• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overall thoughts on Assassin's Creed

Overall thoughts on Assassin's Creed as a franchise

• Pretty good

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • Wasted potential

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Soulless cash grab

Votes: 22 22.9%

• Total voters

Aidah

It's been totally worthless to me for a very long time. Less than worthless now even, after the introduction of MTX. Basically garbage that I wouldn't want for free.

Last edited:

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
It's been totally worthless to me for a very long time. Less than worthless now even, after the introduction of MTX. Basically garbage that I wouldn't want for free.
I think AC has had MTX since like Black Flag, if not earlier.

Damigos

I disliked AC Revelations, as it felt like a cash grab and was too grey (technical limitations i guess on PS3/360) and i also disliked Unity for the same reason.
I liked the rest of them, but i especially like the new ones (Origins, Odyssey).
Looking forward to Valhalla

An enjoyable series until black flag, then unity was the last real ac game. Which aside from the rocky launch was good. Now it’s just trash

Last edited:

Aidah

I think AC has had MTX since like Black Flag, if not earlier.

The first one was pretty innovative for its time. Second one is much more flushed out. 3 I played all the way through and thought it was okay.

After that I got a friend who keeps buying them for me, I play a few hours then completely lose interest. Thankfully he stopped after Origins. I have a problem with Ubisoft design principles in general, not just AC in particular. "Time savers" are just trash on top.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I'm playing Odyssey at the moment since Assassin's Creed 2 tgat was the last I played and I'm really enjoying it, it also has a great graphic on PC with reshade, I would like to play Valhalla too and Unity

Butch_0451

The franchise is a mixed bag of 'good' and mostly mediocrity and none of the games reached levels of greatness. The franchise through it's timeline is basically all three of the poll options, started good then became wasted potential and it now feels like a soulless cash grab.

Woffls

The only game this isn't true of is Odyssey. Origins story is a hitlist setup, just like 2 and Brotherhood. I guess there aren't as many roofs to run on but Origins does have cities.
i dragged my way through all of Origins and remember many occasions where the level delta prevented me from assassinating someone. Usually ended in combat.

Great Hair

Banned
This guy played every Ass.Creed, he´s retarded now. Don´t be like him. Play something else, better, more nutritious for your brain. Say NO! To Ass.Creedo!

Top Bottom