• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

Vestal

Gold Member
I thought I saw where this game was sold as a "looter shooter" where your abilities were more important than the gunplay. Is that correct?

If so, what class seems to lend itself to being the most ability-based and least gun-based?

Despite loving loot games, I've never really been much of a shooter fan.
Thats a good question. But honestly it depends on your play style. From my experience playing Trickster(at least in the Demo), you can balance your own approach really. You can either solely use powers with a little bit of guns here and there, or use a balanced approach(What ive been doing), of using guns to keep enemies at bay while your powers recharge, or use guns to move enemies around until you are ready to unleash the powers for maximum effect.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
The game feels a lot more polished than the demo and the performance on the series s is night and day. Locked 60 in cutscenes without the horrible shaky cam makes a huge difference. I think it also looks and sounds better and the fps barely drops in gameplay, so much better

Also about youtubers "beating" it in 6 hours lol. Even if the story is around 8-10 hour long the whole point of these games are the endgame stuff and trying out different classes and builds , farming legendaries
And most Destiny campaigns can be beaten in a mere 2 to 3 hours, and people still manage to put hundreds of hours into it.

retsof624

I’m definitely enjoying it more than I enjoyed the demo. Once you start getting upgrades and better weapons this game really opens up. The areas after the opening area are a lot better too.

The performance in the full game is a huge improvement over the demo on the XSX. Haven’t had any noticeable stutter so far.

Desless1

18:00 cet, what a strange release date. Why not at midnight like most do? I was super ready to download the nest minute... And still can't for another 18 hours. Argh

Luipadre

I’m definitely enjoying it more than I enjoyed the demo. Once you start getting upgrades and better weapons this game really opens up. The areas after the opening area are a lot better too.

The performance in the full game is a huge improvement over the demo on the XSX. Haven’t had any noticeable stutter so far.

Its pretty much locked on series s too meanwhile the demo fps tanked hard in some places

GreyHand23

Buddy of mine was streaming it this morning. Said the gameplay is fun, however the story, characters, and cutscenes are pretty forgettable. So if that stuff won't bug you, then you should have a good time.

I know he was still really irritated by the weird wobble cam that appears in cutscenes. He thought he turned it off, but apparently you can't? I believe that was in-game wobble.

There’s no way to stop the wobble altogether, however if you turn cinematic camera to its max setting that reduces it a significant amount.

Allforce

This game pretty kid friendly? Like are they yelling FUCK every few seconds or is it pretty chill?

Thinking about getting this to co-op with my 10 year old. He likes stuff like EDF to play with me.

Allforce

You're worried about "fuck", but not people being dismembered or exploding into a fine bloody mist?
He ain't gonna do those things to anyone but he will yell out FUCK if he hears it enough lol.

I literally have read nothing about this game but the OP. Just trying to find something fun to play with him cause I'm sick of getting asked to play Goat Simulator every night.

Vestal

Gold Member
Yup looks like someone fucked up over at MS.. I am sure Phil is pretty pissed at this right now.. Its not a good look for the first "major" third party game released on GP day 1 to not be available at the advertised time.

ManaByte

Yup looks like someone fucked up over at MS.. I am sure Phil is pretty pissed at this right now.. Its not a good look for the first "major" third party game released on GP day 1 to not be available at the advertised time.
It’s up now. Installing it.

Kagey K

Banned
Got up to lvl 10 world 6 as a Pyro. Game is pretty fun so far, I was questioning it while I was playing solo, but once a friend joined it was much better.

Some of that could be due to unlocking more skills and mods.

Looking forward to checking our more tomorrow.

Hestar69

Games pretty so fun so far only 1 hr in (just wanted to pick my class and wait for friends to play more)

man,on the OG xbox S the load times are crazy, lol. Also ,had one crash and a cut scene freeze on me.

Other than that enjoyed my time with it so glad its on gamepass!

bender

What time is it?
tenor.gif

Soodanim

Solid OT, Cormack.

This is the first I’ve heard of this game, but it looks like good fun. If I wasn’t committed to no new games this year, it doesn’t look like SqEnix got their claws into this one much. Like the subtitle says.

Looking forward to more footage as the release rolls out and people get to grips with the game.

RobRSG

Will give it a shot. Looks to be running better than the demo on XSX.

I wonder why the fuck vsync is off for pre-rendered cutscenes.
jF2Tkwi.jpg

Last edited:

Ogbert

Yeah, I’m going to put 100s of hours into this.

Anyone else think the drop rates have been significantly nerfed? I’m not seeing much at WT6.

wArTHEIST

Neo Member
I have an update for this queued on Steam and it won't start the download.

Anybody else have this problem? Maybe it's the day 1 patch and it only downloads once the game releases?

Ichabod

Banned
Can anyone confirm if this has a southpaw control scheme? I feel like I shouldn't have to ask this in 2021, but I bought Remnant from the Ashes last year on a whim and it didn't have one.

Ogbert

Christ alive this game is incredibly difficult solo. Brings me back to Halo 2 rage levels all those years ago... Not good.
Just drop the World Tier.

This game is just about the amount of dps you can put out. It’s number driven.

Last edited:
Anybody else absolutely turned off by the story? I'm not the kind of person to skip cutscenes but story-wise, it's not good which could be ok if the pacing wasn't so painful. If Outriders pulls a Saints Row in the next game and suddenly stops taking itself so seriously I think it would be a more memorable experience. But the gameplay is fun even on solo and that's the most important thing.

This game pretty kid friendly? Like are they yelling FUCK every few seconds or is it pretty chill?

Thinking about getting this to co-op with my 10 year old. He likes stuff like EDF to play with me.

Not kid friendly one bit. They say fuck, they write fuck, gratuitous gore everywhere.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Does anyone's game stay on the signed in screen for what seems like forever on PS5? Had no problems earlier but now I'm just getting a never ending swirl 😑

Was before on Xbox. Servers seem a bit up and down at the moment. Random, infrequent disconnects etc. all seem to be normal at the moment.

Inviusx

Just did a 4 hour session with 2 buddies. 2 of us on PS5, one on Series X. Great fun, just started getting purple drops which is nice.

Only issue is crashing, had 3 crashes during this session. One was during a load to a new zone and because I was host it booted all of us which was annoying.

Also had the game hang up on the sign in screen which was also an issue with the demo but a restart fixed it.

I really wish Outriders had an ingame chat for cross party lobbies, we had to run our phones through the discord app which sucked.

So far so good though, despite the crashes we are really enjoying it.

Top Bottom