• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Imtjnotu

Mine is still awaiting pickup, I’m pretty annoyed about it.

Ups right now

suck my dick GIF

Gamerguy84

Same boat.

Ha yea. Don't leave that expected date still up when I track my package. At least update it.

Actually I just realized it's on UPS at this point. They shipping label has been made. That means Sony contacted them and arranged for UPS to pick it up. I feel like this is on UPS bmnow.

Crayon

Shipped!!!

btw i didn't want to be a party pooper on the first page but the i don't like the thread title. Had enough of that laser focused trolling over the last year. And now that the reviews are out you see the reality that all of the high end headsets are wired and it's not a big deal. Most reviews give it a brief mention and move on, which I would like to do too.

Delt31

I’m seeing many saying shipped but are you in the US? Would be helpful to clarify bc mine still says label created only. I’m in the US

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It’s a holiday here in the states, I wonder if that affects UPS.

Sleepwalker

Any word on what games will support crossplay with quest 2? My wife loves VR and we already have a quest, so might be a cool opportunity to game with her.

SilentUser

Any word on what games will support crossplay with quest 2? My wife loves VR and we already have a quest, so might be a cool opportunity to game with her.
Irc After the Fall have crossplay. Demeo and No Man's Sky too, but don't know if there are Quest 2 native versions for these games.

Delt31

Us west coast.
I think yours is just like mine though - says shipped but nothing more. Do you actually have more than create a label on your progress? That’s what I’m asking about as I’ve had this shipped notification for a week now - only says label created when you actually go to tracking number

schaft0620

I think yours is just like mine though - says shipped but nothing more. Do you actually have more than create a label on your progress? That’s what I’m asking about as I’ve had this shipped notification for a week now - only says label created when you actually go to tracking number

One of two things is happening,

1. Sony is going to overnight them so they can controll when they arrive (expensive).
2. Sony is working with UPS to hide the tracking info so you can't go to the UPS hub 2 hours away and get it on Friday before the US holiday and 4 days before the street date.

We'll see tomorrow but my guess is #2.

With the PS5 I tried to drive to my hub the Friday before and one UPS person was about to give me the box and another stopped them due to some sort of date restriction from the shipper.

Last edited:

Crayon

Mine in on the step after that. "on the way".

Shipped!!!

btw i didn't want to be a party pooper on the first page but the i don't like the thread title. Had enough of that laser focused trolling over the last year. And now that the reviews are out you see the reality that all of the high end headsets are wired and it's not a big deal. Most reviews give it a brief mention and move on, which I would like to do too.

Not a fan of the thread title either

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters

1. Sony is going to overnight them so they can controll when they arrive (expensive).
2. Sony is working with UPS to hide the tracking info so you can't go to the UPS hub 2 hours away and get it on Friday before the US holiday and 4 days before the street date.

With the PS5 I tried to drive to my hub the Friday before and one UPS person was about to give me the box and another stopped them due to some sort of date restriction from the shipper.
My tracking says it's arriving via LTL, which is extremely slow shipping. The cheapest sort of drive you can get

SilentUser

Ill look them up, its ok I have a pc thats able to drive most VR games into the quest so we have some flexibility :)
In this case, might be worth checking Zenith, Among Us VR (no info yet, but I think crossplay is a given), Pavlov, Cave Digger 2, Altair Breaker. I think they all have crossplay, if my memory serves me well, but it is better to actually check it out 😅

Cohetedor

My ups tracking is in fact listed as next day air, shipping to Michigan so looks like option 1.

Sleepwalker

Not a fan of the thread title either
Yeah, could focus on some positivity instead of some tired debate about a measly wire haha

In this case, might be worth checking Zenith, Among Us VR (no info yet, but I think crossplay is a given), Pavlov, Cave Digger 2, Altair Breaker. I think they all have crossplay, if my memory serves me well, but it is better to actually check it out 😅
Awesome, will take a look at these. hopefully among us is crossplay

MastAndo

I have it sitting in my Sony store cart and I'm tempted to pull the trigger. I have only tried any sort of VR for a few minutes at a friend's house and that was a low-end unit a while ago. I really only have interest in GT7 and maybe Star Wars out of the launch lineup, but new toys are always fun, especially when it's something totally new. Decisions, decisions.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I have it sitting in my Sony store cart and I'm tempted to pull the trigger. I have only tried any sort of VR for a few minutes at a friend's house and that was a low-end unit a while ago. I really only have interest in GT7 and maybe Star Wars out of the launch lineup, but new toys are always fun, especially when it's something totally new. Decisions, decisions.

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

ssringo

Placed my order only a few days ago and just got an email saying my package is on the way and expected on the 22nd (not picked up by UPS). I guess UPS is going to be sorting a ton of these packages in the morning. Or their full of shit on delivery date. Happy to be wrong though!

Gamerguy84

VR and racing is amazing. If you play GT7 a lot it's probably worth it.
Placed my order only a few days ago and just got an email saying my package is on the way and expected on the 22nd (not picked up by UPS). I guess UPS is going to be sorting a ton of these packages in the morning. Or their full of shit on delivery date. Happy to be wrong though!
Mine says has been shipped but it's still sitting lol. Whatever I waited this long I can go another day.

Credit Card has been charged and paid off, my games are installed right now, spot is clear beside my PS5 and just playing the wait game. Salivating for GT7 though.

Question. How were regular PS4 games on PSVR? Is it like just a huge theater like screen? lol
Just wondering if playing something like GoW:R on PSVR 2 would be a good experience.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Question. How were regular PS4 games on PSVR? Is it just a huge theater like screen? lol
Just wondering if playing something like GoW:R on PSVR 2 would be a good experience.

Should be because of the hi resolution, OLED, HDR, and almost non existent screen door effect. I plan on playing regular games in it.

ssringo

Question. How were regular PS4 games on PSVR? Is it like just a huge theater like screen? lol
Digital Foundry put out a podcast (?) today and one of the questions was about playing flat screen games in the VR space. The guy answering was quite positive about the experience. Should be time stamped.

I hadn't even thought about PS4 games. I'll have to download Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown. The OLED should make them look amazing.

Delt31

Seems like we’re all in the same situation. Says shipped but label only. Mine does indicate overnight shipping so we’ll see. Better be here by Wednesday. I’m super pumped. Installed all the games I wanted - GT7, RE8, Star wars. Horizon bundle coming.

Last edited:

Boss Man

I got a G29 steering wheel in anticipation (got GT7 in anticipation but haven’t been able to stop playing), and was pretty disappointed. I think the DualSense feels better than the steering wheel. I returned it.

Maybe the $500 ones are better?

Just started playing with motion steering on the DualSense and that has surprised me a lot.

Crayon

We can come up with a new thread title and have mods change it.

Could just go with one of the slogans otherwise.

No slogan! Anything is better than an advertising slogan. See if anyone can come up with something really good.

Is the suggestion box officially open because I'm looking forward to everyone getting drunk and blurting out titles.

consoul

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of the current thread title. It acts as an unmissable signpost to say 'Dont even come in here trying this shit. We're onto you'.

This OT has not been drowned by concern trolling like virtually every other PSVR2 thread and I think the title is why.

And it makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Last edited:
Digital Foundry put out a podcast (?) today and one of the questions was about playing flat screen games in the VR space. The guy answering was quite positive about the experience. Should be time stamped.

I hadn't even thought about PS4 games. I'll have to download Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown. The OLED should make them look amazing.

It's encouraging to hear John say the screen is by far the best on the market, and that it's not just resolution, but the OLED and Brightness are a HUGE improvement.

That's one thing I didnt like about my PSVR or Oculus - the image was so dim and washed out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PSVR2 OT | TO 2RVSP

You have to cross your eyes to see the 3D.

Last edited:

Hawk269

I put in an order today at around 2pm or so Mountain Time (U.S.) for both the headset and charging dock and both have already shipped with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday the 22nd.

Top Bottom