on 7 years ago?
If it's not running in BC mode, yes, it was optimised. Look at Halo Infinite, that game looks like shit, yet it's gonna be optimised for Series X.

Jason28

then how does that logo impact you exactly?
It's just a topic i wanted to discuss, you don't talk only about things that have a impact on you.
Also, are they going to use ''optimised for series s'' logo on the box ?

Xplainin

Banned
Did you even have any intention of buying a Series X though? Because your post history says no and that this is just more concern trolling.

Although I do agree that they vagueness of the logo needs to be reworked. I don't know if they already plan on it, but the very least include a list of optimizations on the back.
The concern trolling is strong with this one.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What’s everyone’s problems with Xbox’s branding? Sure I like SONY’s branding but I think when the controllers get it everyone’s hands these threads will go out the window

When I hear optimized for, I think the game has been tuned to take full advantage of the hardware. But from what I gather it seems most assets and features remain the same and it is only slight framerate resolution and texture improvements that have been added and nothing more.

Top Bottom