• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

splattered

I just bought the Collective Minds compact charging stand... and THEN read that you can't turn the LED lights off. Wtf is that? I keep some of this stuff in my bedroom, hopefully it isn't crazy bright or anything :(

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I just bought the Collective Minds compact charging stand... and THEN read that you can't turn the LED lights off. Wtf is that? I keep some of this stuff in my bedroom, hopefully it isn't crazy bright or anything :(
This one?

Just get electrical tape. Just like I did on the DS4 controllers LED so they didn't reflect off the screen at night in the PS4 era.

Last edited:

splattered

This one?

Just get electrical tape. Just like I did on the DS4 controllers LED so they didn't reflect off the screen at night in the PS4 era.
Yeah that one... I mean the led is convenient to show charging levels I just wish I could turn it off when I need to sleep. Seems like a really nice base outside of that :/

Rob_27

Are there any table top rpg games in the works. Demeo is great but fancy more. An Aliens ttrpg would be my ideal game.

PanzerCute

Damn I am gutted one of my dualsense is fucked up and apparently I have no other option than to send the whole unit to Sony.

I was playing Moss 2 (9/10 game btw), just had a break for 2 minutes. I just put my dualsense on my table, went back and.now my left stick is drifting like crazy. Not a small drift like we are used with the bullshit quality of Sony product, but a very weird issue.

If I turn on the controller while being in the main menu of some games, the dualsense will work perfectly (so its not a mechanical problem or a stick issue), but as soon as I go back to the PS5 menu my left stick get stuck on the right side. Same behaviour with some games where I will be stuck rotating on the right.

Tried everything and apparently this is just a weird software issue..

Bought my headset to Sony directly, so hopefully it wont take long and I might get a new unit in the process.

But damn I'm pissed, and today I learn that Amazon has lost my copy of SF6 so its gonna take days before I get it.

splattered

My son and i set up the PSVR2 today... SO much cooler than the PSVR1 already but i kinda have an issue with blurry picture. I wear glasses and i don't know if that's part of it or what? Even getting it fully dialed in it just feels like it gets blurry/smeared at times out of nowhere. I can adjust the visor and it helps but it just never seems to stay really clear.

Is there a list somewhere online of the free/cheap PSVR2 game upgrades from PSVR1?

The collective minds charging station is really nice in person but I just did a bunch of testing with various cables and wall bricks and the ONLY one that will even charge the controllers is the wall adapter that the charging station comes with. The cable is only a couple feet long and I can't plug it into anything unless I put it all closer to the ground which I don't want to do. Wtfff

*just bought a 6ft USBC extension cable, hopefully it will work and work as originally intended.

WELP i just went to the PSVR2 section in the PS Store... $20-$40 for PS5/PSVR2 upgrade versions? WHAT IS THIS CRAP? Ugh...

AND TO TOP OFF THE NIGHT... while playing early on in the Horizon game my son realized the left controller stopped working. We did a bunch of testing... it stopped working in ALL the VR games. Works fine in menus. But no games now. WOW THANKS SONY! We googled it and this is a super common issue where people are just getting refunds because there is no official fix coming anytime soon? WHAT. THE. FUCK? (We tried several of the fixes people are reporting - zero of them worked!)

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I wear glasses and i don't know if that's part of it or what?
First I'm sorry about the troubles you're having. Nobody wants this shit when you're all excited about a new toy 😊

I also wear glasses and ordered some prescription lenses from VrOptician.
It is relatively cheap, around 100$ and for me the results are great. They are super easy to snap on the PSVR2 lenses and the freedom you get without glasses is priceless.

splattered

First I'm sorry about the troubles you're having. Nobody wants this shit when you're all excited about a new toy 😊

I also wear glasses and ordered some prescription lenses from VrOptician.
It is relatively cheap, around 100$ and for me the results are great. They are super easy to snap on the PSVR2 lenses and the freedom you get without glasses is priceless.

... Wait that's a thing? I've never heard of that! Awesome thank you!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Damn I am gutted one of my dualsense is fucked up and apparently I have no other option than to send the whole unit to Sony.

I was playing Moss 2 (9/10 game btw), just had a break for 2 minutes. I just put my dualsense on my table, went back and.now my left stick is drifting like crazy. Not a small drift like we are used with the bullshit quality of Sony product, but a very weird issue.

If I turn on the controller while being in the main menu of some games, the dualsense will work perfectly (so its not a mechanical problem or a stick issue), but as soon as I go back to the PS5 menu my left stick get stuck on the right side. Same behaviour with some games where I will be stuck rotating on the right.

Tried everything and apparently this is just a weird software issue..

Bought my headset to Sony directly, so hopefully it wont take long and I might get a new unit in the process.

But damn I'm pissed, and today I learn that Amazon has lost my copy of SF6 so its gonna take days before I get it.

Hold on............you have to send in your PSVR2 headset too?

splattered

Apparently you have to send everything yes. Too busy at work to call customer service but thats what I understood from reddit posts.

Hey, if I can get a whole new unit, I take it.
Right but from what i've been reading sending in and getting it fixed or getting a new unit doesnt even FIX the problem... still happening to people. Apparently this is a known issue but being kept quiet for whatever reason. I'm just going to let mine sit on the shelf and collect dust until a proper fix is released. Won't do any good to send it in and be without it anyway.

PanzerCute

Right but from what i've been reading sending in and getting it fixed or getting a new unit doesnt even FIX the problem... still happening to people. Apparently this is a known issue but being kept quiet for whatever reason. I'm just going to let mine sit on the shelf and collect dust until a proper fix is released. Won't do any good to send it in and be without it anyway.
Having the problem twice would be very unlucky. 99,9% of people dont have any issue. Thats the problem with new hardware, and we know the risk (even if that is infuriating)

Not gonna wait for a firmware update, and send my headset tomorrow.

Last edited:

splattered

Having the problem twice would be very unlucky. 99,9% of people dont have any issue. Thats the problem with new hardware, and we know the risk (even if that is infuriating)

Good luck! I really hope the issue is fixed for you :) If you search google and youtube and other places you will see this is far more common than it should be... i'm really surprised it isn't being reported on by any news outlets, this is pretty fucked up.

splattered

Hey if you haven't sent your headset in yet i just fixed my own sense controller that was dead in my games... i don't know WHAT part of this fixed it but i'll just tell you everything i did so you can try and replicate it and hopefully it fixes for you.

1) Turned on my PS5 console but not the PSVR2 headset yet.
2) Booted up Horizon VR with a regular dualsense controller.
3) Turned on the PSVR2 headset as instructed on the screen.
4) moved through the initial Horizon menu prompts with the dualsense controller.
5) selected continue to jump back into the game where i last left off.
6) turned on both VR controllers... the left controller joystick/buttons were still dead.
7) pressed the PS logo button on the left VR controller and it pushed me back to the PS5 system menu.
8) while in the PS5 system menu i held down the PS logo button long enough for it to disconnect from my PS5.
9) used the right VR controller to go back into the Horizon VR game.
10) held the PS logo button on the left controller until it turned back on/connected to the PS5 in-game and started working perfectly again.

(bonus) ran upstairs to tell my son i fixed it so he could come down and start playing it again, he was super happy.

PanzerCute

Hey if you haven't sent your headset in yet i just fixed my own sense controller that was dead in my games... i don't know WHAT part of this fixed it but i'll just tell you everything i did so you can try and replicate it and hopefully it fixes for you.

1) Turned on my PS5 console but not the PSVR2 headset yet.
2) Booted up Horizon VR with a regular dualsense controller.
3) Turned on the PSVR2 headset as instructed on the screen.
4) moved through the initial Horizon menu prompts with the dualsense controller.
5) selected continue to jump back into the game where i last left off.
6) turned on both VR controllers... the left controller joystick/buttons were still dead.
7) pressed the PS logo button on the left VR controller and it pushed me back to the PS5 system menu.
8) while in the PS5 system menu i held down the PS logo button long enough for it to disconnect from my PS5.
9) used the right VR controller to go back into the Horizon VR game.
10) held the PS logo button on the left controller until it turned back on/connected to the PS5 in-game and started working perfectly again.

(bonus) ran upstairs to tell my son i fixed it so he could come down and start playing it again, he was super happy.
Thank you man. Will try this after work. I didn't have the time to send my headset yet. Fingers crossed!

One question tho: is the stick still working when you go back to the PS menu? Cause I can play Moss, Puzzling Places, Demeo with no issue, but once I get back to the menu or I try another game, the left stick goes crazy again.

Really appreciate that you took the time to help me man, merci!

splattered

Thank you man. Will try this after work. I didn't have the time to send my headset yet. Fingers crossed!

One question tho: is the stick still working when you go back to the PS menu? Cause I can play Moss, Puzzling Places, Demeo with no issue, but once I get back to the menu or I try another game, the left stick goes crazy again.

Really appreciate that you took the time to help me man, merci!

It is working in the PS5 system menu fine but i haven't tried other games yet... i will have him try No Man's Sky when he wants a break from Horizon. Will report back :)

splattered

It is working in the PS5 system menu fine but i haven't tried other games yet... i will have him try No Man's Sky when he wants a break from Horizon. Will report back :)

My son booted up No Man's Sky and the left VR controller still wasn't working but he walked through the process stated and it started working again... though he said that the left joystick trigger can be iffy and seem to not register at times. So looks like we'll have to repeat this process per game... meh.

ajanke

Got the VR2 recently. What are some must haves? I really wish there was a demo disk for VR2. I had a lot of fun with the first one and I miss that soccer ball/head movement type game lol.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Got the VR2 recently. What are some must haves? I really wish there was a demo disk for VR2. I had a lot of fun with the first one and I miss that soccer ball/head movement type game lol.
Gran Turismo 7
Resident Evil Village
Moss Books 1 + 2
Saints & Sinners Chapters 1 + 2
Red Matter 2
Synth Riders
Pistol Whip
Puzzling Places
Pavlov
Runner
Walkabout Mini Golf

These are all great titles in a wide variety of genres. I'm sure there's some I missed.

Minsc

Gold Member

Have any other VR sets?

GT7 - Pinnacle of VR racing on PS systems
RE Village (assuming you can transition yourself to no vignetting and analog movement) - Incredible, immersive experience, with tons of variety
Red Matter 2 - Graphically the king, shorter puzzle-like game, do not miss, is the best looking game yet, above native res and 120fps.
Walkabout Mini Golf - Oozing with personality, lots of fun get the hole in one, has unique DLC, gets more intricate as later courses released.
Moss 1 / 2 - Platforming in VR, also tons of personality
Saints & Sinner 1 / 2 - If you're done with Village and want something more authentic for VR play
Tetris Effect - The classic but so much more awesome, surprisingly great in VR
Puzzling Places - Chill
Synth Riders or Beat Saber (I feel like SR is more optimized currently) - Might as well see what VR rhythm genre is all about
Demeo - Fun strategy game with tons of charm in VR, don't skip if you enjoy multiplayer one of the best, but even if not still great for strategy fans.
Thumper - Cheap to get and even more intense in VR
Horizon CotM - The PS VR2 tech demo that most enjoy quite a bit
Star Wars - Supposed to look great and be pretty great too towards the end / DLC
Another Fisherman's Tale - Puzzle / Adventure game, pretty decent word of mouth
No Man's Sky - Huge game, but still needs a bit more time to bake depending on your acceptance of lower res visuals
Townsman VR - Quirky sim / god game

Coming up
Synapse - Most anticipated actual VR game
RE4 - Most anticipated hybrid VR game

Last edited:

ajanke

Gt7, Re Village, Red Matter 2, Pavlov, Synth riders or Beat saber, Moss 1/2
Is beat saber a free upgrade? Had it on the first VR

Gran Turismo 7
Resident Evil Village
Moss Books 1 + 2
Saints & Sinners Chapters 1 + 2
Red Matter 2
Synth Riders
Pistol Whip
Puzzling Places
Pavlov
Runner
Walkabout Mini Golf

These are all great titles in a wide variety of genres. I'm sure there's some I missed.

Thanks!

Have any other VR sets?

GT7 - Pinnacle of VR racing on PS systems
RE Village (assuming you can transition yourself to no vignetting and analog movement) - Incredible, immersive experience, with tons of variety
Red Matter 2 - Graphically the king, shorter puzzle-like game, do not miss, is the best looking game yet, above native res and 120fps.
Walkabout Mini Golf - Oozing with personality, lots of fun get the hole in one, has unique DLC, gets more intricate as later courses released.
Moss 1 / 2 - Platforming in VR, also tons of personality
Saints & Sinner 1 / 2 - If you're done with Village and want something more authentic for VR play
Tetris Effect - The classic but so much more awesome, surprisingly great in VR
Puzzling Places - Chill
Synth Riders or Beat Saber (I feel like SR is more optimized currently) - Might as well see what VR rhythm genre is all about
Demeo - Fun strategy game with tons of charm in VR, don't skip if you enjoy multiplayer one of the best, but even if not still great for strategy fans.
Thumper - Cheap to get and even more intense in VR
Horizon CotM - The PS VR2 tech demo that most enjoy quite a bit
Star Wars - Supposed to look great and be pretty great too towards the end / DLC
Another Fisherman's Tale - Puzzle / Adventure game, pretty decent word of mouth
No Man's Sky - Huge game, but still needs a bit more time to bake depending on your acceptance of lower res visuals
Townsman VR - Quirky sim / god game

Coming up
Synapse - Most anticipated actual VR game
RE4 - Most anticipated hybrid VR game
Just PSVR2 I'll def try out some of these. thanks guys

Markio128

My personal favourite PSVR2 games are:

GT7
Pistol Whip
Red Matter 2
Moss 1 and 2
Beat Saber
Synth Riders
Zombieland
Tetris Connected
Walkabout Mini Golf

Whilst I’m too wimpy to play it, Resident Evil Village is a Big recommendation if you don’t mind being scared witless.

Last edited:

darthvargi

Really excited for the Arashi port. That was a game that came pretty late in the PSVR 1 lifecycle and had some issues with the combat so I missed it (the combat was greatly improved from what I've read later on in patches). I didn't expect that game to get a PSVR2 (along with a Steam and Quest) port, I had actually forgotten it existed. I wish the trailer wasn't pre-rendered but I suspect they did this due to it releasing on PSVR 2/Steam and then Quest. They don't want to show higher end graphics and mislead the Quest users (maybe I'm wrong here but that's my hope).

SilentUser

Welcome! Some of my personal favorites are: Resident Evil Village, Demeo, Red Matter 2, After the Fall (with friends), The Light Brigade, No Man's Sky (even though sometimes the res can go really low) and Puzzling Places.

If you have an inch of interest in Table Tennis, and want a little bit of a workout, try Racket Fury!

darthvargi

If you have an inch of interest in Table Tennis, and want a little bit of a workout, try Racket Fury!
Hopefully they either port it to PSVR 2 or Eleven comes out soon on the platform.

Top Bottom