• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

The Eye network eyed another high courtesy of Person of Interest, which hit new series bests in both total audience (with 15 million viewers, up 4 percent) and in the demo (up a tenth to 3.3).
Good News.

Combine

Banned
The episode was sweet. I definitely enjoyed the hacking aspect of things and felt it worked so much better than most shows where it's "OMG they hacking my internets!". Definitely enjoying that they're bringing back previous POI's as well as creating recurring villains too.

Slime

Banned
So does this show have any sort of cool over-arching plot or is it just Jesus doing stuff for Ben? I watched a few minutes of it and it seemed kind of good but super formulaic, procedural-type CBS shows drive me kind of nuts.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Might be me, but it's like there are now female counterparts to Finch and John.

Good episode.

Every episode of this show has been god-damn fantastic.

I hope they bring back more POIs from previous episodes. The doctor that tried to kill her sister's rapist and the judge as well.

Also, I hope they get back to Elias' story soon. Dude was a boss villain.

I was waiting on the reveal that the woman that was helping Harold was the hacker, but I guess they decided to go in a different direction and have it be someone else. Another lingering overarching bad guy/girl out there for them to go against in future episodes. The show has really picked up alot of steam since the first couple of episodes.

Rokam

Every episode of this show has been god-damn fantastic.

I hope they bring back more POIs from previous episodes. The doctor that tried to kill her sister's rapist and the judge as well.

Also, I hope they get back to Elias' story soon. Dude was a boss villain.

I'm assuming they'll save Elias for sweeps. I wonder how long they'll keep Fusco and Carter in the dark about each other.

I don't know why but this made me think of something. Crazy ass theory concerning Finch's partner.
What if John was the one that killed him as some assignment, I know the chances are highly unlikely, but it'd be interesting, especially if Finch brought him in because of that.

Lonestar

I'm assuming they'll save Elias for sweeps. I wonder how long they'll keep Fusco and Carter in the dark about each other.

I don't know why but this made me think of something. Crazy ass theory concerning Finch's partner.
What if John was the one that killed him as some assignment, I know the chances are highly unlikely, but it'd be interesting, especially if Finch brought him in because of that.

I have a feeling that the background of Finch's old partner, will be the season finale.

Having the Fixer lady make a reappearance, basically foreshadows other reappearances by previous POIs.

Nobility

Banned
Loved this episode.

Glad to see that they are creating the overarching story lines for seasons to come.

Hacker battles? Oh my, yes!

Rokam

I have a feeling that the background of Finch's old partner, will be the season finale.

Having the Fixer lady make a reappearance, basically foreshadows other reappearances by previous POIs.

Most definetly, hopefully it comes with a JJ-esque twist.

RangersFan

man i've been trying to limit the amount of procedural shows I watch so I can devote more time to watching serial shows, but man this is a good one. I already watch Castle, Hawaii Five-0, Burn Notice, so when this show I was a little apprehensive of adding another one, but I simply could not pass up an Emerson Nolan production and glad I didn't. it has just the right amount of mysterious back story to our 2 leads and action to keep me watching. Emerson and Jesus are a good team.

Lonestar

Trying to think of the plot lines left up in the air, as of now

John and what happened to his Gf/wife.
John's past, including why these CIA guys were after him/trying to kill him
Who the dark haired cia(?) lady is/was
What caused John to disappear and turn into a hobo
What's Finch's background, what caused him to be so secretive (really feel something happened to him on 9/11)
Finch and his partner, did something happen between them.
What happened to the partner
What happened to the partners son, and with him coming back, does that change anything
Why does Finch have a limp, which happens sometime after they built The Machine.
Is the machine sentient, and did the machine do something against its creators to "protect itself"
Is there something more than just curiosity, that drives John to look into Finch's past.

Then there's a lot of POIs threads, Fusco and Carter, and Ellias and the evil female hacker.

Probably missing some more plot lines.

RangersFan

Trying to think of the plot lines left up in the air, as of now

John and what happened to his Gf/wife.
John's past, including why these CIA guys were after him/trying to kill him
Who the dark haired cia(?) lady is/was
What caused John to disappear and turn into a hobo
What's Finch's background, what caused him to be so secretive (really feel something happened to him on 9/11)
Finch and his partner, did something happen between them.
What happened to the partner
What happened to the partners son, and with him coming back, does that change anything
Why does Finch have a limp, which happens sometime after they built The Machine.
Is the machine sentient, and did the machine do something against its creators to "protect itself"
Is there something more than just curiosity, that drives John to look into Finch's past.

Then there's a lot of POIs threads, Fusco and Carter, and Ellias and the evil female hacker.

Probably missing some more plot lines.

if he or if he didn't kill that serial killer (i think he did)

Wiktor

if he or if he didn't kill that serial killer (i think he did)

This I hope they never explain. The fact that we don't know is what makes it so special. That's why I was glad that when Reese got shot he went to new doctor instead of seeking the help of girl from that episode.

Lonestar

This I hope they never explain. The fact that we don't know is what makes it so special. That's why I was glad that when Reese got shot he went to new doctor instead of seeking the help of girl from that episode.

I had a feeling the CIA guys would track down that doctor, from that giant pile of money would raise a red flag or something. Not sure if they'll get back to that.

Troidal

The show has been getting better and better, and definitely moreso after the winter break. The recent 3 episodes have been really good. Hope it gets renewed for season 2!

Just caught up on the last three episodes. Man, this show is so killer. Good to hear the ratings are increasing. Really digging the deepening friendship between Finch and Reese. The occasional hilarious bits are great.

Just caught up on the last three episodes. Man, this show is so killer. Good to hear the ratings are increasing. Really digging the deepening friendship between Finch and Reese. The occasional hilarious bits are great.

I love how they care for each other but finch is still super mysterious for reese.

Lonestar

Crap, realize that my tv cut off the side of the screen. What did the machine type out when it moved Reese to Condition Red.

Gila

Had to watch on a small tv, what'd the machine say at the end of the episode?

Crap, realize that my tv cut off the side of the screen. What did the machine type out when it moved Reese to Condition Red.

System Administrator
Security Breached
Evaluating Options

Mitigate
Subvert
Monitor (This was blinking on/off)

xIfNt.jpg

God I really fucking hope this show gets renewed.

RangersFan

so does this mean the machine is now monitoring reese because of the info he dug up on harold?

also did anyone think of bf3 when reese pulled out the shotty with IR scope lol

You can say what you want, but this show hasnt had a bad episode. I repeat myself every week, but this is so good. this wasnt even one of the best episodes, but it still managed to throw in some nice backstory bones. love it.

Nobility

Banned
The show that just keeps on giving. I thought this episode was alright but didn't really have the intrigue I was expecting besides Finch's plot but that ending made up for it.

I would assume it's the system recognizing that Reese is getting closer to the genesis of the system which would be determined as an obvious threat...

Or maybe (regardless of what Finch thinks), Root found a way in...

I demand CBS to renew this show, now!

tirminyl

You can say what you want, but this show hasnt had a bad episode. I repeat myself every week, but this is so good. this wasnt even one of the best episodes, but it still managed to throw in some nice backstory bones. love it.

You know, I have to agree with you. I can't remember ever thinking that an episode was bad.

Gila

Whats HR? Human Resources? Why is that a bad thing for Fusco to be in now? Is it like a corrupt-cop place or something

Rokam

Whats HR? Human Resources? Why is that a bad thing for Fusco to be in now? Is it like a corrupt-cop place or something

Human resources at a police department includes internal affairs, so for the most part they're untouchable. A good place to set up shop to be evil in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom