• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to start rebooting brand on Nov 19 - new logo, uniforms, menu, pizza box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza Hut,you know what you have to do.

batepapo11.jpg

Get those sea creatures off my pizza

Anything's better at this point honestly, the last time I had pizza hut with their sauce on it I felt like shit and even woke up in the middle of the night wanting to hack it out, I always ordered without the sauce, so if there is and actual choice in sauce now, I may start saucing it up again.

Apt101

I worked at Pizza Hut for a few years off and on as a kid. The product is just kind of bizarre as far as pizza goes, incredibly unhealthy, and I always wondered why it was popular (at the time). Everything was too doughy. The thin crust was dry. The "Brooklyn style" wasn't really. It all had a kind of "McDonald's does pizza" feel to it. The prices were higher than the competition, who put out good product. Nothing, absolutely nothing, was fresh aside from the thick crust dough. Everything else was frozen or sat on shelves pre-made for days prior to being reheated. So it was only a matter of time for them to decline. It was also weird how they tried to present themselves as a proper dining room and experience. No one was fooled.

So now it seems like they're resorting to gimmicks. If they really want to save the business, invest the great deal of money they put into making subpar products into making good traditional pizza instead. And they did pour a lot of money into it. Back in 1997 the manager at my place made almost $60k. That is like making $120k in this area now (cost of living has literally doubled). They put almost all of their effort into advertising.

Kettch

Ehhh, they need to change up their pizza altogether, like Dominoes did. I used to like their stuffed crust, but it was always undercooked and just loses out to everything else nowadays. Changing all these little things wouldn't help any.

bjork

All I need is pan-deep ham and pineapple. At my door, without me having to call. Can I text #pizza to pizza hut and get delivery yet?

As long as they don't go up in price. Papa Johns did and one pie is damn near 20 bucks, fuck that noise.

You gotta order online, with a code you can get it for $10.
Then again, people like you subsidize people who use online codes.
Maybe don't use any online code.

Skunkers

No shit. I had Pizza Hut earlier this year for the first time in probably at least a decade, and I couldn't believe the crust. They aren't even trying to pretend that it's bread. I can see why some people may like it since while it may taste like cardboard, it at least tastes like deep-fried cardboard.

This has literally been my issue with Pizza Hut since like the 80's; and they've only gotten worse since then. The crust just tastes processed and weirdly overcooked. It's not that it's an awful flavor per se, but I simply don't associate it with pizza at all. The meats are also horrendous. New options are great, but I agree with the consensus here, they really need to go back to the drawing board on their ingredients; the crust in particular.

The high price is likewise killing them, because you can find either a better chain, or even better, an incredible local joint for for less money just about anywhere.

I love the concept, especially that bacon cheese stuffed crust, but they need to up the quality. When I was younger, they completely screwed up the flavors at some point; bread sticks, wings, crust, sauce etc. all became too dry or sweet.

FUCK YOU PIZZA HUT

I used to order every month. Then they introduced $10 ANY pizza ANY crust ANY size.

So I ordered stuffed crust.

Sir that will be $2 extra.

YOU SAID ANY PIZZA MOTHER FUCKER

They lost a customer for life because of their outright lies.

I can't wait until they join circuit city in retail hell.

genjiZERO

They need to go back to their original logo. I can't stand cursive logos. They also need to simply drop their price. It's not worth the premium.

FUCK YOU PIZZA HUT

I used to order every month. Then they introduced $10 ANY pizza ANY crust ANY size.

So I ordered stuffed crust.

Sir that will be $2 extra.

YOU SAID ANY PIZZA MOTHER FUCKER

They lost a customer for life because of their outright lies.

I can't wait until they join circuit city in retail hell.

Same thing with me except $9 any pizza, any topping.

So I ordered Extra Cheese.

That'll be $2 extra!

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!

Pizza Hut is my guilty pleasure. but the aftermath the next morning is always the worst. that being said, these new changes look good!

Same thing with me except $9 any pizza, any topping.

So I ordered Extra Cheese.

That'll be $2 extra!

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!

It's really no surprise nobody goes there anymore.

Did you know that any toppings had a five topping limit?

THEY SAID ANY TOPPINGS

I don't understand how they weren't sued to bankruptcy

Other than buffalo sauce, which is long overdue, this just sounds like throwing a bunch of stuff and seeing what sticks. Pizza isn't really complicated, I'm not sure why they think they need to go to the extreme with choices and complicated pizzas. Nobody is going to buy a spinach pizza from Pizza Hut, I just want garbage greasy pizza at a cheap price... I think they'd be better off going the way of little Caesars. Rather than trying to be a mid range pizza parlor, which they'll never be. Full on embrace the junk food, it worked for Taco Bell.

Holy shit, this is absolutely massive. Bigger than when Dominos changed. I am probably in the minority here, but I do like how PIzza Hut is now. I'd be disappointed if I can't still get a large pan pizza.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The dinner box was so gross. It was like carbs with salt and Parmesan, carbs with sauce and cheese, carbs with sickly sweet icing.

Um.. I might be in the minority... but that looks fantastic. New veggie options and sauce variety looks great. Definitely want to try the buffalo sauce.

And anyone who thinks Pizza Hut is worse than Dominos needs to get their head checked.

Laieon

I worked at Pizza Hut for a few years off and on as a kid. The product is just kind of bizarre as far as pizza goes, incredibly unhealthy

That's all I really ask for in my Pizza.

Um.. I might be in the minority... but that looks fantastic. New veggie options and sauce variety looks great. Definitely want to try the buffalo sauce.

And anyone who thinks Pizza Hut is worse than Dominos needs to get their head checked.

Pizza Hut and Dominoes are both about equal - light years ahead of Papa Johns, pretty far behind local establishments*.

*This doesn't apply to Korea. Korean Pizza is weird. Pizza Hut and Dominoes are better than local places here.

Beant

Ill try one if they have amazing coupons when they rollout. Tentatively preordered, not paying MSRP though.

Mr.Walls

Neo Member
One of the things that sucks about nyc is the few available pizza huts :( this all looks so good.
Gaf please don't make me make a 45min round trip to get pizza hut.

maxcriden

I just called them and they have the new pizzas already. I ordered the new BBQ chicken w/ a pretzel crust. So I'll report back with impressions!

I just called them and they have the new pizzas already. I ordered the new BBQ chicken w/ a pretzel crust. So I'll report back with impressions!

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

I look forward to the inevitable of us lot not getting any of it.

Also, you seem like a big fan of food that's a little bit above the quality of fast food~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom