• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Such a shame you'll never see that intro for Lucio since his gun is ridiculously weak and decent players aren't foolish enough to walk close to edges when they know a Lucio is around. It's sad because played correctly he can lock down half a team on his own for an entire game - god knows I've done it with my asshole hyperactive playstyle on Hollywood defence - but that isn't classed as impressive enough for POTG.

I tried with Mei for her POTG with the wall since I won it from the boxes. Nope. D.Va. Reaper. Hanzo. All of them steal my sunshine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hit 100 wins, here's my stats with it so far. Character usage is still fairly even but the characters themselves are a lot different from my beta stats.

21iYfMs.jpg

Lucio the god. I have an 84% winrate with him so far too which is surprising since I usually use him when I'm playing solo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fatal_X_Fate? Surprised you dont main Reaper

:3

patchday

Nice 2nd thread OT already :)

Late to the party

Time to get some Overwatch in. Been doing stuff with family all weekend but luckily got tomorrow off and not making any plans lol

Pics_nao

lmfao @ the title

Really liking Zen. Didn't enjoy him too much in the beta but had a ton of fun using in in a few games just now. Now for his Djinnyatta skin

LogicStep

Well that was amazing. Just did a 6 tracer payload run and we won. The other team couldn't figure out what to do to beat us!

patchday

Hit 100 wins, here's my stats with it so far. Character usage is still fairly even but the characters themselves are a lot different from my beta stats.

21iYfMs.jpg

Lucio the god. I have an 84% winrate with him so far too which is surprising since I usually use him when I'm playing solo.

47 eliminations!?! Man I suck I'm at like 22 eliminations.

So do we know the content schedule for this game yet? All I've heard is that maps and heroes will be free and......yeah that's it.

Come on Blizzard give us some info.

21iYfMs.jpg

Console pleb everytime.

whygod

Apathy

can junkrat's rip tire fucking have 150 health, geeze, a stiff breeze kills it and it uses my whole ult meter, at least let me keep 50% like mccree

Shmuppers

So I just bought this game and am kinda overwhelmed

I think Genji looks cool but who would be a good character for a beginner to play?

don't say bastion

Zaventem

Ok i found the problem..i know i'm not crazy probably a bug override or something? Setting a specific button setting to all heroes then doing specific button changes reverts that specific hero back to the all heroes configuration, so i have to go thought each character manually... really son.

mreddie

What's wrong with maining Reaper? Too edgy for you panzies? :O

Death blossom to much for people. Can't wait for someone to be armed with a semi auto shotgun to watch people cry. Also, there doesn't seem to be anyone armed with a submachine gun, I know considering the game, there might not be a need for those weapons but would be cool to see OW take on them.

Death blossom to much for people. Can't wait for someone to be armed with a semi auto shotgun to watch people cry. Also, there doesn't seem to be anyone armed with a submachine gun, I know considering the game, there might not be a need for those weapons but would be cool to see OW take on them.
Tracer? Bastion?

Whales

Banned
can junkrat's rip tire fucking have 150 health, geeze, a stiff breeze kills it and it uses my whole ult meter, at least let me keep 50% like mccree

fuck no, that shit can wipe an entire team and you can use it from like 20km away

its also super easy to flank with it considering that shit climbs walls

I think Genji looks cool but who would be a good character for a beginner to play?

don't say bastion

Usual TF2 rules apply: Mercy and Lucio are easy to pick up. The one thing you need to know about Lucio is that you can switch between a speed boost aura and a healing aura. Just remember when to knock it into healing and you'll be doing well. Mercy's healing is active, so all you need to worry about is flying to whoever needs health and let others do the killing.

Soldier 76 is the standard "I only play Call of Duty" character and he's relatively no-frills. Pharah is basically the Soldier from TF2 with a built-in rocket jump and some nice things besides. Junkrat's sole job is to dump grenades everywhere so you don't have to worry as much about aim. etc. etc. etc.

Really, though, just pay attention to the difficulty ratings beside each hero in the selection screen. That's as good a guide as any for anyone just starting out. Later you'll realize the ratings don't actually mean much, but by then you'll have a much better idea of what you're comfortable playing and what you're not.

Yeah, on PS4 I've only had the usual PS4 mic owning suspects.

1. People who have their music playing in the background so I have to listen to it.
2. People who have broken mics that screech like dying whales all match.
3. People who are talking with their girlfriend about where to get takeout from.
4. And two-three bros who are super amped about the game and shouting advice to whichever one has the controller.

People who actually want to talk to the team? 0. No real toxicity though. I imagine ranked will have a lot of yelling from people who consider themselves "serious, pro-aspirant players" but I usually mute those guys.

Had a nobody (at least to me) game streamer called gamedojo last night night on Xbone who was chatting on and on with his viewers. And his mic was so loud I had to plug mine in so the TV didn't wake anyone else in the house up.

Someone was apparently complaining some beeps or something.so he muted everyone in the match. While continuing to blather on and on with his viewers. In the game chat.

Thanks for swamping the chat channel with your blather, asshole.

:/

I tried with Mei for her POTG with the wall since I won it from the boxes. Nope. D.Va. Reaper. Hanzo. All of them steal my sunshine.

I managed to get 2 POTGs with Mei after buying her intro where she draws the smiley face, one for an actually decent ult + icicle rampage and the other earlier today for the most embarrasing display of "yeah, I'm on PC with a controller and the deadzone is terrible". It was chucking an ult down, spraying Zarya a bit to kill her, then missing 6 icicles in a row on a close range frozen Bastion turret.

Speely

Banned

don't say bastion

In addition to previous suggestions, tanks like Reinhardt or D.Va are pretty forgiving. Genji is awesome but I would suggest getting a hang of the maps and the heroes you will be fighting a bit before diving in there. He is a bit trickier to play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom