• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Agree I rarely see a Mei at her full potential. Shes only a threat when the team she is on os not full of idiots.

When you get going though with a team on their shit she's so damn good. Had a payload match where the other team is camping at the final checkpoint with turrets and bastion and all I do is sit back and ice wall them as the payload advances. Team looked out for me too which is nice.

12,000 damage blocked, easy win.

*joins game*

2 widow makers and hanzo on defense

they capture point a within within 2 minutes

i just can't with randoms in this game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lets get salty. List your lvl and how many legendaries you got from boxes.

Level 37 - 2 Legendaries. Torbjorn pirate skin and legendary currency (500)

I love playing as her too but I lose so much because I'm trying to stop the other team from advancing and all everyone does is scatter around. It's good to have one or two run to the backlines to pick them off but I can't defend it on my own. :(

Yeah, at that point I usually switch to Junkrat and go nuts

Well, what else are you supposed to do with the ability, what am I missing here?

I mean it's annoying if you're trying to kill her, not that it's bad Mei play

What the hell at all these Lucios? This the first time I've ever seen so many people put so much time into the healer.

Although I guess he is tied for best character in the game with McCree

Level 37 - 2 Legendaries. Torbjorn pirate ski and legendary currency (500)

17 - Commando 76, Devi Symettra, Junkrat D.Va and Rainmaker Pharah.

I've also bought like 30 crates and got Gambler McCree, Mariachi Reaper, Imp Mercy and plenty of purples

Speely

Banned
Lucio > D.Va > Genji for me. I'll break out a Winston or Reinhardt if the group needs it, but those three are my shit.

vypek

*joins game*

2 widow makers and hanzo on defense

i just can't with randoms in this game

Something like this is a throwaway game for me and I'll gladly pick someone who I don't use normally so I can get a little practice or screw around. If we're going to lose then I don't want to try seriously

Sifl

What the hell at all these Lucios? This the first time I've ever seen so many people put so much time into the healer.

Simple, I wanna win and someone has to do the healing. If no one else wants to then I will.

Two Words

Just team up with people from GAF here, it is way more fun this way.
It is hard with randoms.

I've added a few, but you know how it is. Sometimes you just wanna hop into a quick game. There isn't even acknowledgement of any kind from most randoms though. It's very much a "lol what, you're trying to communicate. You're weird" vibe.

Wanderer5

I've had good luck inside the garage / saloon / hallways on that map. Also popping a few on the payload when you have a second is always a good choice. It's not the best map for her though, so much open space... I usually just cover anywhere with a health pack...

The first choke point with the two pillars near the gas station, 3 each side that they attackers cant see. Easy 20 kills.

Ah I keep in mind about the two pillars.

Most of the action ended up being where the payload was stalled right on the side of that gas station and billboard, before it hits the first checkpoint. I just threw some turrets around the corner and on the side of the billboard lol. Thankfully it ended with a victory for us.

But yeah lots of open space in that map.

17 - Commando 76, Devi Symettra, Junkrat D.Va and Rainmaker Pharah.

I've also bought like 30 crates and got Gambler McCree, Mariachi Reaper, Imp Mercy and plenty of purples

Lucio's more versatile than McCree, pretty much necessary if you want to get things done (especially in pugs)

Over 24 hours in.

Favorites:
Tracer: I'm becoming really good (see: annoying) with her.
Pharah: Just plain fun. Becoming more accurate.
Hanzo: Pulling off headshots is so fun.
Junkrat: Really good zone denial. The mine is a very underrated weapon.
Roadhog: When it's rolling, it's really good. Otherwise it can suck.
Lucio/Mercy: Obvious reasons.

Alright OT2 - Whats your most played character so far

Reaper
Hanzo

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I didn't know there was a Torbjorn comic, that one was pretty nice.

I've added a few, but you know how it is. Sometimes you just wanna hop into a quick game. There isn't even acknowledgement of any kind from most randoms though. It's very much a "lol what, you're trying to communicate. You're weird" vibe.

I agree on that lol, I just quit playing with randoms, but for a quick play you're right this way you have to bare with randoms.
Most don't even use team chat, that is even more baffling.

How do I find the GAF PC user ID list? I have a solid grp of rl friends to play with but those games where I go solo are hell on earth.

Answered my own question in the last thread, you can damage boost some ults as Mercy. Exclusions include Tracer, Mei, D.va and Junkrat.

For what it's worth, the damage boost is 30%. Discord orb gives 50%.

How does damage boost work with Torbjorn? I guess you boost his gun but not his turrets right? I never know if I should damage boost him or not...

Rize_21

Level 32 or (33?)

Got : Pharah Thunderbird, Mei Firefighter/Yeti, Zarya Cybergoth, bought D.Va's Mad Max Mecha with currency, currently have 1010G, a lot of alt colors(like that gold Mercy) and most of my loot boxes are filled with gold.

TheFatMan

I didn't say this in the first OT, but thanks Dance for putting this together. One of the more helpful and entertaining OT's I've seen on GAF in a long time.

Bravo sir.

Alright OT2 - Whats your most played character so far

Reaper

Mercy.

Y7vZIMa.gif

^ artist's rendition of me in most of my games with her

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Level 32 or (33?)

Got : Pharah Thunderbird, Mei Firefighter/Yeti, Zarya Cybergoth, bought D.Va's Mad Max Mecha with currency, currently have 1010G, a lot of alt colors(like that gold Mercy) and most of my loot boxes are filled with gold.
Lv 22, 5 legendaries (one of which is the legendary currency).>:D

I regret having asked, I hate you both

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Level 17, one legendary from a pack of 5 I bought
Zarya's cybergoth skin :(

No epics

Frimaire

Level 39 I think.
I've got 2 legendary skins so far, Comtesse for Widowmaker and Lionhardt for Reinhardt.
Some people in here are so lucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom