• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play - February 3rd (1pm PT / 9pm UK / 4pm ET)

zaanan

Banned
God of Ware

Ron Swanson Kratos Dancing GIF by PlayStation

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Sony also has an obligation quarterly to their third party partnership deals, which is why a lot of their state of plays are garbage and why we got so many deathloop and Abe trailers last year.

The fact that there isn’t much of anything announced past march, especially indie games means that microsoft, playstation, and nintendo are gonna be doing directs/SoP’s soon

Lognor

Banned
The State of Play presentations have always been underwhelming. Sony is doing two types of presentations - State of Play which focuses on indie games, AA games and in-depth coverage of already announced games (Deathloop was the last game (too much coverage for that one in fact), HZD2 will likely be the focus of this one). Sony saves their big guns for their Playstation Showcase. If this rumor turns out to be true, don't get your hopes up for any amazing reveals. It will probably be 10+ minutes of HZD2 and some lesser known AA and indie games.

The State of Play presentations have always been underwhelming. Sony is doing two types of presentations - State of Play which focuses on indie games, AA games and in-depth coverage of already announced games (Deathloop was the last game (too much coverage for that one in fact), HZD2 will likely be the focus of this one). Sony saves their big guns for their Playstation Showcase. If this rumor turns out to be true, don't get your hopes up for any amazing reveals. It will probably be 10+ minutes of HZD2 and some lesser known AA and indie games.
You hope, huh?

Saber

Gold Member
Still a rumor? Lol

Anyway...its not like a big deal. State of Play AWAYS sucks real bad. They should have get rid of it ages ago.

Lognor

Banned
You hope, huh?
Not really. Just reminding people of how these things usually go. If you're looking for the big reveals they're not in the State of Play presentations. They never have been. That is why you always see people so disappointed after one of these. They expect too much.

Not really. Just reminding people of how these things usually go. If you're looking for the big reveals they're not in the State of Play presentations. They never have been. That is why you always see people so disappointed after one of these. They expect too much.

Well thats true, but then again people seem to hate games now.

Acquisitions and exclusives are the only thing that get gamers hard now.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
PSVR2 deep dive
God of War Ragnarok
Horizon FW
GT7
Resistance trilogy remaster
New Guerilla games IP
FFXVI
MGS trilogy remaster
New Bluepoint games IP
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter VI
Silent Hill remake
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine

To end the show, Sony will announce they have purchased Capcom and Square.

That's probably what I would expect from this event.

As the ultimate insider
Not really
they will show games, and people will be happy and most disappointed.

Last edited:
before i even clicked the thread i had a feeling it would be roberto

only an arse like him makes these kinds of fake rumours just to get more followers lol pathetic

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They would have to really give the game a solid hd/4k remake effort. The Wii version is blurry AF
I honestly just want to play it on modern system like Switch or PS4/5 since my Vita is not in best condition to play this.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I honestly just want to play it on modern system like Switch or PS4/5 since my Vita is not in best condition to play this.
I only know it's so blurry because I was playing it on my Series S recently. Would definitely be interested in a remake.

Fricking hell, the last time I remeber seeing this clowns name was back when he was predicting every thing for the ps5, and when things never (which was always in his case) came to fruition from his supposed ‘intel’ the good old “things changed”

Last edited:

Moses85

PSVR2 deep dive
God of War Ragnarok
Horizon FW
GT7
Resistance trilogy remaster
New Guerilla games IP
FFXVI
MGS trilogy remaster
New Bluepoint games IP
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter VI
Silent Hill remake
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine

To end the show, Sony will announce they have purchased Capcom and Square.

That's probably what I would expect from this event.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I’m hoping that this event would focus more on the future, rather than what is in 2022. PSVR2 definitely needs its own event, but a little more detail here with the unit shown off wouldn’t be bad.

I hope Sony have engaged a few more 3rd parties to do takes on 1st party IP. That is where Nintendo do an excellent job. If Killzone and Resistance aren’t coming back from 1st party then I’m sure there are teams out there that could do an imaginative take in a different genre.

Top Bottom