• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick ONE game! (**Female protagonist edition**) PART 3

What's your favorite on the list ?

• Total voters
Yeah, Part 3! :)

I don't know if you guys vote only because the girl is hot, or just because the game is good...

I don't care, i won't judge lmao!

Here you can see and still vote on the previous parts;

Part 1
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pick-one-game-female-protagonist-edition.1641543/

Part 2
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pick-one-game-female-protagonist-edition-part-2.1641824/

-------------------

It will work as follows;

-It will have 5 parts. In the Part 5 i will do a huge "semifinal" poll with the 2 most voted games from each one of the 4 parts.

-The last part is the grand final where I will take the 3 most voted from part 5.

In the meantime, we have more votes and parts to do! :)

I hope you like the choices and discuss the reason of your choice, among other things... So it makes the topic interesting for those who don't know much some specific game!

LET'S VOTE;

PRNOICY.jpg

Last edited:
wooooooow you do care and you will judge.

the disrespect.

Jill based on being the only one on the list thats from a good game lol

ComplicatedElaborateAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

OblongUniqueAlpaca-max-1mb.gif
da1a37155f1310278930d9e1095e4d11.gif
daf0fd8ab81f9654b3eb0953f21d2915.gif
tumblr_nv87zhLata1u8intho1_500.gif

82cba312b45b3fb22e09ea59c08188d2a7e7a69e.gif

d274c065da90c106848f1332ecfc56f0.gif

She dies to Abby 1 v 1 doe lol

Even with the G-Virus in her 4x, she still dies to Abby, wit her no gains frail self lol

#WLF4LIFE
My thread, my rules lol. I think TLOU or HZD too biased on gaf. I have other reasons too, but that is the major reason why those two games are out of my selections.

EDMIX

My thread, my rules lol. I think TLOU or HZD too biased on gaf. I have other reasons too, but that is the major reason why those two games are out of my selections.

my god, he even admits that he fixes the championship bouts, have you no shame sir? lol

The dog in Okami had all theses flees so she couldn't make it, all according to plan I see lol

Jill's character by default as she is in many games, bigger IP and I feel even the next big IP being Metroid, Samus is pretty boring, I love the game, but you could have told me a frog was in that suit and it wouldn't change shit lol

Last edited:
my god, he even admits that he fixes the championship bouts, have you no shame sir? lol

The dog in Okami had all theses flees so she couldn't make it, all according to plan I see lol
Chill man, look the other threads... Really diverse girls protagonists.
If you want, feel free to create your own best female protag.

This thread is for fun, just chill...I select the games, and u choose. Nothing wrong with that, and if you search, it isn't the first time that i did threads like this!

EDMIX

Chill man, look the other threads... Really diverse girls protagonists.
If you want, feel free to create your own best female protag.

This thread is for fun, just chill...I select the games, and u choose. Nothing wrong with that, and if you search, it isn't the first time that i did threads like this!

Look, I'm not saying the fix is in (repeats many times that this is fixed) but that dog is not making it out of the opening rounds against Jill with a rocket launcher, she literally dies if you throw a Hershey kiss at her lol

np OP, I'm just jk with you.

I think the showdown would be between Samus and Jill and would boil down to who's universe the fight takes place in.

Last edited:
Look, I'm not saying the fix is in (repeats many times that this is fixed) but that dog is not making it out of the opening rounds against Jill with a rocket launcher, she literally dies if you throw a Hershey kiss at her
Yeah, but this isn't the proposal of the thread man...

KiteGr

Hana!

Samus has no personality beyond, "being a girl".
The rest of the entriest came much later.
Fear Effect is A FUCKING PS1 GAME! Those games had no business being this well acted or directed.

And that clip is from the 1rst game. Not the sequel that is mentioned athe poll.

Well, If we go in terms of game overall and not the character her self, Okami wins hands down.

EDMIX

I had more fun with Zero Mission than Super Metroid. So I picked Jill from RE1, amazing game.

Same.

Zero Mission is so underrated. I'd love to see that whole series remastered on Switch on day, the GBA ones were so much better. Jill being in some of the best RE titles makes it a easy pick

(though I don't care for the drunk crack head version of her in RE5)

Doom85

Since you used the cover image of REmake, I assume your poll option is for that version and not the original so I’ll go with REmake and Jill. Otherwise, Beyond Good and Evil would be my pick.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Whether it was a contest of female or male favorite game protagonist, Samus Aran is my favorite by far. Metroid Dread shows just how insanely powerful she truly is capable of being- She's basically Nintendo's super saiyan-level protagonist now in how dangerously overpowered she is.

Samus is truly awesome in every sense of the word.

samus-metroid.gif

FeralEcho

I'm gonna go with Resident Evil but Super Metroid is close second but it's no contest against the others,two of the most badass female characters in gaming in 2 games that defined their genres.These 2 games should be in everyone's top games list.

Also gotta say bravo MasterDerico for including something like Fear Effect in the poll and giving it some spotlight.It's not a very popular game compared to everything else on the list but it's got character and it's one of the best RE style games so it's nice to see it represented.

Fredrik

Super Metroid is probably still my #1 game period. Not even a contest with that in the poll.
Same here, but there is no probably for me, it’s my all time #1 for sure 👌

Metroid Dread is up there as well, a bit too much hand-holding to be near the top but it has top tier metroid gameplay and some of the best boss fights ever, it’s at least on my top 10.

Need to turn this into a large scale weekly block tournament pitting two girls each week to declare a winner at the end of 3 months or so.
But Jade gets my vote this time.

I'm gonna go with Resident Evil but Super Metroid is close second but it's no contest against the others,two of the most badass female characters in gaming in 2 games that defined their genres.These 2 games should be in everyone's top games list.

Also gotta say bravo MasterDerico for including something like Fear Effect in the poll and giving it some spotlight.It's not a very popular game compared to everything else on the list but it's got character and it's one of the best RE style games so it's nice to see it represented.
Thank you man, for the words!

Ufc 205 Thank You GIF by UFC

KiteGr

I haven’t played Fear Effect, so I’d personally play that.

Otherwise I’d go with Okami.
The controls are the worst part. It uses tank controls like RE, and it rolls through the items and weapons in your inventory with the face buttons... in real time! If you find for example an opportunity for a stealth kill, you'll have to roll through every item without pausing, equip your melee item as it's the only one that can stealth-kill silently, and if they "smell" you, your one-shot kill no longer works and you'll have circle through the inventory all over again, this time to equip a proper weapon. It was made those dark times when having a dual shock wasn't a given, and people wouldn't dream of using the d-pad for anything other than movement.

If you can overcome the controls, you are in for a fascinating game.
Fear Effect is pretty cool it deserve a great remake. Voting for Hana
Yeah... someone's got to tell him eventually...

Be careful what you wish for.
The First game is being remade as a generic 3rd person cover base shooter.

It somehow looks worse than the original game 5 generations ago, and it looks like it will play even worse.

This Franchise got violated, and the original creator is now dead.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Gold Member
Hellblade is a crap tier game, and I doubt she is ever the first character that comes to people's minds when considering "iconic female characters".

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I know this game is not on the list but it does have female MC.

It right there with Bayonetta as my favourite Platinum game.

Top Bottom