• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

45224798gi.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Saw these earlier on press sites but couldn't bother dling/uploading since the official channels don't yet have the videos up (or visible at least) so glad someone else did for now. I'll update with official sources later if they're better quality. Dunno why it's taking so long for anyone to speak of them.

These disappeared from the press source sites, maybe a deadline mistakenly broken? Idk why they wouldn't go ahead with the reveal anyway, they're not so special to keep secret. More new ports:

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Congrats to all those getting the new tech this week.

Remember, take it out the box slow...smell that new tech smell.....feel all the goody, goody excitement tingles as you set it up.....

...play some damned games then get in here and give us your feedback...

Then please use all your will power to make some deal happen so your good pal denchdeckard can pick one up in a deal that suits him!

I love VR, and this headset looks amazing.

Looking forward to reading your comments on it!

Posted this in the other thread!

Have fun, all. Post your impressions when you can :)

Got my shipping email. Ordered only a couple of weeks ago and located east of England. I think they’re shipping by region as a friend of mine that lives close by got his email at basically the same time, yet I’ve friends in London who haven’t got theirs yet.

Pretty sure anyone who preordered is going to get it on release day in the UK since there don’t seem to be any supply issues.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Got my shipping email. Ordered only a couple of weeks ago and located east of England. I think they’re shipping by region as a friend of mine that lives close by got his email at basically the same time, yet I’ve friends in London who haven’t got theirs yet.

Pretty sure anyone who preordered is going to get it on release day in the UK since there don’t seem to be any supply issues.
You might be right. I’m Eastish and got my shipping mail around 12:15pm.
Although weirdly after that mail yesterday saying chargers may go out first, the charger i ordered on Friday is still prepping.

Last edited:

Alexios

That Kayak game looks so boring to me lol. Happy PSVR2 launch day!

Edit: oh wait, its tomorrow! False alarm.
It's a kayaking game. Pretty relaxing. But it's mainly a racing game for when you want it less relaxing. Sure it's relatively limited in scope, would love stuff like Endless Ocean with a bit more game meat to them and these visuals and mechanics, finding all the creatures and stuff in open exploration.

Last edited:
It's a kayaking game. Pretty relaxing. But it's mainly a racing game for when you want it less relaxing. Sure it's relatively limited in scope, would love stuff like Endless Ocean with a bit more game meat to them and these visuals and mechanics, finding all the creatures and stuff in open exploration.

I didn't know it had multiplayer, that actually looks pretty entertaining

Alexios

I think it's only asynchronous so they're player ghosts, not sure. Maybe Phantom: Covert Ops will get a port or sequel on all platforms for these mechanics in a more gamey game. Not sure if Meta has any exclusivity on it and that's why it's not on other PC stores but nDreams made it so possibly not.

Last edited:

Alexios

Saw these earlier on press sites but couldn't bother dling/uploading since the official channels don't yet have the videos up (or visible at least) so glad someone else did for now. I'll update with official sources later if they're better quality. Dunno why it's taking so long for anyone to speak of them.

Guess they did break the deadline yesterday, lol. So here it is, officially announced alongside other games (none are exclusive mind so check your existing VR platform if you're only seeing this with a general interest in VR and not just PS VR2 in particular):

Most of them have great ratings on the other platforms and there are a couple of unreleased potentially cool stuff like Sushi Ben or Hellsweeper. I think the coolest are these two, Runner and potentially Swordsman for lack of Blade & Sorcery. Oh and that's a Fisherman's Tale sequel, not the old one!

Last edited:

SilentUser

Guess they did break the deadline yesterday, lol. So here it is, officially announced alongside other games:

Most of them have great ratings on the other platforms and there are a couple of unreleased potentially cool stuff like Sushi Ben or Hellsweeper. I think the coolest are these two, Runner and potentially Swordsman for lack of Blade & Sorcery. Oh and that's a Fisherman's Tale sequel, not the old one!
Damn, that's a lot of interesting titles to an already packed release!

saintjules

Might be different for everyone but don't go by PS Direct's tracking system. UPS has told me they haven't received the package yet, despite Sony showing that it traversed across a few towns.

Also according to UPS, no signature is required for the delivery. Again, it may vary by location.

saintjules

Guess they did break the deadline yesterday, lol. So here it is, officially announced alongside other games:
[/URL][/URL]

Wonder if it coincided with this.

ir9FrHH.jpg

Last edited:

Delt31

US East - still says the same damn thing it said on 2/16 - label created only. I'm hoping UPS is just hiding the activity b/c wtf.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Seems like the floodgates are finally opening on general games coverage.

Alexios

Seems like the floodgates are finally opening on general games coverage.
That was a given, it's Sony. It happened, a bit and for a bit, with the first PSVR too.

Really glad for it as the existing VR media suck even more than general gaming media which definitely manage to cover a bigger portion of the non VR gaming industry than the VR sites managed to cover the much smaller so far VR space they should've been able to easily cover fully and properly.

Last edited:

ssringo

US East - still says the same damn thing it said on 2/16 - label created only. I'm hoping UPS is just hiding the activity b/c wtf.
Same location as me. My labels were created on the 20th. My charger shipment was updated to "on the way" from Jacksonville FL at 1207. The headset hasn't updated though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Digital Foundry put out a podcast (?) today and one of the questions was about playing flat screen games in the VR space. The guy answering was quite positive about the experience. Should be time stamped.

I hadn't even thought about PS4 games. I'll have to download Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown. The OLED should make them look amazing.

John said that the PSVR2 doesn't fog up like his other headsets.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why am I about to buy a freaking Kayaking game? It looks so nice, I need some demos.

To me this is one of the BEST things about gaming in VR. When it moves you to purchase a game that you wouldn't play in a million years on a 2D regular HDTV. It was the same for me with Thumper.

Crayon

Probably kept Half Life Alyx for that. It's not possible they didn't score this game from Valve. Right?

The only thing that makes me think they didn't get it is that there are no leaks. But they've done pretty well with that so far. Otherwise, It's such a no-brainer and it plays to valve's goals of making vr in general bigger. Sony knows that if there's one game to bag, it's this. If they do have it, thursday would be a good time to mention since the hype is getting pretty strong right now and they could throw gasoline on it with an alyx announcement.

Then they can string that shit out aaaalllllll the way till christmas. :/

To me this is one of the BEST things about gaming in VR. When it moves you to purchase a game that you wouldn't play in a million years on a 2D regular HDTV. It was the same for me with Thumper.
To be fair, im not about to play a kayak game because it's exactly the thing I do all the time in real life. Usually kayak tournament fishing when im not in one with my Bass boat. We live on a lake, I launch my fishing kayak from my backyard. I love VR for the experiences I can't have in real life.

nowhat

I just received an email telling me that "my order has been shipped and no more changes can be made to it".

As this is a local retailer, that means... oh fuck, I'm getting this tomorrow! I'll have a new toy soon! No real content to this post, just happy/hyped.

Top Bottom