• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2014

360 FIFA outselling X1 FIFA? I know there's a bigger install base and all but that is pretty weird...

Impressed that SO made it to the top.

We knew it'd be front loaded, but that really is astonishing.
Pretty much no one is buying WiiU games other than GAF members. Never seen anything like it.

The Nintendo YouTube community started a thing called #OperationPlatinum which spread to Twitter and Facebook. Basically spreading awareness of the game and getting as many people to buy it as possible. I can sort of understand their enthusiasm but isn't that Nintendo's job to raise awareness ?

A shame, I hate to see quality games nose dive like that

Absolut

Neo Member
XB1 Bomba?

Well Sweden is tier 2, so PS4 has a massive install base advantage. It still seems to sell better as well so yes, XBOX One is probably going to struggle to reach some kind of meaningful market share there.

Expect to see MCC in the charts though in a couple of weeks.

UK October’s top 20 developers (Revenue)

rgxUonth.jpg

http://www.develop-online.net/news/...rts-uk-developers-dominate-in-october/0199552

Mordor did very well.

Paganmoon

XB1 Bomba?

In it's defense, it did get officially released in Sweden in September, so the user base isn't very big right now.
But going by Webhallens ranking for last week, Sunset Overdrive did not chart in top 10, and was only on position 7 in the X1 chart (includes hardware though), behind Shadow of Mordor and Destiny, so it's not looking too good, but too early to tell, considering the recent release.

Though it should be pointed out that the X1 was readily available since early spring at retailers who imported from the UK.

Hasney

Why FH2 is listed two times with % for PS3, Vita, etc?

It's for the developer, not the game. Sumo Digital did the 360 FH2, but they've hand their hands in a lot of games.

The game displayed is just their biggest seller, I believe.

Yup shame about Bayonetta 2, I was hoping it would stay in the top 40 for it's 2nd week. Given how rare such games are and will be in the future, this and W101 are bound to become collectors items in the future when the console is dirt cheap to buy and gamers are looking to play all the great games for the system.

I'm still entirely convinced it would have done far better if they'd just released it on PS4/Xbox One. I mean I'm really glad Nintendo saved it, and it's a fantastic game, but only a fool wouldn't realise that it was NEVER a sound business decision.

Ah well. Went out with a bang I guess?

Excusing the fact you seem to think it appropriate Nintendo pay millions for games exclusive on competitors hardware, Bayonetta and W101 were green lighted well before the WiiU flopped. Back then Nintendo figured it would be a relatively easy way to win over hardcore gamers on to their hardware (the amount of butthurt shown by "fans" would have being an eye opener).

ekim

That is the general picture for XB1 outside US/UK.

Yeah... it's not doing good in Germany either... I would say it also does way worse than the 360. They should drop the price to 349€ and bundle it with Minecraft and FIFA15. The Playstation brand is stronger than ever here.

Yeah... it's not doing good in Germany either... I would say it also does way worse than the 360. They should drop the price to 349€ and bundle it with Minecraft and FIFA15. The Playstation brand is stronger than ever here.

Lose even more money without results? Cause that is all it will do. The Titanfall bundle was 399 still it didn't sell Microsoft has given up, because they know its a lost cause. They are focusing everything on the US and to some extend the UK.

It never ceases to amaze me, that Minecraft charts high in multiple countries, always. No matter what month, it just lives on the top half of the charts.

Xater

Bite your tongue, bite it I say!

It's not like I am happy about it, I'm just realistic. This game barely made it to market and it looks like it bombed horribly. I doubt even Nintendo would fund another one. Sucks because the character action game is kinda done now. What is there left that is still active? Maybe we get another God of War or Metal Gear Rising if we are lucky.

test_account

XP-39C²
It's not like I am happy about it, I'm just realistic. This game barely made it to market and it looks like it bombed horribly. I doubt even Nintendo would fund another one. Sucks because the character action game is kinda done now. What is there left that is still active? Maybe we get another God of War or Metal Gear Rising if we are lucky.
A new God Of War game is pretty much guaranteed, in my opinion.

ekim

Lose even more money without results? Cause that is all it will do. The Titanfall bundle was 399 still it didn't sell Microsoft has given up, because they know its a lost cause. They are focusing everything on the US and to some extend the UK.

They should hire a better marketing team for Germany. The TV Spots are the same as in the US and abysmal dubbed here. (in addition to being badly encoded for the PAL video standard)

They should hire a better marketing team for Germany. The TV Spots are the same as in the US and abysmal dubbed here. (in addition to being badly encoded for the PAL video standard)

Didn't MS already lay off part of their European marketing team for Xbox Europe?

I say there is hope if the fanbase is more supportive of new games that come out whatever the platform. If another game doesn't show up for another 2-3 years it might act as a reality check.

A new God Of War game is pretty much guaranteed, in my opinion.

They make money; even the "bad" one sold several million. But I think as a narrative vehicle the series may be running a little dry, so I hope we start getting only one per system cycle. Make it a big event and show off the new tech, make some coin and then move on to new projects for another cycle. Just my opinion, of course^^

JNA

Banned
We knew it'd be front loaded, but that really is astonishing.
Pretty much no one is buying WiiU games other than GAF members. Never seen anything like it.

It's not surprising. The only people actually like games like Bayonetta are as you said, GAF/some people on gaming message boards. It's also the same reason most (except for Metal Gear Rising) Platinum games are failures sales wise.

It's a shame because I can't wait to get Bayonetta 2 when I can but even if like 90% of GAF were to buy the game, it would still be a huge failure sales wise.

This time we can't even blame it on the publishers. Nintendo actually advertised this game pretty well. Sadly however, it still bombed.

Top Bottom