• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Hot.

He's useful assault wise but his sound gun is weak.
I love pushing ppl over edges with the sound gun, so satisfying.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
>open loot box
>2 epics!
>emote and currency

Life is pain. There is no god.

Sifl

Everytime a team loses, if there's a Widowmaker or Hanzo on their team the loss should be negated. These randoms are getting on my nerves.

Ambient80

Excellent OT title :D

May play some tonight but my free time to play has unfortunately almost run out. Vacation last week, now I have to work all the time. Ah well.

Game is easily my GOTY so far tho.

Speely

Banned
Hey guys. What if they make a hero that temporarily silences your team in regard to what the enemy can hear? What if Sombra can do that, for example? With how much the sound design directly affects gameplay, I would not be surprised.

Would that be too much with Ults?

Hey guys. What if they make a hero that temporarily silences your team in regard to what the enemy can hear? What if Sombra can do that, for example? With how much the sound design directly affects gameplay, I would not be surprised.

Would that be too much with Ults?

It would have to her ult in that case

I said this in the previous thread but has anyone experience toxicity in matchmaking? I have seen no BMing or flaming in the 12 hours I played the game. overwatch.txt makes it sound like this game is as toxic as the average MOBA game.

Alright OT2 - Whats your most played character so far

Torbjorn (turret power!)

Very surprised he is my most played hero according to time spent. According to my official stats, both Lucio and Roadhog are tied for second most played characters, which seems right up my alley. I'm surprised Reinhardt, Tracer and Zenyatta aren't on my top 3 heros played, I love to shield push on several maps and run around with Trace. Zenyatta I use as my attacking healer and am often on fire, but I guess matches don't last as long.

Gryph

See, now we're confusing Nymeria...

The end match MVP cards give you nothing. Even if you get epic, even if you get legendary. This might change in the future, who knows, but at the moment they give no tangible bonus. They make me feel good about myself, but other than that, they're meaningless.

You get nothing, good day sir.

I said this in the previous thread but has anyone experience toxicity in matchmaking? I have seen no BMing or flaming in the 12 hours I played the game. overwatch.txt makes it sound like this game is as toxic as the average MOBA game.
So few people use mics on PS4 that I haven't.

I had one guy that kept cursing "that fucking bitch" (Tracer) but that was as bad as it has gotten.

I actually am having tons more fun with this now that I switched from primarily attack/defense heroes to tank/support. My aim is really crappy but I guess my mind for gameflow is sound. Putting in some work tonight with rein and zen.

OVDRobo

Last time I saw a D.Va kill anyone with her Ultimate.

Still a good ult since you can use it when the ejection warning is flashing when your Meka hits 0 health. It's basically a free mech regardless of if you kill someone or not if you can back up correctly. I've got a decent amount of kills by ejecting with the ult at 0 mech health, then hopping in a new mech and mowing down anyone that chased me.

I miss the days of getting team kills with the ult though, I will admit.

BrettWeir

Sooooooo, bought.

As a solo player who loves support types in MMO's, who should I play?

(I have no friends that play games QQ)

Zaventem

Jesus Christ, i'm playing on console and the settings for some specific characters will not stay for anything. Literally don't know what the issue is.

Does anyone else say "Thank you" to your team when you win Rounds in a match? I usually do, hope it makes other players feel happy.

Sooooooo, bought.

Lucio and Mercy are great healers.

What platform are you playing on? Quote the OP to see the link for the Google Doc of GAF user names for all the platforms.

I hardly ever play online shooters. The last time I played one was when Battlefield 4 first came out. Took a chance on this one because of all the high praise and I've had a blast.

Played Winston for the first time tonight and despite my initial hesitation with him I ended up having a lot of fun. Jumping over an enemy team is so much fun. It's such a great way to kill Mercy or Bastion from behind. Have not had too much luck with his special but it if nothing else its a great way to get a bunch of health and escape a bad situation.

Sooooooo, bought.

Embrace the rhythm and play Lucio. He's all about passive healing and providing his team with a speed boost. Also he's fast and can wall-ride with his roller blades, which is awesome.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
lmao just attacked hollywood with two genjis, a widow, and a hanzo and dude after the match goes "WE NEEDED A HEALER TANK AND BUILDER"

yea aight a builder on attack

if it wasn't obvious we got stomped

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does anyone else say "Thank you" to your team when you win Rounds in a match? I usually do, hope it makes other players feel happy.

Always gg at least. And in particulary good matches, I gg the other team in general chat also, in a non sarcastic way

Such a shame you'll never see that intro for Lucio since his gun is ridiculously weak and decent players aren't foolish enough to walk close to edges when they know a Lucio is around. It's sad because played correctly he can lock down half a team on his own for an entire game - god knows I've done it with my asshole hyperactive playstyle on Hollywood defence - but that isn't classed as impressive enough for POTG.

Gryph

So few people use mics on PS4 that I haven't.

I had one guy that kept cursing "that fucking bitch" (Tracer) but that was as bad as it has gotten.

Yeah, on PS4 I've only had the usual PS4 mic owning suspects.

1. People who have their music playing in the background so I have to listen to it.
2. People who have broken mics that screech like dying whales all match.
3. People who are talking with their girlfriend about where to get takeout from.
4. And two-three bros who are super amped about the game and shouting advice to whichever one has the controller.

People who actually want to talk to the team? 0. No real toxicity though. I imagine ranked will have a lot of yelling from people who consider themselves "serious, pro-aspirant players" but I usually mute those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom