• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Correct, no PSVR 1 games are compatible with PSVR 2. The developers need to port it natively to PSVR 2.

You can get the camera adapter and hook-up your PSVR 1 to the PS5 but you can't use the PSVR 2 hardware to play PSVR 1 games.

And this is another reason why PS VR2 is such a hard sell when you do have access to and cannot even play your old back catalogue of PS4 VR games on the new console using the improved headset.

Correct, no PSVR 1 games are compatible with PSVR 2. The developers need to port it natively to PSVR 2.

You can get the camera adapter and hook-up your PSVR 1 to the PS5 but you can't use the PSVR 2 hardware to play PSVR 1 games.
Yeah, read up about it right now. Thanks for the info and damn, wanted to spoil myself with the new headset and make a friend happy with my old 1.0 PSVR-Setup. I got the camera adapter for PS5 and without Racket Fury that 600€-sillyhat means nothing.
And this is another reason why PS VR2 is such a hard sell when you do have access to and cannot even play your old back catalogue of PS4 VR games on the new console using the improved headset.
Well, this...

Minsc

Gold Member

The main reason seems to be an entirely different camera/control setup (especially for stuff like Astrobot where actual functionality is now missing with PS VR2 hardware). But it is too bad.

CHEROKEEE

Wow... WANDERER looks exactly like the kind of game, that I bought my PSVR2 for... and that makes Sonys currently lacking 1st party support all that much more bearable :messenger_peace::messenger_sunglasses:

Why on earth where trailers like this and Arashi not included in Sonys recent showcase ?? Would´ve made the whole event much more worthwhile... well at least for us VR enthusiasts

SilentUser

People complained enough, they would have complained even more for this niche and fun product. Then again, we always complain, never satiated.
Yeah, you could be right. I'm amazed by how retrograde many gamers are! They see a VR titles being announced and flip off lol Still, would love to see those games there, making the showcase really exciting for PSVR2 owners.

That's my biggest issue right now. You have the games, just put them all together, time them, and show them in a small 20-minute VR Showcase or State of Play.
I would love a VR oriented SoP! Count me in when it happens :p

BTW, here is the trailer for Pixel Ripped 1995

sncvsrtoip

That's my biggest issue right now. You have the games, just put them all together, time them, and show them in a small 20-minute VR Showcase or State of Play.
I think Meta has bought ads rights for few games like 7th Quest, Vampire: The Masquerade, BulletStorm. Tough they probably could still present Wanderer, Hubris or Grimlord.

PanzerCute

Problem with Sony communication is not only linked to PSVR2. Like even for PS5 its absolutely terrible and give the impression of a company that doesnt want to connect with its audience anymore.

And it doesnt feel like they understand their audience anymore. Super hero games? GaaS? Remakes of 10 year old games? Fuck that, Playstation success has never been about that kind of products.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Man, not even Superhot VR is compatible with VR2? A real shame. Now I really consider to look for a good PC-VR-Setup. :/
No PSVR games will directly work with PSVR2. It sucks, but at least there's legitatmate reasons why.

More and more games are getting ports and lots of other games are getting announced frequently. Not all games will get ports or upgrades, so PCVR is still a fair option if you want to go that route.

Last edited:
No PSVR games will directly work with PSVR2. It sucks, but at least there's legitatmate reasons why.

More and more games are getting ports and lots of other games are getting announced frequently. Not all games will get ports or upgrades, so PCVR is still a fair option if you want to go that route.
Yeah, got that, was a bit to giddy with just one cable and all... but my most two most played PSVR-games not compatible is a real bummer... thing is, everything on par in the PC market is a LOT more expensive.

NickFire

Alright alright alright. Got the Horizon bundle, bought RE: Village on sale for 20, and spent $10 to upgrade Saints and Sinners chapter 1 (from PS+). Already had GT7 of course.

Haven't really had a chance to do much with it cause after-work commitments, but looking forward to some long VR nights. Only tried GT7 so far. What a cool experience.

Most looking forward to RE Village outside of GT7. Held off from buying it before so will play entire story for first time in VR. Regular games with full VR is what finally pushed me over the edge.

Plan going forward is work the sales for the most part. Would have gotten no mans sky but 1/2 deal just expired so I'll hold off. But crossfire may be a week 1 pick up depending on reviews.

Minsc

Gold Member
Alright alright alright. Got the Horizon bundle, bought RE: Village on sale for 20, and spent $10 to upgrade Saints and Sinners chapter 1 (from PS+). Already had GT7 of course.

Haven't really had a chance to do much with it cause after-work commitments, but looking forward to some long VR nights. Only tried GT7 so far. What a cool experience.

Most looking forward to RE Village outside of GT7. Held off from buying it before so will play entire story for first time in VR. Regular games with full VR is what finally pushed me over the edge.

Plan going forward is work the sales for the most part. Would have gotten no mans sky but 1/2 deal just expired so I'll hold off. But crossfire may be a week 1 pick up depending on reviews.

RE Village is so good, you're in for a real treat with that one. It plays better standing and with analog movement and no vignetting, I set turn speed to 6 and it worked great. Such a memorable VR experience IMO.

PanzerCute

Yeah, got that, was a bit to giddy with just one cable and all... but my most two most played PSVR-games not compatible is a real bummer... thing is, everything on par in the PC market is a LOT more expensive.
The headset released only 4 months ago, many ports will come and especially for a game like Superhot which sold extremely well in VR.

ajanke

If you have an inch of interest in Table Tennis, and want a little bit of a workout, try Racket Fury!
I do. I love VR Sports games lol. Just knocked out apollo creed senior with drago lol. I still miss that head ball soccer game thing.

NickFire

I know RE4 is getting VR support at some point. Are there any other "regular" big budget games that can be played entirely in VR besides Village and GT yet?

Minsc

Gold Member
I know RE4 is getting VR support at some point. Are there any other "regular" big budget games that can be played entirely in VR besides Village and GT yet?

What I wouldn't give to have the answer be some nice long list of dozens of AAA hybrid games, sadly no. That's about the extent of the most powerful VR system on the market capable of running nearly every console game, yet it does not.

I guess you could say No Mans Sky is a regular big game, or Saints and Sinners or a few others if you go in to VR territory and not hybrid territory, but nothing is on the level of GT7 or RE8/RE4 sadly. Unless you have PC VR I guess then there's a bunch of unofficial mods to get games in VR.

Not having Skyrim sucks, I bet it would have looked pretty nice on VR2. Hopefully we get some hybrid RPG eventually.

Last edited:

NickFire

What I wouldn't give to have the answer be some nice long list of dozens of AAA hybrid games, sadly no. That's about the extent of the most powerful VR system on the market capable of running nearly every console game, yet it does not.

I guess you could say No Mans Sky is a regular big game, or Saints and Sinners or a few others if you go in to VR territory and not hybrid territory, but nothing is on the level of GT7 or RE8/RE4 sadly. Unless you have PC VR I guess then there's a bunch of unofficial mods to get games in VR.

Not having Skyrim sucks, I bet it would have looked pretty nice on VR2. Hopefully we get some hybrid RPG eventually.
Well, I've had it for less than two days and already own 2, with plans to try NMS when its on sale again, and RE4 when it comes out. Still a way better spot than I was in last week. :messenger_beaming:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wow... WANDERER looks exactly like the kind of game, that I bought my PSVR2 for... and that makes Sonys currently lacking 1st party support all that much more bearable :messenger_peace::messenger_sunglasses:

Why on earth where trailers like this and Arashi not included in Sonys recent showcase ?? Would´ve made the whole event much more worthwhile... well at least for us VR enthusiasts

Because Jim Ryan is pathetic. Dude doesn't have a clue!

Last edited:

drezz

Wanderer

Didnt see anyone else post it!

Im blind sorry!

Also coming too Steam VR!

Last edited:

SilentUser

Shamelessly stolen from Resetera:

Check this AMA with Hubris's Game Director, specially these parts:

The resolution is considerably sharper because we can upsample a lot due to foveated rendering, so all the textures etc will look way sharper then on Desktop unless you had a super high end rig which could already super sample x2 or x3
Then we also applied a really big patch changing a lot of the issues the desktop version still had, changed voicovers, changed reloading, updated the AI, added a sound track, ...
I think the ps vr 2 will get better every update from now on, a good example will be future improvements to their reprojection system which they are working on right now.

I love the use of Foveated Rendering on Red Matter 2, the game is mega sharp! Also, improving the reprojection system will be outstanding, hopefully Sony will make it happen. It helps turning the PSVR2 future proof, imo.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Shamelessly stolen from Resetera:

Check this AMA with Hubris's Game Director, specially these parts:

I love the use of Foveated Rendering on Red Matter 2, the game is mega sharp! Also, improving the reprojection system will be outstanding, hopefully Sony will make it happen. It helps turning the PSVR2 future proof, imo.

GT7 already looks and plays amazing, I can only imagine an update to the reprojection system it uses.

PanzerCute

Just sent my broken controler to Sony to get a new one. Should take 2 weeks according to them. Didn't have to send the headset as apparently my issue is just "mechanical" and not software-related.

At least I can still play GT7 and the Mizuguchi games.

I can already feel that I'm going to be full retard when I get my controller back and buy 4-5 new games. I want to play Hubris, Until You Fall, Synapse and Switchback (once the big IQ patch drops later this month) at the very least. That will make a total of 30/31 games bought in total since launch.

But hey, according to some people in this forum, PSVR2 has no games.

Last edited:

splattered

Just sent my broken controler to Sony to get a new one. Should take 2 weeks according to them. Didn't have to send the headset as apparently my issue is just "mechanical" and not software-related.

At least I can still play GT7 and the Mizuguchi games.

I can already feel that I'm going to be full retard when I get my controller back and buy 4-5 new games. I want to play Hubris, Until You Fall, Synapse and Switchback (once the big IQ patch drops later this month) at the very least. That will make a total of 30/31 games bought in total since launch.

But hey, according to some people in this forum, PSVR2 has no games.

Let us know how your replacement controller goes, we've found we can disconnect and reconnect a controller in a VR game to get the controller working again... Don't understand how this is a mechanical issue and not a software/firmware issue. I kinda feel like Sony support are full of crap at this point.

PanzerCute

Let us know how your replacement controller goes, we've found we can disconnect and reconnect a controller in a VR game to get the controller working again... Don't understand how this is a mechanical issue and not a software/firmware issue. I kinda feel like Sony support are full of crap at this point.
We don't have the same issue I think. My issue is the right stick completely stuck on the right, and this happened while playing a game. It's just a manufacturing error or a faulty stick.

If I remember correctly, your issue is one of the controller not working at all, which supposedly is tied to a niche software issue, which explains that you can still bypass that problem and play with your PSVR2 by doing some weird stuff :D That also explain why some people had to send the full system back and not only the faulty controler.

I tried to go on Horizon menu and do what you advised me on your last post (thanks again man, btw!) : nothing worked, and I can see the stick stuck on the right (as the controlers are 100% materialized on screen) without any possibility to move it even for one millimeter.

splattered

We don't have the same issue I think. My issue is the right stick completely stuck on the right, and this happened while playing a game. It's just a manufacturing error or a faulty stick.

If I remember correctly, your issue is one of the controller not working at all, which supposedly is tied to a niche software issue, which explains that you can still bypass that problem and play with your PSVR2 by doing some weird stuff :D That also explain why some people had to send the full system back and not only the faulty controler.

I tried to go on Horizon menu and do what you advised me on your last post (thanks again man, btw!) : nothing worked, and I can see the stick stuck on the right (as the controlers are 100% materialized on screen) without any possibility to move it even for one millimeter.
Ugh that sucks man, best of luck! <3

Yeah, read up about it right now. Thanks for the info and damn, wanted to spoil myself with the new headset and make a friend happy with my old 1.0 PSVR-Setup. I got the camera adapter for PS5 and without Racket Fury that 600€-sillyhat means nothing.

Well, this...

That was my initial intention as well, instead I ended up puchasing some more PSVR1 titles pretty cheap to keep me busy while I decide my next move. If I could play all my old titles or I could use it on a PC I could have justified the upgrade . For Now I'll enjoy the PSVR1, maybe we will see all of the PSVR1 games converted in the next couple years and/or the the next PSVR2 revision will be wireless or have pancake lenses. If nothing changes I'll likely skip it anf pick up a PC VR headset in a couple years . If sony is going to make me rebuild my VR library I may as well opt out.

Pelao

I've been playing Until You Fall while taking breaks from FFXVI, and I'm liking it a lot. I didn't play the PSVR1 version, but my understanding is that the only graphical improvement it has is the resolution (it does look pretty sharp), so I get the disappointment I've seen in some places with the lack of a free upgrade, but if, like me, you have no previous experience with the game, I highly recommend it on PSVR2. It's a ton of fun.

Also, I got the platinum trophy for Kizuna AI - Touch the Beat. It took me a few months of playing it a little bit every day, but it's my first platinum on PSVR2. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom