• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist

Banned
big ander said:
And all I see is an idiot making up false accusatory and insulting arguments and posting shitty gifs because he's doing his best to not embarrass himself on the internet by outright crying and whining. Unfortunately, he's failing.

I'm not an upset Lost fan. Stop acting like everyone who doesn't call it the best show ever is Erigu.
Friday Night Lights is a wannabe Lost? Hahaha.
Fringe is sci-fi. It's not a wannabe Lost. Suggesting that any sci-fi show is a wannabe Lost only shows small-mindedness and pure unadulterated irrational fanboy rage.

Stop being childish.
All of FNL's foamy emotional drama is of lower quality than the emotional drama in one episode of Lost. All I see is a retard disagreeing with thekad, thekad is right.

Lets move on. Anything from here, feel free to PM me.

ivysaur12

Banned
rezuth said:
Thought the second episode was pretty ace, I'll keep watching for sure. Anyone heard any numbers?

2.7 in its second night with a shitty lead-in. Meh for CBS, but not bad considering how terrible all drama has been this year.

Also, this episode was considerably better than the pilot. The story of the week was much stronger, though I think it still needs to do better at making the crimes of the week more poignant, or at least more related to the soul of the characters. The touch of mythology history also helped.

Ripclawe

Banned
Final national broadcast primetime ratings for Thursday, September 29, 2011:
9:00PM

ABC Grey's Anatomy 3.6 9 10.20

NBC The Office 3.5 9 6.70

CBS Person Of Interest 2.7 7 12.51

CW The Secret Circle 1.0 2 2.12

Its beating out Grey's and tops in its hour in the overall demo. Doubt its in danger

Ripclawe

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
No, it's losing to Grey's. By an almost complete demo point.
meant to say overall ratings but I can see CBS has to do something about the lead in because it dragged down both Person and MEntalist.

snoopen

i watched the first ep a few days ago and really liked it, had a bit of a 24 vibe to it.. will catch the 2nd ep soon. how did it compare? i agree the first was some rather dull / cardboard acting but i think the premise is original.

artist

Banned
snoopen said:
i watched the first ep a few days ago and really liked it, had a bit of a 24 vibe to it.. will catch the 2nd ep soon. how did it compare? i agree the first was some rather dull / cardboard acting but i think the premise is original.
Second ep is much better. If you liked the 1st one, you'll love the 2nd.

Xater

Interesting to read that some people think the second episode did better. I still can't bring myself to watch it. Sounds like it continues to be a CBS procedural. I really have not interest in that.

Sloane

Banned
Xater said:
Interesting to read that some people think the second episode did better. I still can't bring myself to watch it. Sounds like it continues to be a CBS procedural. I really have not interest in that.
Yeah, it's not a typical CBS procedural. It's Jesus kicking ass -- and he has Ben Linus as his sidekick. What else do you need to know?

garath

First I've jumped in this thread. I watched the pilot last week and was immediately hooked. Just watched the second episode yesterday and I'm fully engaged in the show now.

What looked like it would be a pretty heavy "pull a name, go fight bad guys, triumph" type of show every week is already showing signs of pushing an overall story ahead. There's just a hint of mystery surrounding the show (not so much as to be offputting) and it seems like they are attempting to really add some depth to the characters in the show. Hard to say for sure with just two episodes but it looks like they are concurrently revealing the history of the characters while pushing the current timeline ahead.

I really like the show. Glad to see the numbers are passable at least. Hopefully it sticks around long enough to really develop.

Did anybody else watch it this week? The end line was lame, but I like how they set up some sort of arc in addition to the past mythology with the episode plot.

so nobody here watched it besides the handful of posts before me?

I liked episode 3. this show keeps surprising me with its great soundtrack. the half-whisper voice of reese still annoys me. will keep watching, it entertains me.

Another good episode, I really liked it. So now we're contending with this "Elias, M." case. Will this actually be resolved or will it just be one of those open ending things? Though I guess with Finch's reaction, this will come back.

What is that female cop's name? I still haven't caught it. Reese continues to be awesome, as well as Finch. It's good to see Finch continue to actually go out and do stuff in the field to the best of his ability. Last week he tried to protect the girl, and this week he framed the cabbie and then went to the Evidence Room to warn Reese.

Lovin' this show.

Also, that fucking headbutt to the banker! Fucking cathartic.

I dont get why people call this a procedural. While there is the typical enemy of the week structure, but it seems to have a far more overarching story than shows like CSI or comparable procedurals where the status quo is regained in the end of the episode. This seems to have an ongoing narrative which problems are reflected in the weekly cases, similar to what fringe is doing.

Really liked the ending of tonight's episode. Interesting that they ended the episode so openly, without us knowing what Andrew or Reese decided. But I liked both of Reese's conversations with Megan (the doc) and Andrew (the rapist).

Funny that Fusco's around essentially to constantly fuck up Carter's investigation. Annoyed that he tried to sell out Reese, but hopefully that's over now and we can get a little bit of trust here.

Still don't know exactly what caused Finch's injury, but I hope we get answers soon.

I really liked how they left the ending open-ended. The final scene with Batman staring down the rapist...man, Jim Caviezel was a great choice for this character. I'm really liking this show.

Ratings-wise, it's doing decently. It only got a 2.7 in the 18-49 demo (compared to a 3.7 lead-in from BBT) but it retained nearly all the total viewers (~12 million). I think CBS would be happy enough with that to at least keep it around for the full season.

ivysaur12

Banned
Incendiary said:
I really liked how they left the ending open-ended. The final scene with Batman staring down the rapist...man, Jim Caviezel was a great choice for this character. I'm really liking this show.

Ratings-wise, it's doing decently. It only got a 2.7 in the 18-49 demo (compared to a 3.7 lead-in from BBT) but it retained nearly all the total viewers (~12 million). I think CBS would be happy enough with that to at least keep it around for the full season.

It's not retaining them then - it's getting a new set of viewers, which means there's little compatibility with TBBT and PoI.

ivysaur12 said:
It's not retaining them then - it's getting a new set of viewers, which means there's little compatibility with TBBT and PoI.

Ah, sorry. Bad use of verbiage on my part. Considering it's keeping the same amount of total viewers, though, just losing in the 18-49 demographic, what would be the most likely scenario? Move it to 10 PM behind another drama or maybe to Fridays, and try for another show that would retain the BBT's demo ratings?

Incendiary said:
Ah, sorry. Bad use of verbiage on my part. Considering it's keeping the same amount of total viewers, though, just losing in the 18-49 demographic, what would be the most likely scenario? Move it to 10 PM behind another drama or maybe to Fridays, and try for another show that would retain the BBT's demo ratings?

To the Death Slot? No thanks.

I think Mentalist and Person of Interest are a good combo together.

Zalasta

I love how they left the episode open-ended. Since it's ultimately up to the individual viewer to decide what Reese did with Benton. Really solid acting, the last scene and those with Reese/Megan were really good. Didn't care for how he took care of the cartel and Fusco, but setting him up with Carter was a brilliant move. Much better than last week.

tirminyl

I'm liking this show and the little mystery with Finch. Loved how he was just a little programmer at the company he owns with none the wiser. Definitely liked the ending with this latest episode. I'm drawn in now.

Piecake

decent show, but am I the only one who thinks that Jim Caviezel is a terrible actor? He's like a freakin wooden statue out there

tirminyl

Gonaria said:
decent show, but am I the only one who thinks that Jim Caviezel is a terrible actor? He's like a freakin wooden statue out there

Actually, I think it kind of works. For me at least, in this latest episode, you get a smidge of emotion out of him during his flashback and the final scene.

Akia said:
another great episode

he's like batman without a costume

Spot on. It has a lot of similarities with the Nolan-verse Batman. Hell, I'm thinking Detective Carter might even end up as Reece's Gordon (and Fusco is his Flass).

Zalasta

Gonaria said:

I would agree that he doesn't have much range, but I think it fits for this character. Brooding with a dark sense of humor. Will have to see if the acting develops later on or if he sticks with the same delivery.

Dave Long

Banned
Last week's final scene was fantastic. It kept building and building until you were left with your own decision on where it ended. Very cool.

Another good episode. That whole running gag with the guy(s) in the trunk was fucking hilarious. Good to see Finch and Reese getting a bit closer at the end.

Anyone count the amount of leg shots in this episode? Also, was that the Observer from Fringe as the Russian main bad guy?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really like this show. Sure, it's formulaic, but Jesus is pretty good as the deep broody bad ass.

I'm assuming the more interesting parts of the show will come when he comes to a head with the police and has to basically start potentially hurting "innocents".

tirminyl

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Another good episode. That whole running gag with the guy(s) in the trunk was fucking hilarious. Good to see Finch and Reese getting a bit closer at the end.

Anyone count the amount of leg shots in this episode? Also, was that the Observer from Fringe as the Russian main bad guy?

Good episode. Yeah, it was a bit freaky to see an observer in there.

I'm really digging this show. It's probably my favorite of this season.

Caviezel is fantastic and the interplay between him and Emerson is great.

Ratings are apparently slightly lower than predicted but still good enough for 22 episodes ar least. Now the show has enough time for building a great overarching plot

Zalasta

I think it'd be cool if the people they helped return in later episodes to give them a hand. Curious when they're going to reveal more about Finch's backstory.

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Spot on. It has a lot of similarities with the Nolan-verse Batman. Hell, I'm thinking Detective Carter might even end up as Reece's Gordon (and Fusco is his Flass).

Not to mention, Finch as his Oracle...he even walks with a limp. This is basically a Batman show. Which is awesome. It's not perfect but it feels more and more like Batman with each passing episode.

The overall premise needs another look, though. They've improved it with the opening narration, but it's still kinda...off.

Zalasta

ivysaur12 said:
How's it been doing? I've only caught two episodes of it so far.

I thought episode 3 was weak, but everything since have hit all the right buttons with me. Finch's backstory have been put on the back burner, but the interaction between the leads were spot on. I think most will agree the ending to 4 was probably one of the ballsiest and most compelling scenes seen on TV (I'd go as far to say that if you're not in by then, it is probably not the show for you). PoI is not perfect, but I'm thoroughly entertained so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom