• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

Crayon

Yep, I'm stoked for a few of em. Call Of The Mountain especially.

I am going straight to call of the mountain when I start. I want to see the best vr graphics, and I am dyying to know if the game is actually good or not. Impressions have been glowing but idk. I'm very curious.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I am going straight to call of the mountain when I start. I want to see the best vr graphics, and I am dyying to know if the game is actually good or not. Impressions have been glowing but idk. I'm very curious.
I'm skeptical of the gameplay, it being so tethered. I'm sure it will be a cool experience, and I'll get it eventually, but it's not really a day 1 for me unless impressions are totally glowing. I understand people being hyped though. It's the flagship. Money was spent.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm skeptical of the gameplay, it being so tethered. I'm sure it will be a cool experience, and I'll get it eventually, but it's not really a day 1 for me unless impressions are totally glowing. I understand people being hyped though. It's the flagship. Money was spent.
Same for me. I'm not sold on it yet and have no problem waiting to get it later if it turns out good.

I have plenty of other games to play at/near launch anyway.

Crayon

That's it. I am not so sure about the way they designed it because everything besides the climbing looks like unfamiliar solutions to me. The circling combat in particular. Some people are way down on it before they try it but it could end up being good or bad. Don't know till I try. Games are abstracted and need rules. They came up with this solution and the rules are you are confined and face the enemy. We'll see if they made the right decision.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Update on C-Smash VRS:
As confirmed on the PS Blog, you'll be able to test out the reimagined Cosmic Smash on PSVR2 starting from 23rd March as a free demo takes aim at the PS Store. This sampler will allow you play both online against a friend or solo in training mode.

drezz

Arms have appeared!

You have a Jacket you can OPEN UP???

Can't wait to FLASH Dimitrescu!!!

Drunk Ian Mcshane GIF by American Gods

acidagfc

I wish I wasn’t poor this month. I really want Demeo and Pavlov which I’ll order but Jesus I want GT7 so bad too. Driving in VR seems like it would be amazing.
I've put 70+ hours in GT7 with my old non-led 1080p tv and enjoyed the heck out of it.
I will likely play double that in psvr2.
Dualsense feedback and triggers are amazing in it.

banjo5150

Wow that teardown of the PSVR2 is nuts to me. Actually surprised that much is packed in that thing. I just assumed it was essentially a monitor on your face. So how much I know about all the tech in VR. I know the price is a turn off for a lot of people, but feel it is justified with all the stuff in this thing.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Psvr 2 is getting another banger. This is the pcvr overview. No doubt it will be amazing with psvr2.

This looks great and I hope Ace Combat 8 has full VR support.

I'd buy a flight stick for just one of these game, two would be a treat.

Romulus

This looks great and I hope Ace Combat 8 has full VR support.

I'd buy a flight stick for just one of these game, two would be a treat.

I've played it on pcvr and was very impressed. The psvr2 experience will likely be far better than the video maker's there, he's using some pretty outdated tech

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Someone make a PSVR2 OT so I can put all updates there or better a VR OT so I don't have to divide/duplicate for multiplats between this and PC and Quest (like I've been using its thread for general VR) othewise I'd flood the forum with a thread for each thing like others >_>

Last edited:

Crayon

The resident evil and teardown videos are doing pretty good views. I just did a search of "playstation", "xbox", and "nintendo switch" and narrowed it to the last week. Teardown is like 130k and resi is over 200k. Several Nintendo videos blow that out of the water. I thought I found an xbox video with almost 100k but it turned out to be about a guy killing a baby with an xbox controller.

Last edited:

Cohetedor

Charge is pending at my bank for the headset, now just waiting for the charge for the charger. I didn't order the charger until I saw the unboxing video last week, it still said release date shipping though.

ABnormal

Yo that charger is spensive. Here's the struggle I'm going to get:

41QaHKXMKoL._SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg
If you still have the usb cable of PS5 (the one for charging the controller), it should have the same exit, so it would be possible to charge both Sense controllers at the same time. There are plenty of USB ports on PS5, even if you are using the Pulse headset with the dongle at the same time and PSVR2 linked by the USB C.

Crayon

If you still have the usb cable of PS5 (the one for charging the controller), it should have the same exit, so it would be possible to charge both Sense controllers at the same time. There are plenty of USB ports on PS5, even if you are using the Pulse headset with the dongle at the same time and PSVR2 linked by the USB C.

I've got a shelf for charging stuff. There's a powered usb hub behind it and a bunch of cables hanging out on top. I already needed to add another one because they are often all occupied. Now there's going to be two MORE controllers around to charge. I have a peeve about all the controllers around. Sooo many controllers. I'm getting rid of two move controllers but those are micro usb so I still need more.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Someone make a PSVR2 OT so I can put all updates there or better a VR OT so I don't have to divide/duplicate for multiplats between this and PC and Quest (like I've been using its thread for general VR) othewise I'd flood the forum with a thread for each thing like others >_>

Last edited:
I kinda want one of these for RE Villiage vr alone. But the $1200ish in hardware and game I'd need is a bit more than I want to spend atm. I will likely just wait for a ps5 redesign and price drop.

I had a psvr at launch in 2016 and RE 7 in early 2017 made it worth it on a ps4 pro. So fun.

A Saints and Sinners sequel would also be something I'd want to play.

saintjules

Had to cancel my preorder. Just too many bills this month. Hopefully next month. Can't wait to hear your all's impressions.

I almost did too, but was able to configure the outlook to where I can recoup the money in about a month. Rough waters out there.

Just got an email from Sony that they shipped my unit.

Nice - Is FedEx the carrier? Assuming you're in the US.

Edit: Seems it's UPS at least in NA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom