• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible huge pricing error at Gamestop.com | 2 Series S for the price of 1

ReBurn

Gold Member
Dream is dead for me. Both boxes were sitting at my local facility for a few days and we're suddenly rerouted last night back to their origins.

Charge back initiated as I don't trust them to get my money back in a timely manner in the slightest considering the events lol.

Congrats to those who got em!
I wonder if GameStop forgot about all of the emails they sent out with this verbiage:

The promo as displayed in the product page was to add the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to your order for $9.99. Rest assured you will be receiving the Xbox Series S Digital Edition Fortnite & Rocket League bundle along with the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Because this was our mistake, we will be providing the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate absolutely free to you while also removing the incorrectly priced console from your order.

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion this may have caused. And as an added bonus, below you’ll find a $10 Coupon Code for your next GameStop.com purchase

Someone out there probably is going to try to hold them accountable to that. They pretty much made a promise to some people that they were going to ship that bundle.

FrozenFlame

Well well well

qVwXAUD.png

Ls4u19L.png

No shipping notice, no tracking number, no nothing. Just a random fedex dropoff about 20 minutes ago.
1965861_1.jpg

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I wonder if GameStop forgot about all of the emails they sent out with this verbiage:

Someone out there probably is going to try to hold them accountable to that. They pretty much made a promise to some people that they were going to ship that bundle.
If I really wanted the Series S I would call and make a fuss but I dont have the energy.

I am hoping my chargeback goes through and I can wipe my hands.

SegaShack

Anyone have the order price "authorization in progress" in Paypal? Mines been that way since the start.

Last edited:

elliot5

Fortnite bundle was showing no movement STILL, but while the carrier website shows no change, the gamestop email for my delivered S has a link to track the other S and THAT page shows it was picked up in Dallas yesterday night and should be delivered today? HOLD

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Fortnite bundle was showing no movement STILL, but while the carrier website shows no change, the gamestop email for my delivered S has a link to track the other S and THAT page shows it was picked up in Dallas yesterday night and should be delivered today? HOLD
Which carrier?

elliot5

AH never heard of them. Can't be worse than the current state of Fed Ex! Yes, Im still salty.
All my FedEx packages so far have come through, including the standard S that arrived today. I had shit experience with UPS this past week, too. Nothing more frustrating than delivery issues especially on expensive products :goog_pensive:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So if I'm following this correctly some people got 2 xss and extras free
Some got 1 xss free
Some were charged 350 is and got both
Some 350 got 1
Some charged and got nothing?
This sure has been bananas
Jimmy Fallon Yep GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

SegaShack

So if I'm following this correctly some people got 2 xss and extras free
Some got 1 xss free
Some were charged 350 is and got both
Some 350 got 1
Some charged and got nothing?
This sure has been bananas
I have an XSS and a pending authorization for 320. Not sure what to do.

kiphalfton

Finally got my second XSS, however, my Citi credit card still has two pending charges. One for $309.98 and one for $299.99. Been that way since November 25th and November 27th, respectively. Not sure why they haven't been pushed through yet?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Finally got my second XSS, however, my Citi credit card still has two pending charges. One for $309.98 and one for $299.99. Been that way since November 25th and November 27th, respectively. Not sure why they haven't been pushed through yet?
Whats your order say on the website

elliot5

unknown.png

This is where I'm at for the fortnite $10 one. Nothing today, unless magically it appears by 9 PM. Holding out hope it arrives on Saturday.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Boxes should be back to their shipping center today. I have zero faith they will actually do a refund considering their order page is still fucked up.

What would be more hilarious if if they ship one of em back out.

Im hoping this story is over for me soon...

RareJordan

So a few days ago I ended up with one Xbox and final charge for $316. Order history on the website matches up.

However I just got another random $299 charge from Gamestop. Seriously annoyed right now. I recommend everyone check their accounts.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So a few days ago I ended up with one Xbox and final charge for $316. Order history on the website matches up.

However I just got another random $299 charge from Gamestop. Seriously annoyed right now. I recommend everyone check their accounts.
What do you mean final charge? Did they refund partial? The $20 for the fortnite?

RareJordan

What do you mean final charge? Did they refund partial? The $20 for the fortnite?

When I placed the initial order I was charged $343 for the 2 Xbox SS + Tax + Expedited shipping. Then I randomly got another pending charge for $299. Both charges eventually dropped off. Then the full priced Xbox SS was delivered and they charged me $316 (which doesnt make any sense, it's not even the right amount of tax for where I live) and the $9.99 Fortnite one was officially canceled.

I figured that was the end of it. Today I have a new pending charge for $299. I just got off the phone with my bank and GS on 3-way. Apparently I'm being charged for a mysterious 3rd Series S console that I never ordered, and GS rep had to escelate my issue to Tier 2 because she was unable to refund me. It's quite honestly a mess. I don't understand how they can be this disorganized.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
When I placed the initial order I was charged $343 for the 2 Xbox SS + Tax + Expedited shipping. Then I randomly got another pending charge for $299. Both charges eventually dropped off. Then the full priced Xbox SS was delivered and they charged me $316 (which doesnt make any sense, it's not even the right amount of tax for where I live) and the $9.99 Fortnite one was officially canceled.

I figured that was the end of it. Today I have a new pending charge for $299. I just got off the phone with my bank and GS on 3-way. Apparently I'm being charged for a mysterious 3rd Series S console that I never ordered, and GS rep had to escelate my issue to Tier 2 because she was unable to refund me. It's quite honestly a mess. I don't understand how they can be this disorganized.

I wonder if this is what's gonna happen to me when the two consoles get back to GS.

I got an order in my email for a third box on the same order as the OG but when I check the website it's not there.

My gut is telling me this isn't gonna end when they their boxes back.

Im surprised they even 3 way called you in. The third charge wasn't authorized in the slightest. They should have just blocked the charge

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Used the GPU code with no problems so I'm set for 4 months for $1. GameStop wins tho cause I used the $10 coupon for a headset. Was really surprised at how bad wired headsets sound plugged into the controller. Can't wait for my Christmas holiday.

elliot5

It says that the fulfilment center refused the delivery.........

What.
im still sitting on that picked up in dallas status from the night of Dec 2. No clue when or if it'll arrive. Maybe today, maybe Monday or Tuesday... If not by the end of next week I think itll be a dead dream

elliot5

unknown.png

Left is what GameStop reports and right is what the carrier website shows. Gamestop shows Picked Up but the Carrier has never updated since it first "shipped" on 11/26. Even the 11/29 was there since then. I feel like I'll end up like some of these other posters where a box just magically arrives one day

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I got a third Series S today. So in total, I received two Fortnite bundles and one regular Series S. CC was charged $320 and $299. I disputed the $299 and it got removed after I provided the original receipt.
So you got 3 for 1? lol. Geniuses at work at GS.

Make sure they dont grill you for that third one. That's a keeper as well. Pretty sure the law is if a company sends you something you didn't order (in your name), you get to keep it. They cant retroactive bill you for it just because you accepted the package.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

So you got 3 for 1? lol. Geniuses at work at GS.

Make sure they dont grill you for that third one. That's a keeper as well. Pretty sure the law is if a company sends you something you didn't order (in your name), you get to keep it. They cant retroactive bill you for it just because you accepted the package.

Yea, I wasn't expecting a third Series S to show up. I disputed the $299 charge last week after I got the second console, thinking that that was it.

elliot5

Yea, I wasn't expecting a third Series S to show up. I disputed the $299 charge last week after I got the second console, thinking that that was it.
i think u got my fortnite series s that hasn't arrived yet feel free to ship it my way ;)

edit: as I say that I check and FINALLY it's updated 5 min ago as an inbound scan at destination in my town

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The packages are now back in a different location than yesterday. They delivered them to a different facility it seems in the same state but the tracking says it was a different city? Sounds legit.

Nothing refunded. Paypal is "waiting to hear back" from Gamestop about this order.

I got a third Series S today. So in total, I received two Fortnite bundles and one regular Series S. CC was charged $320 and $299. I disputed the $299 and it got removed after I provided the original receipt.
I would keep the thrid. Legally that's still GS property and they easily could demand it back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would keep the thrid. Legally that's still GS property and they easily could demand it back.
Actually, in the US you're allowed to keep any "unsolicited package" that anyone sends you. It's a consumer protection that stops companies from sending you items then charging you for them after the fact. Gamestop could "ask" for the console to be returned, but you would be under no obligation.

In order to either get the Xbox or money back from you, Gamestop would need to take you to court at this point.

Actually, in the US you're allowed to keep any "unsolicited package" that anyone sends you. It's a consumer protection that stops companies from sending you items then charging you for them after the fact. Gamestop could "ask" for the console to be returned, but you would be under no obligation.

In order to either get the Xbox or money back from you, Gamestop would need to take you to court at this point.
Damn. That's nice.
TIL

AmuroChan

So, is it better for me to just bring the console back to a Gamestop and return it? I don't want to have to keep a console in box forever because one day Gamestop may take me to court.

Top Bottom