• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 44, 2014

we can't really track how Bayonetta 2 does in France after week 1 considering how small their charts are, huh

oh well there's Germany in 2 days at least

They make money; even the "bad" one sold several million. But I think as a narrative vehicle the series may be running a little dry, so I hope we start getting only one per system cycle. Make it a big event and show off the new tech, make some coin and then move on to new projects for another cycle. Just my opinion, of course^^

Why do you think Barlog is back at ssm. They are gonna reboot that franchise or take it a different direction.

How is SO versus expectations?

I would give GOTY up to this point. Was hoping for #1

On Major Nelsons podcast Phil Spencer said sales look "really good" then I think he said later they were "great" or something.

Whatever he had in mind for it, it seems to be doing pretty well

Edit: Great to see FH2 holding its position, thats very encouraging, why is The Evil Within above the PS4 version on XB1 though? Weird.

I love it when Bayonetta 2 was high in the charts nobody replied but now as soon as it falls out loads of replies and Nintendo blaming.

Speaking of which it is at number 36 in individual formats value (that is price * units) and a similar position in all formats full price so might well be in a top 50 individual formats (units) were such a thing to exist*, though I wonder it is there because of GAME and Nintendo UK found a few more copies of First print edition

*-The 3DS is worthy of a top 50...

Xater

I love it when Bayonetta 2 was high in the charts nobody replied but now as soon as it falls out loads of replies and Nintendo blaming.

Speaking of which it is at number 36 in individual formats value (that is price * units) and a similar position in all formats full price so might well be in a top 50 individual formats (units) were such a thing to exist*, though I wonder it is there because of GAME and Nintendo UK found a few more copies of First print edition

*-The 3DS is worthy of a top 50...

Wrong there were lots of people celebrating the place last week. I told everyone that it's probably a really small number and that's its going to drop like a rock.

sörine

Banned
Japan (´・ω・`)

Has there been any Japanese retail games released on PS4/XBO in the west besides The Evil Within and the MGS demo?
At retail so far:

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (Koei Tecmo)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix)
Knack (SCE)
Natural Doctrine (NIS)
Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo)
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (Koei Tecmo)

panda-zebra

Heh, Tomodachi Life rising slightly again. Such a strange sales performance for that game. Impressive that it's hung around this long.

It hasn't done so without reason and expense - it was still heavily advertised on most kids' TV channels until around last week sometime. That has since taken a back seat to the ps4/minecraft ads constantly seen in ad breaks there more recently.

Edit: yeah, the only input I have in these threads depends heavily on the amount of shite tv my son subjects me to before and after returning from pre-school...

dolemite

Should be in that range yeah.
Would have thought it breaks 100k with the bundle.

100k units for the UK market is quite an achievement. Out of this year's XBone titles, only Titanfall, Watch Dogs, Destiny, and FIFA15 crossed that barrier. Sunset Overdrive is not quite at that level.

what's so funny
Drive club > forza lol

I don´t even know.

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 01 November 2014

01 (01) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 77,627 / 1,663,170 (+6%)
02 (NE) SUNSET OVERDRIVE (MICROSOFT)
03 (02) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (03) THE EVIL WITHIN (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
05 (NE) WWE 2K15 (TAKE 2)
06 (04) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (08) FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
08 (05) MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
09 (10) SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (12) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)

DrWong

France Week 43:

1 - FIFA 15 PS3 - Electronic Arts
2 - FIFA 15 PS4 - Electronic Arts
3 - Super Smash Bros. 3DS - Nintendo
4 - Bayonetta 1 + 2 Edition Spéciale Wii U - Nintendo
5 - Just Dance 2015 Wii - Ubisoft

Eh... a bunch of games have managed to pip FIFA for the top spot in years past, around this time besides those franchises. I only looked at a couple of years charts but you have Arkham Origins, Lego Marvel, Medal of Honor, Hitman Absolution.

As for highest charting Insomniac games, I would have thought their Ratchet franchise would have had to have done well during the PS2 days to reach the numbers it has. EDIT: Just had a look, apparently the UK did not care for those games at all, really low starts.

I was wrong to suggest that only those franchises I listed can dethrone FIFA, but you did prove my point that it takes a relatively popular and well established IP to dethrone FIFA during this time of the year.

How Abomination did it is one of those freak unexplainable occurrences.

Resistance got number one, launch week title though.

R1 hit the number one spot? Well damn, I must have missed that one.

I'm thinking top spots the next weeks

CoD week 45
AC week 46
GTA V week 47
? week 48

Week 48 will probably be GTA5 again with FIFA or CoD taking the spot back week 50.

I thought it was towards christmas that fifa comes back for the number 1 spot.

It's usually a back and forth throughout the months leading up to Christmas.

SonyToo!™;137131471 said:
Yup shame about Bayonetta 2, I was hoping it would stay in the top 40 for it's 2nd week. Given how rare such games are and will be in the future, this and W101 are bound to become collectors items in the future when the console is dirt cheap to buy and gamers are looking to play all the great games for the system.

Excusing the fact you seem to think it appropriate Nintendo pay millions for games exclusive on competitors hardware, Bayonetta and W101 were green lighted well before the WiiU flopped. Back then Nintendo figured it would be a relatively easy way to win over hardcore gamers on to their hardware (the amount of butthurt shown by "fans" would have being an eye opener).

I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that ironically, the game probably would have been more successful if SEGA had just gone through with it in the first place on PS3/360 instead of canning it.

Please do point to where I said Nintendo should have footed the bill for SKU's for competing platforms.

They didn't win over hardcore gamers at all because the game sold like shit and the Wii U continues to flail like a fish out of water. All it did was win them brownie points with a small niche sector of the hardcore audience and even then, given the way the games sold, it's not really convinced many of them to jump aboard either.

Thinking Bayonetta 2 would be an easy way to win over hardcore gamers is just ridiculous in my opinion. And I say that as someone who loves both games to bits.Just absurd.

Where's the salt in this thread?

Seems rather sweet to me, everyone being happy go lucky. Much worse out there. Keep it up everyone.

oh not much here, but everywhere else on GAF whenever the topic of UK sales is brought up it's always "god they have the worst taste ever"

Xater

oh not much here, but everywhere else on GAF whenever the topic of UK sales is brought up it's always "god they have the worst taste ever"

It's actually for the most part not that different from the rest of Europe. Generally Nintendo just performs worse there compared to Germany for example.

sörine

Banned
I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that ironically, the game probably would have been more successful if SEGA had just gone through with it in the first place on PS3/360 instead of canning it.
More successful probably but an overall success is questionable. If it wasn't the game wouldn't have been canned.

I feel like people look at Bayo 1's big (over)shipment figure and just assume it was a success. It wasn't, western sellthrough was pitifully low and Sega gave the game full AAA advertising and promotion. They were probably looking for DMC numbers, they shipped about half that and they actually sold far less even.

Cosmozone

Regarding Bayo 2, they really should have shipped more special editions and less normal editions, at least outside UK where Xbox is less widespread and people were not likely to buy the bad PS3 port.

Edit: Found my copy of the special edition in only one of three shops I checked.
In stock when I bought it: 4x Special Edition, around 25x Normal Edition.
Checked the same shop way later: Sold Special Editions: 4, sold Normal Editions: 0
Or at least it looked like that.

BKK

As for highest charting Insomniac games, I would have thought their Ratchet franchise would have had to have done well during the PS2 days to reach the numbers it has. EDIT: Just had a look, apparently the UK did not care for those games at all, really low starts.

Well it's targeted at kids, they don't do big numbers day one, but regularly sold 100K+ LTD.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just to give you an idea of XBone's situation over here, FIFA 15 Legacy Ed. sold almost 50% more than FIFA 15 X1 and Bayonetta 2 sold more than TEW X360 and X1 combined.
Can't link you to an official source for this, so it's up to you if you want to believe that or not.
Either way, the charts give a pretty clear picture.

_____

Italy - Week 43

Fifa 15 PS3
Electronic Arts
Fifa 15 PS4
Electronic Arts
Fifa 15 X-Box 360
Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2015 Wii
Ubisoft
Bayonetta 1 + 2 Special Edition Wii U
Nintendo
The Evil Within PS4
Bethesda Soft
Minecraft PS3
Sony
The Last of Us Remastered PS4
Sony
Fifa 15 Wii
Electronic Arts
Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack Wii
Activision Blizzard

Seems a pretty great result by SO, although I think at best we have a wide gambit for the estimate of actual sales. Still seems good though

FH2 holding well too.

And lol at Farming Simulator charting. When did the UK become Germany?

Guymelef

Just to give you an idea of XBone's situation over here, FIFA 15 Legacy Ed. sold almost 50% more than FIFA 15 X1 and Bayonetta 2 sold more than TEW X360 and X1 combined.
Can't link you to an official source for this, so it's up to you if you want to believe that or not.
Either way, the charts give a pretty clear picture.

_____

And they only reduced the price in US..., next XB should be NA and UK exclusive.

Xando

And they only reduced the price in US..., next XB should be NA and UK exclusive.

I wonder when retailers will start doing pricedrops on their own ( You can get XB1 + Fifa for 360€ here in Germany ).
Want to buy a SO bundle but i feel like after christmas Media Markt and co. will do a pricedrop to 299€.

Top Bottom