• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 0 B O X B O Y S

CjLcA3-VEAAbKq8.jpg:large

That title is amazing.

The right title was chosen. Thanks, Dance Inferno!
Let's get down to business, ladies and gents. There's a lot of OP characters to bitch about.

• Genji's reflect is bullshit.
  • McCree in general is bullshit.
  • Pharah's splash damage is bullshit.
  • Reaper's DPS is bullshit.
  • Soldier's ultimate is bullshit.
  • Tracer's speed is bullshit.
  • Basition in general is bullshit.
  • Hanzo's arrow hitboxes are bullshit.
  • Junkrat's splash damage is bullshit.
  • Mei in general is bullshit.
  • Torbjorn's turret is bullshit.
  • Widowmaker's charge rate is bullshit.
  • D.va's ult is bullshit.
  • Reinhardt's shield is bullshit.
  • Roadhog's hook is bullshit.
  • Winston's sustained DPS is bullshit.
  • Zarya in general is bullshit.
  • Lucio in general is bullshit.
  • Mercy in general is buillshit.
  • Symmetra's turrets are bullshit.
  • Zenyatta's health pool is bullshit.

Did I get it all?

Klyka

Banned
I don't get why Widowmaker even exists in this game.
Or the people who got this game to play Widowmaker.

Literally 20 characters, varied, with many unique playstyles to choose from and what is Widowmaker?

"Hurr durr I am a hitscan sniper pew pew pew look at me mommy I can do headshotz"

Literally the most unfun class and mechanic in any FPS is the sniper and here we have Widowmaker as a prime example of said class.

Just saddens me really, that a hero spot is taken up by her.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
it's a bit bullshit that you can't push back Junkrat's riptire with Lucio.

Duraigo

Starting to get a hang of Reinhardt. Feels good blocking grenades that are spammed by Junkrat. Also, it feels good to pin enemies to death.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though seriously, why do people hate mei. She's bloody useless when you have a team that just runs around willy nilly instead of mostly staying at point, which is nearly all the time in pub.

They really need to limit the number of players with the same hero. A team with 5 Soldiers and 1 Lucio is complete bullshit (at least in some maps).

Gryph

Honestly this is why I hope that they release several character at once rather then one at a time.

This would be a good idea... But I'm not sure it'll happen.

The first few games will probably be a split between too many people playing the new character, and too many people playing their hard counter. It'll probably even out fast though. You'll still see a small percentage boost to plays with the new character though. They'll probably be 3-5% higher picked than the base characters while they're fresh...

Then when the next new character is released, the cycle will repeat...

Got a hot tip who the next hero will be

Man I wish. Pendles has great sneakers...

Best OT title. Stellar work.

I recently remapped Jump to R1 and R1 to O on PS4 and now I'm wallriding like a mother fucker all over the place. It's so damn useful.

Though seriously, why do people hate mei. She's bloody useless when you have a team that just runs around willy nilly instead of mostly staying at point, which is nearly all the time in pub.

People hate Mei because they either get frozen like chumps or have a bad Mei who puts up walls badly, forgot about icicles, invincibly self-heals when she's about to die, and/or ults uselessly

I love her tho

Speely

Banned
Honestly this is why I hope that they release several character at once rather then one at a time.

Same. Hopefully after we have another support, the categories will be closer to being "balanced" and they will release more heroes across a few categories at a time in the future.

Sifl

Don't worry, assuming the new character is actually a support sniper, the fact that they are a support means no one will use them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People hate Mei because they either get frozen like chumps or have a bad Mei who puts up walls badly, forgot about icicles, invincibly self-heals when she's about to die, and/or ults uselessly

I love her tho

I love playing as her too but I lose so much because I'm trying to stop the other team from advancing and all everyone does is scatter around. It's good to have one or two run to the backlines to pick them off but I can't defend it on my own. :(

Apathy

it's a bit bullshit that you can't push back Junkrat's riptire with Lucio.

between that and it's counter.

Although knowing blizzard, if their implementation for a new character is anything like it is for classes in WoW, there won't be counters for the new hero for 6 months to a year and then a patch will come in to "tone down" the hero cause they realize what the community was saying was right and the "tone down" will make it garbage tier and no one will play it.

Lol, some people been watching too much esport arena, just had a match where the opponents team had 2 mccrees. Too bad they were both just awful

But, they're a sniper. So everyone will use them.

what if you sniped heals and thats all your sniper weapon did?

They are most likely players who stick to slower characters that need to do close range damage that takes time.

I have't played much yet only a few hours and the first thing I noticed is the team that has the most players that switches up characters to counter the strength of the other team wins every time, at the moment all you need is one or two players that can read a game and you will role them as most people seem to stick with one or two characters. I'm guessing that will change as I go up in rank and set up with players that have put in a decent amount of time.

belushy

Banned
Great title.

Already thread #2.... haven't played as much as I want to because of work... hopefully I get a lot of free time soon.

Anyone keeping up with the competitive tournaments that have been going on? Any favorites?

mxgt

Banned
Carrying a game as Mercy is probably the best feeling for me in this game.

I love playing Support in games, shame there's only two good support heroes. I don't consider Symmetra support.

More support heroes pls Blizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom