• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryph

What the hell is this?

That's Pendles! He's a cold blooded assassin, and member of the Rogues faction. As a melee stealth character he's useful for disrupting an opponents Marquis or Thorn, and for stealth killing a healer like Miko or Alani, and helping to shake control on an incursion map.

He'll be out in a couple of months.

Carrying a game as Mercy is probably the best feeling for me in this game.

I love playing Support in games, shame there's only two good support heroes. I don't consider Symmetra support.

More support heroes pls Blizz.
Yeah not sure why she is support when she literally does exactly the same thing as torbjorn who is in defense.

Maximo

In light of the title I wonder how much content we are actually going to get, people are happy for others for buying the loot boxes because it will fuel future content. But Blizzard hasn't really given any plans or hints at all about how much or support after the games release simply *We won't charge for maps or heroes*

Speely

Banned
Carrying a game as Mercy is probably the best feeling for me in this game.

I love playing Support in games, shame there's only two good support heroes. I don't consider Symmetra support.

More support heroes pls Blizz.

I would like to see a melee support hero of some kind. Think Zenyatta but little to no ranged damage, with some support and anti-flanking tools.

Messi

I am getting quite angry. What is the best way to counter 3 torbjorn turrets at different heights on the doorway right at the first choke point in hanamura. I ran into it 4 times tonight and each time we didn't make a single bit of progression.

Sifl

Yeah not sure why she is support when she literally does exactly the same thing as torbjorn who is in defense.
Probably just because of her shielding+teleport. If the enemy team is completely oblivious about the teleporter and you place it near an objective, it's almost as good as actual healing.

I think we got to know it a bit too well.
You and I did for sure.

TOTALLY UNRELATED, here's the Wall of Shame)
;)

h9K0vUW.png

EDIT: beaten, dammit. Oh well, now my shame can be double.

Overwatch is really fun, but I kinda wish it had a Capture the Flag mode. Or some other mode that wasn't a variation of Control Points or Payload.

Gryph

I am getting quite angry. What is the best way to counter 3 turrets at different heights on the doorway right at the first choke point in hanamura. I ran into it 4 times tonight and each time we didn't make a single bit of progression.

Pharah, Junkrat, Widowmaker behind a Reinhardt shield, Genji if you can get him in to the back of the point by distracting the defenders, a better than average Tracer...

Just played a game where Genji and I (Mercy) were the only ones to even touch the point on Hanamura. :( Roadhog kept missing his hooks and the Soldier and McCree wouldn't push past the gate.

Wanderer5

Lol if no one else chooses, I just end up checking out Symmetra for defense teams and king of the hill today. She clicked for me.XD Her teleporter can be so awesome if put in a good spot.

Had a hard time finding good spots for turrets in route 66 through.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pharah, Junkrat, Widowmaker behind a Reinhardt shield, Genji if you can get him in to the back of the point by distracting the defenders, a better then average Tracer...

D.Va destroys turrets btw, she just flies to them and tanks the dmg via the armor

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I am getting quite angry. What is the best way to counter 3 torbjorn turrets at different heights on the doorway right at the first choke point in hanamura. I ran into it 4 times tonight and each time we didn't make a single bit of progression.

Genji, widow, junkrat, D.va and tracer both hunting them down and then also destroying them with their ult.

Thing is you can't forget to get rid of that dwarf too.

Mei can block their LoS for people to advance on them.

R0ckman

Though seriously, why do people hate mei. She's bloody useless when you have a team that just runs around willy nilly instead of mostly staying at point, which is nearly all the time in pub.

Agree I rarely see a Mei at her full potential. Shes only a threat when the team she is on os not full of idiots.

Gryph

Lol if no one else chooses, I just end up checking out Symmetra for defense teams and king of the hill today. Her teleporter can be so awesome if put in a good spot.

I've had good luck inside the garage / saloon / hallways on that map. Also popping a few on the payload when you have a second is always a good choice. It's not the best map for her though, so much open space... I usually just cover anywhere with a health pack...

D.Va destroys turrets btw, she just flies to them and tanks the dmg via the armor

I love D.VA for turrets, but three of them are going to chew her up fast... Although if you can build your ultimate up, boosting her self-destruct over the wall to drop it on them would be a good choice.

Messi

Lol if no one else chooses, I just end up checking out Symmetra for defense teams and king of the hill today. She clicked for me.XD Her teleporter can be so awesome if put in a good spot.

The first choke point with the two pillars near the gas station, 3 each side that they attackers cant see. Easy 20 kills.

Zemm

Overwatch is really fun, but I kinda wish it had a Capture the Flag mode. Or some other mode that wasn't a variation of Control Points or Payload.

Oh god, it would be terrible with both teams having turrets and Bastion defending, CTF is not a mode I want for this game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think Tor passed Zarya again for me today as I barely played her with EU gaf. The real news is Hanzo shooting up to 4th most played x_x

Rhaknar bought 348 loot boxes? A hero among us.

0 boxes. Now thats the REALEST of walls of shame

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You and I did for sure.

TOTALLY UNRELATED, here's the Wall of Shame)
;)

h9K0vUW.png

EDIT: beaten, dammit. Oh well, now my shame can be double.

Tec is on the wall of shame for literally every thread.

get a life and drink more red bull.jpg

Apathy

Did you destroy it? It can be pushed back but it should still be able to catch and kill you. Someone pushed mine back and I still managed to chase and kill them

I was speeding at the time, pushed it one way, i went the other, guy missed the explosion I lived

Two Words

The team communication is so poor in this compared to early TF2 days. I feel like back then, the community was all about talking together and making strats. I play so many matches where the team just ignores everybody and half the team wants to be a sniper.

Rhaknar

I aprove of this Lucio love. He's 6th for me

The team communication is so poor in this compared to early TF2 days. I feel like back then, the community was all about talking together and making strats. I play so many matches where the team just ignores everybody and half the team wants to be a sniper.

Just team up with people from GAF here, it is way more fun this way.
It is hard with randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom