• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play - February 3rd (1pm PT / 9pm UK / 4pm ET)

Elios83

I would wait for official confirmation before using the thread title.

He hasn't been the most consistent in terms of accuracy.
He just makes up stuff to get attention on Twitter.
Thread should be closed imo, it's not even rumor, just a made up prediction.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
finally some decent news for sony 2022
phil-spencer-mark-cerny.gif

Last edited:

yurinka

Well, not sure if this day, but for sure makes sense to have a State of Play this February:
-Uncharted movie
-Remind the release Uncharted 4 Refurbished for PS5 and PC
-Would be nice to mentioin that with GoW PC port the game joined the 20M units sold club of TLOU, Uncharted 4, Spider-Man
-'Long' Horizon gameplay demo?
-Sifu launch trailer
-Elder Ring lauch trailer

And could be delayed for a March State of Play but could also be included here:
-GT7 launch trailer/'long' gameplay demo
-Ghostwire Tokyo release date + new trailer/'long' gameplay demo
-PSVR2 headset reveal, maybe mentioning release date and some extra game (GT7 full game on VR support?)
-Spartacus unveiling if exist? It was supposed to be released this Spring according to the rumor/leak

So new god of war and HFW? Any possibility on FFXVI?

What else I am forgetting?
Don't get too excited, that tweet was just a guess, not a leak. Pretty likely thre won't be a State of Play, but it's possible to get one this February. I wouldn't expect them to show GoW and FFXVI since they are very likely for H2 (FF maybe for 2023) and in State of Play they typically focus on games that are released on the next few months.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

If it's confirmed... Whatever they show will be seen as an attempt to "fire back" at Microsoft, so I hope they realize that and fire everything they have. It has to be E3, TGS, and Paris Games Week combined to rise out of the shadow of that Activision purchase.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Whenever the next SOP actually is, it's a God of War showcase obviously, but I would also put money on the next Resident Evil remake being unveiled this year, be it 4 or CV.

dotnotbot

Guys, there's no State of Play on Feb 3rd unless someone else says so. This guy is a fraud.

And SoPs never had any megatons announced anyway.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
The state of play is Sony are fucked.

/s.

Seriously though not hard to guess theres one in February, with horizon launching and GT around the corner. Id take this with a large pinch of salt.

These state of plays are always so boring.

Much prefer when they used to save everything for a massive conference.

Like the one with God of Ware, Uncharted and Last of us.

Sony needs to blow us out of the water again. Get some good press

Kokoloko85

2021 was probably the worst year in Sony events ever.
Literally 95% was a waste of time, so heres what I expect:

Deathloop
Kena
Horizon 2
A new indie
Some crap multiplatform game
God of War gameplay ( seriously who cares we’re all gonna buy it anyway )
Sifu
GT7
Jim Ryan talking crap for another 2 minutes

Oh I forgot, there probably do a million shows for Tokyo Ghostwire….

Im not watching, Ill catch anything after if its worth while

Last edited:

Ellery

Feels pretty early. No big expectations for this one. Probably just to get us into the groove for Horizon and Gran Turismo.

Playstation has a giga stacked lineup of exclusives this year already with Horizon Forbidden West into Gran Turismo into God of War Ragnarok.

Probably takes a bit until we see 2023 stuff.

Skifi28

man stop giving me hope with this fake ass "quote from twitter" threads
Even if the date is wrong and the leaker pulled it out of his ass, it's pretty safe to assume there's going to be a state of play before Horizon+ GT7 as they release back to back.

ElCasual

People dont understand. Playstation SoP is about incoming games, so is GT , Sifu and Horizon.
Playstation showcase is where the big news are told.

Last edited:
Top Bottom