• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer admits defeat in console space, and doesn't think great games would help Xbox's market share.

DJ12

How quickly we forget...

Fc03CVZaAAI3TYk.jpg:large
he even half arses giving a thumbs up, unlike the pro on the right.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sony is a much smaller company yet they provide considerable technical assistance to their partner studios. It pays off in a big way by bolstering their platform and building important relationships with devs that they may eventually acquire on good terms. Those existing relationships are very important, because acquisitions can easily prompt brain drain if the talent doesn’t want to work under the new big brother.
Phil in this interview said that they indeed sent engineers from Rare and Coalition Games to Arkhane to help out since they have a lot more experience with UE4. And yet the game shipped in this state anyway.

You brought up Sony's deals with their partner studios, and it is curious that both FF7 and FF16 are shipping on PS5 first even though they were announced as PS5 and PC titles. FF director came out and said they didnt bring PC into the mix because they wanted to focus on delivering a quality PS5 port first. I figured it was classic PR but he also mentioned how Sony gives them actual technical assistance with these exclusives. So maybe he wasn't just parroting PR.

And yet here we are, MS is releasing first party games on 3 platforms knowing full well that it was in a really bad shape as early as last year when they decided to remove the 60 fps mode. (Phil said it was decided last fall) So why not delay the PC version? Halo was piecemealed with MP and SP shipping separately then coop shipping a year later. Just delay the PC version like Rockstar did with Red Dead and GTAV. Forspoken was launched on PC day one and the game was an unoptimized mess on both platforms. Just getting assistance from other devs isnt enough. They have to think about shipping quality console games first and foremost. And I say this as a PC gamer.

Last edited:
If you have access to a decent gaming PC and or don't mind only playing game pass/first party games on xCloud. Then there is no point.

Looks like the future of Xbox is third party games as a service/subscription model. I don't see them continuing to spend money making and designing consoles if they don't think people will buy them.

Honestly, it's the smartest move. They could make the money they want and try to get their published games on as many platforms as possible without the cost of hardware and then support of it. Leave the hardware R&D, manufacturing, etc, etc, to computing in other divisions of MS. It makes less and less sense every year why they have to be a console maker when other pathways are more profitable and easier to execute. They would be one of the largest publishers, can do their service, and might come out ahead in the new arena. But nah...... it's be a console maker and then give no real argument for your hardware.

Last edited:

kyussman

I'm sorry Phil but i bought a xbox one in the last gen to play Quantum Break & Sunset Overdrive and bought a PS4 Pro 5 years later to play the last of us 2 and spiderman.
Games do actually matter. There hasn't been a single game from Xbox that I have wanted since Quantum Break. The only one being HellBlade 2.

They have run the same trash lineup each year (Forza, Gears, Halo).

While Sony created brand new or (not beat to death) line of games (Last of US, Horizon, Spiderman, Days Gone, God of War, Infamous Second Son, Ghost of Tsushima)

Now there's Spiderman 2 and Wolverine coming up.

Its called having a variety of high quality diverse games to play and attract new audiences and not the same thing on repeat.
Its what gave Netflix the crown. Their original TV shows / Movies.
Imagine if Netflix stopped making new originals and just continued pumping the same old franchises for the next 11 years?

Wake the f*ck up PHIL!!!!
Yea,I bought an OG Xbox back in the day to play Halo CE because that game blew my mind.....I've not had an Xbox since then,but I would have done the same with an XSX if Halo Infinite would have had the same effect.......but that first gaemplay demo,ooffff!A really special game will always be a potential system seller for me.....I don't think I'm alone there am I?

zomboden

Banned
There is nothing compelling on Game Pass? have you ever used Game Pass?
When I got my PS5 digital last year I was surprised to see that the PS+ catalogue is actually pretty decent. You don't get day one first party games but there's still a lot of great games that make up a little backlog of sorts right off the bat.

The biggest thing for Xbox is day one first party games and third party exclusive day one games on the service. and here's my opinion on those.

1. If the first party games are gonna suck ass nobody is gonna be happy with their subscription. And also if they only release 1 game a year people will just sub for 1 month and then cancel. Essentially paying $15 to rent the game.

2. Third party deals will only get more expensive as Xbox loses marketshare. Why would you market your game on the least popular system? They will want big bucks to do this.

Banned
That certainly would be convenient for your argument lol. Kinda sound like Phil now

the 360 had more popular exclusive games as well in that generation.

the PS3's """big hits""" like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 sold less than half as many copies as Halo 3, Killzone 2 in fact less than half of Gears 1, which itself sold less than Gears 2.

I took exclusives out of the equation to make a point my guy, with exclusives it's arguably even worse.
but exclusives ultimately bring in an element of subjectiveness, which I wanted to eliminate

Withnail

Criticism aside, at this point I just hope Phil is okay mentally. I cannot imagine how he must feel after the amount of shit he has eaten in the past few weeks.

I have no doubt he’s absolutely fine. He’s been sent out to do a mea culpa interview to placate the fans, and from what I’ve seen it’s largely worked with some hardcore xbros now telling each other they never expected to have the best selling hardware anyway lol.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
dude cant take responsibility

"The last gen was the worst one to lose because everyone wants to take their digitial games with them. Big console exclusive games dont matter and dont turn the tide"

Then please explain the wiiu from the switch sir and how people literally switched platforms to get one, play it and also have amazing first party games

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Phil in this interview said that they indeed sent engineers from Rare and Coalition Games to Arkhane to help out since they have a lot more experience with UE4. And yet the game shipped in this state anyway.

You brought up Sony's deals with their partner studios, and it is curious that both FF7 and FF16 are shipping on PS5 first even though they were announced as PS5 and PC titles. FF director came out and said they didnt bring PC into the mix because they wanted to focus on delivering a quality PS5 port first. I figured it was classic PR but he also mentioned how Sony gives them actual technical assistance with these exclusives. So maybe he wasn't just parroting PR.

And yet here we are, MS is releasing first party games on 3 platforms knowing full well that it was in a really bad shape as early as last year when they decided to remove the 60 fps mode. (Phil said it was decided last fall) So why not delay the PC version? Halo was piecemealed with MP and SP shipping separately then coop shipping a year later. Just delay the PC version like Rockstar did with Red Dead and GTAV. Forspoken was launched on PC day one and the game was an unoptimized mess on both platforms. Just getting assistance from other devs isnt enough. They have to think about shipping quality console games first and foremost. And I say this as a PC gamer.
The game is solidly mid. Framerate, texture streaming and AI bugs are not this games core problem. Delaying the inevitable just burns resources, and sometimes you just have to put the damn thing out. Sad but true.

I think their strategy here should've been to put this game on the other side of a more quality release though. They needed a win here.

zomboden

Banned
dude cant take reslinsibility

"The last gen was the worst one to lose because everyone wants to take their digitial games with them. Big console exclusive games dont matter and dont turn the tide"

Then please explain the wiiu from the switch sir and how people literally switched platforms to get one, play it and also have amazing first party games
You assume that Wii users switched to Xbox/PS because they didn't like WiiU when in reality the reason why the WiiU did badly is because people kept using their original Wii and never upgraded to the WiiU.

Last edited:

Braag

If Sony one day said that you can download their storefront on PC, and your purchases for Playstation will also be accessible through it?

90% chance of me saying yes.

That's the only tether they have left that holds me to their platform. Otherwise no, I will still be tethered to Playstation and their exclusives(and third party JP exclusives) until this happens.

Again, no one is seeing it right now because the Steam Deck is on Gen 1. It's still a baby. It will grow and everyone will eventually see the future I'm seeing. Like think about it, there's a literal 4th console, that will grow to be a super-console, just sitting there in the corner of the room and everyone is ignoring it or dismissing it for now and are too busy distracted by Xbox vs Sony. It's wild stuff.
I'm sure there are people who would jump ship but I think majority wouldn't. I've been a PC gamer for almost 20 years. I have my entire digital library there.
If someone told me "hey there's this new system which gets ALL the games, you should get it" my answer would be a resounding "no". I don't feel like jumping ship at this point to a different system. I'm too used to PC gaming and I have all my friends and games here.
I did buy a PS4 to play some exclusives last gen, but instead I barely touched the damn thing and it ended up collecting dust. I could buy and play GoW Ragnarok on it but I haven't cause I didn't play the first one on my PS4 for more than couple of hours (no fault of the game).
If I end up missing out on some games, that's fine. I don't need to play everything, I barely have the time to play the games I want to play. So what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Steam deck would get a massive influx of users even if it suddenly started getting all the games. A lot of people choose a single ecosystem and stick to it.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
You assume that Wii users switched to Xbox/PS because they didn't like WiiU when in reality the reason why the WiiU did badly is because people kept using their original Wii and never upgraded to the WiiU.
No it because the games sucked, played like ass, they didnt have ANY third party content and bew third party content, it was trash. The switch no pun intended switched it up, got third party publishers on board and most important had quality games!

PaintTinJr

it says that I am correct yes.

the PS3 was behind the times, and played catch-up until the end.

No Party Chat, no party system in general meaning you had to rely on in-game menus for invites etc., no messaging system until years after launch, no Achievement system until a year after launch, slower GPU, worse Memory setup (one of the culprits that made Party Chat impossible btw.), awful controller that was also stuck in the past in terms of design, super expensive at launch, launched a year later while exhibiting worse game performance in the majority of games...
fuck, the system didn't even have a friends list until a later Firmware update...
You couldn't even download things in the background, and when they finally patched it in you had to "prepare" the background download, and after downloading you had to install the game...

the whole user experience on PS3 was abysmal and in many ways so behind the times, that it lacked features the original Xbox already had.
At launch especially the whole user experience was, in one word, isolated, when the 360 felt alive and futuristic.

so with the PS3 in that state, and Microsoft having a ton of exclusives, it still wasn't enough.
It wasn't true though. In the Microsoft Activision thread we had someone dredge up an old internal anti-trust playbook from a court case Microsoft lost where people were being paid $200/hr to paint opposition technology exactly the way Ps3 was against the 360, and PS5 at pre-release and immediately after release to XsX - prior to the discord group expose - and how AMD GPUs, etc get painted against Nvidia.

In technical terms the PS3 was miles ahead of the X360 and the first party games showed it time and time again, and all the downplaying and marketing contracts and DF consultation still lingers today in opinions like yours, but it was never on par or better hardware - the Cell BE broke new ground in many many fields of science is the obvious remaining proof.

zomboden

Banned
Lol. Sony must be smelling blood in the water at this point, especially if they have some sort of May showcase planned as rumoured.
No shot they do a May showcase. Sony loves being fresh in peoples minds, always taking the last show during past E3 times. They will wait til after the Xbox showcase... my guess is late june early july.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Welp its confirmed by the boss himself. Bought series x at launch and i guess i choose the wrong team.. if they are giving up should at least give us option to dual boot win11 on my now certified loser box.

Zero chance of a series refresh i guess too now?

You have a point, and something some of us said...if they cant even get the Series X on shelves...either they gave up on the Series X and are doing a revision along with a refresh, or they aren't doing a mid gen refresh.

Why even expect a mid gen refresh after seeing this interview?

zomboden

Banned
No it because the games sucked, played like ass, they didnt have ANY third party content and bew third party content, it was trash. The switch no pun intended switched it up, got third party publishers on board and most important had quality games!
My opinion which is based on many documentary's about the failure of consoles. I think the naming scheme and confusion about what the console was supposed to be was the reason it failed. Not power or third party support. But we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Look at Switch now... sells like crazy and it's weaker than PS4. Power and the games playing like ass doesn't matter. Didn't matter. Switch has limited 3rd party support now cause modern games are just going to get more demanding. Cloud versions maybe...?

People who want Nintendo games are always gonna buy the Nintendo console. The Switch is a nice concept and that's why its successful. Extremely popular in Asia for being portable and there's a lot of diehard Nintendo fans worldwide.

Last edited:
the 360 had more popular exclusive games as well in that generation.

the PS3's """big hits""" like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 sold less than half as many copies as Halo 3, Killzone 2 in fact less than half of Gears 1, which itself sold less than Gears 2.

I took exclusives out of the equation to make a point my guy, with exclusives it's arguably even worse.
but exclusives ultimately bring in an element of subjectiveness, which I wanted to eliminate
I am NOT arguing that the 360 wasnt kickass, im arguing that it was NOT "VASTLY SUPERIOIOR TO PS3 IN ALMOST EWVERY WAY". That is straight up fanboi mentality or perhaps you have a bad memory IDK.

This 360 was better at
- Online gaming ecosystem
- Multiplat performance
- 3rd party deals (content)
- Cheaper

Things PS3 was better at
-Free online
-Killer 1st party games
-More advanced tech
- better audio because of cell
- EVERY PS# came with a HDD (no requirement for adapter)
- EVERY PS3 had wifi (no requirement for adapter)
- EVERY PS3 had bluray player (no requierment for HDDVD adapter)
- More reliable hardware (No Red ding of death (yellow light was present but not nearly as prominnet)
- Every controller had motion controls
- PS Plus "free" games which prompted MS to offer Games with gold

It goes both ways man. They were both awesome systems which was reflected in the sales being about the same.

Even if I was to concede to your point that it was all name alone.... How the hell do you explain Sony curb stomping Nintendo with PS1, its first console ever? Ill give you a hint its a 5 letter word that rhymes with shmames'.

Sony built its legacy off the back of great 1st party content. MS started to do that with 360 then just stopped. Its on them. They need to look in the mirror and stop point the finger around. Sony doesn't do that, Nintendo doesn't do that, fuck even SEGA didn't do that.

but im the one projecting....

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

horizon-forbidden-west-aloy.gif
Thats just marketing hyperbole.

That's like that Sony guy hyping up PS3 as a 1080p/120 fps machine, when almost all games were around 720p/30.

Or the other Sony guy on stage demoing Genji saying it's an accurate historical game and the main character was battling a giant 20ft crab.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
I'm sure there are people who would jump ship but I think majority wouldn't. I've been a PC gamer for almost 20 years. I have my entire digital library there.
If someone told me "hey there's this new system which gets ALL the games, you should get it" my answer would be a resounding "no". I don't feel like jumping ship at this point to a different system. I'm too used to PC gaming and I have all my friends and games here.
I did buy a PS4 to play some exclusives last gen, but instead I barely touched the damn thing and it ended up collecting dust. I could buy and play GoW Ragnarok on it but I haven't cause I didn't play the first one on my PS4 for more than couple of hours (no fault of the game).
If I end up missing out on some games, that's fine. I don't need to play everything, I barely have the time to play the games I want to play. So what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Steam deck would get a massive influx of users even if it suddenly started getting all the games. A lot of people choose a single ecosystem and stick to it.
Wouldn't the very last point you've made about choosing a single ecosystem, justify my point about the move to Steam Deck?

Seriously, consider the theoretical. Years from now, your game libraries, your friends lists, your achievements, your trophies, etc. all on a store front that's accessible on one device that's both portable and plug and play for TVs. This is a dream people have had for as long as crossplay was a dream itself. I just find it hard to believe that if something had a collection of everything, the average person would continue to use specifically the other thing that's way more limited, unless it was out of some sort of extreme form of brand loyalty at that point.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Thats just marketing hyperbole.

That's like that Sony guy hyping up PS3 as a 1080p/120 fps machine, when almost all games were around 720p/30.

Or the other Sony guy on stage demoing Genshin saying it's an accurate historical game and the main character was battling a giant 20ft crab.

Funny thing Sony didn't have to fight, MS kept shooting themselves on the foot since then until they ran out of toes..

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Funny thing Sony didn't have to fight, MS kept shooting themselves on the foot since then until they ran out of toes..
You know me I try not to take sides in war type of stuff but damn Xbox just can't get out of their own way.

This interview, sorry for the ones who view it differently, just really felt like someone who was broken and ready for a new chapter in his life.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I am NOT arguing that the 360 wasnt kickass, im arguing that it was NOT "VASTLY SUPERIOIOR TO PS3 IN ALMOST EWVERY WAY". That is straight up fanboi mentality or perhaps you have a bad memory IDK.

This 360 was better at
- Online gaming ecosystem
- Multiplat performance
- 3rd party deals (content)
- Cheaper

Things PS3 was better at
-Free online
-Killer 1st party games
-More advanced tech
- better audio because of cell
- EVERY PS# came with a HDD (no requirement for adapter)
- EVERY PS3 had wifi (no requirement for adapter)
- EVERY PS3 had bluray player (no requierment for HDDVD adapter)
- More reliable hardware (No Red ding of death (yellow light was present but not nearly as prominnet)
- Every controller had motion controls
- PS Plus "free" games which prompted MS to offer Games with gold

It goes both ways man. They were both awesome systems which was reflected in the sales being about the same.

Even if I was to concede to your point that it was all name alone.... How the hell do you explain Sony curb stomping Nintendo with PS1, its first console ever? Ill give you a hint its a 5 letter word that rhymes with shmames'.

Sony built its legacy off the back of great 1st party content. MS started to do that with 360 then just stopped. Its on them. They need to look in the mirror and stop point the finger around. Sony doesn't do that, Nintendo doesn't do that, fuck even SEGA didn't do that.

but im the one projecting....
I'm starting to think the blu ray player is one reason why Sony had a GTA V bundle that was revealed at E3 in 2013. It was 2 discs on the 360, and its one of the rare times a multi platform game had advantages on the PS3. At least initially. I don't even know if the 360 issues were ever fixed.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Listened to the whole interview. He sounds like his heart is absolutely in the right place. I think Microsoft should put in place a "bad cop" to counter his "good cop". I think he's got people all around him who need to be dismissed or reassigned and it's just not a strength of his to identify and solve those kinds of issues.

I don't even think Redfall itself is a huge deal.... It's somehow made worse in the shadow of Halo. If Halo delivered this wouldn't have been the big deal we're making it out to be.

Feel for the guy.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I have no doubt he’s absolutely fine. He’s been sent out to do a mea culpa interview to placate the fans, and from what I’ve seen it’s largely worked with some hardcore xbros now telling each other they never expected to have the best selling hardware anyway lol.

Oh no doubt. This was all self inflicted from their own strategy. And the only thing demonstrating process efficiency is their PR campaign with their friends in the media. It has been pathetic and transparent for years, but it's full mask off now.

zomboden

Banned
Something I haven't seen anybody post about yet in this thread is the whole "Play any Xbox digital game on xCloud that you own" rumors we had awhile back.

Phil's talk about losing the console war reeks of the fact that they plan to have xCloud expanding going forward. Imagine if you could launch a completely cloud based Xbox. Play any game you own without downloading. That is the future for Xbox I think.

Despite me freaking out cause I thought the CMA was crazy, I can see it now. Cloud based Xbox. Console get's more powerful over time without you ever needing to buy a new system. They can allocate more GPU/CPU power to demanding titles.

Geforce Now offers AMD threadripper CPU and 24gb VRAM custom RTX 4080 on their highest tier right now. Imagine a next gen cloud Xbox that could boast similar or better performance.

Last edited:
The same thing he's said before about not being in direct competition with Sony, not that they've 'admitted defeat' like the OP headline implies. Those are two different statements.

Except he directly and indirectly references Sony multiple times in that interview. Not a single mention of Amazon, Google, Apple etc. in there. Even Nintendo got a mention.

Stop kidding; they obviously view Sony as competition in gaming, certainly at least console gaming.

They don't want to compete with them directly, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't like to wrestle away console market share or cut off 3P options for Sony. That's partly what the ABK acquisition is about in the first place.
The GameCube looked like a toy at a time when the other consoles were trying to appeal to the teens/older crowd. I think that definitely did not help Nintendo.

It didn't but in retrospect the Gamecube's design has probably aged the best out of the three.

Probably a tie between it and Dreamcast for overall best 6th-gen system aesthetically. PS2 looks good but less distinguishing visual features. Xbox has the dated giant green circle up top screaming how extreme it is.

The reason anyone says he's admitting defeat in the console space is specifically because he is saying `we can't out console sony and Nintendo`. You can`t more clearly admit defeat than that.

And this is no surprise to anyone here either, a lot of us has said many times over, that MS focus is not on consoles anymore, but on gamepass. And a lot of xbox fans would even denounce that and point out how GP is only responsible for 15% of Xbox revenue. So which is it? We are hearing from him here that they are trying to do their own thing, and that `own` thing is gamepass. Plain and simple.

Yes, its also the reason why MS is trying to acquire as many IPs and publishers as they can.... while simultaneously championing this fake rhetoric of gaming for everyone yet being the single biggest offender when it comes to putting games out of the hands of gamers. Sony pays for timed exclusives, but that doesn't mean the games won't come to other platforms,MS on the other hand, just want to prevent the games from being on other platforms period. And yet are the ones taking the most about inclusion. Their idea of games being on everything is actually you buying into their service. And that some cant see how two-faced that is is shocking to me.

At the end of the day, anyone that buys an xbox, buys it to play games, would want to see that the primary focus of the platform is on games. It would (or at least should)be very unsettling to hear the head of xbox say, making great games isn't the solution to their problem, then start talking about gamepass... cause it is like they are saying our initiative is to push for quantity over quality.

What dug both Nintendo and Sony out of their holes, were great games, great first-party output.... and that is the one thing MS is still refusing to prioritize. That Xbox still clearly doesn't get this.... should be very concerning to any Xbox fan.

Also helps that Sony & Nintendo didn't spend that much time in the gutter; Sony's worst years were 2006 - 2008, that's nothing really considering all the years they were doing very well. Nintendo had more bad years console-wise than that (Gamecube, Wii U), but offset that with their handhelds and, all things considered, they consistently released great 1P games for both systems even if they struggled with market share (and in Gamecube's case also got quite a few stellar 3P AAA exclusives).

Microsoft's spent the better part of 13 years in the gutter, their 1P dropping off after 2010 once Kinect came out, being inconsistent in strong AAA quality exclusives (XBO launch was pretty decent for that, and up to TitanFall. Then it just got worst and worst) and losing a lot of big 3P support in terms of exclusives and marketing deals. And that's on top of losing the performance crown and having other issues like no 1P AAA exclusives at the launch of Series S & X.

There's a LOT of baggage with Xbox's brand name with many beyond the more dedicated of the fanbase, it would take very long for them to repair that. Hell, they might be better off just dropping the Xbox name altogether next go-around to have a clean break with the branding.

He is basically admitting that the only solution is to acquire and take away from SONY to be relavant in console space.

I have been kinda getting that feeling as I'm watching through the interview. Of course, he only addresses acquisitions when ABK's brought up, and saying they're appealing the CMA's decision. But historically, if you look at Xbox's growth the past few years, most of it's come when they made big acquisitions. Mojang in 2014, Zenimax in 2021, and they're hoping for that again with ABK.

ABK of course being the biggest example of taking an independent 3P partner off the market, limiting Sony's options to work work with 3P publishers on marketing deals, exclusivity, or co-development of new games since it'd all have to go through Microsoft (who would have no incentive to allow for those opportunities). The CMA echoed similar concerns, but WRT the cloud gaming space, and they're 100% correct in those concerns.

Especially when we're talking about 3P publishers with IP as big in the market as ABK.

I got that as well from the interview, but you dont come out and say what he said. It turns off buyers. Who wants to buy into that ecosystem? Who wants to get gamepass later if they know they make shit products for it?

I guess sympathizers. I can respect what he's done here in one sense, being forthcoming on things. But all these interviews also serve as a form of PR, so there could always be dual meanings to things which are said or seem simple enough at the surface level.

Knightime_X

Dog. The PS platform is fine, as is the Xbox platform. Both get broken, buggy games, both have quality games. PS has more 3rd party titles/VR, those extras may or may not appeal to everyone. I feel like both platforms are infinitely better and future proofed compared to whatever the hell Nintendo is doing with their online system.

My point is, things are more or less the same between Sony and MS save for subtle differences in game selection. Sony isn't going to dick the masses over and if they do, don't buy their games or pay for the premium PS+ tier, not all third parties are selling games for $70 either. The future doesn't have to be so bleak. I'm of the mindset that we have more options that we've ever had in the history of gaming and things are baller. Just gotta explore outside the AAA sector.
Sony knows if they're the only option people will pay or suffer.
PC exists but if you're looking for online play pc is usually dead when compared to.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Blu-Ray player, hdmi, no RROD, symmetrical controller, upgradable HDD including SSD
Lies are bad.

Xbox 360:
✅️HDMI (added 2007-08-24 with Elite)
✅️SONY GOT YLOD, no jealous
✅️SYM GAMEPAD IS IRRELEVANT, it's a 100% a matter of taste (Also, X360 controller is far away in ergonomics than any DS2/3 version), PS3 has no vibration at DS2 announcement but got motion sensors and got vibration quickly after.
✅HDD UPGRADE

Xbox 360 was a BEAST.

PS3 was 600€ for base model, got a BR optical drive, released 1 year later and was hard to code.

Sony get back from hell with an incredible games lineup and by lowering console prices later. This made buy a PS3 at the end of this generation and as a Xbox 360 die-hard fan, that was something (I hated Sony since PS1)

Those are the true facts.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Hi-Fi Rush, Psychonauts 2, Cuphead..seriously?
Absolutely amazing games, throw in Ori too - those should be the games Xbox continue to cultivate.
That's the game to counter Spiderman, Horizon, GOW, Days Gone, Infamous Second Son, The last of us 2, ghost of tsushima?
Brother those 4 games listed above easily surpass Days Gone and Second Son by a million miles and the rest is down to preference.

Bragr

Banned
It is enough and it's all that matters. For example, the generation that they gained marketshare is generally considered their best output and that would be the Xbox 360 (at the beginning of it).

The fact this company has you thinking like this is disturbing and I don't mean that as an insult. You need to reevaluate your thinking. These guys marketing has you all fucked up.

Best of luck.
It's fucked up that I believe Game Pass is the only thing holding them afloat? you are disconnected from reality.

You are trying to compare this to the 360 era. I'm not the one who needs luck here.

Absolutely amazing games, throw in Ori too - those should be the games Xbox continue to cultivate.

Brother those 4 games listed above easily surpass Days Gone and Second Son by a million miles and the rest is down to preference.

Days Gone nah

I'll take Psychonauts over Second Trash anyday though

Top Bottom