• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS now links - 12 months for 49.99

Banjo64

cumsessed
The Polka King Money GIF by NETFLIX
R.fc754265db32efa069d7fb43325a5b68

It’s the art of the deal.

June

So if I already got a few years left of PS Plus, this will stack stack after my regular sub ends or begin now?

the Now sub begins now, for sure.

what happens in June when the Now merges into Premium we dont know. it could stack stack or it could just merge with plus and you get no extra years of plus. we dont know yet

this deal is for sure good for people who dont have plus or who running out of plus soon. for those who have plus stacked for years you could just be paying $60 bucks for the new Now benefits

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Holy shit MGS4 looks like crap on streaming 😳
Restricted to 720p too.
I know most games ran at that or below but they allowed 1080p it would solve the looking like shit problem..... maybe

Synless

Holy shit MGS4 looks like crap on streaming 😳
Restricted to 720p too.
I know most games ran at that or below but they allowed 1080p it would solve the looking like shit problem..... maybe
Well, MGS4 was 1024x768 so it was going to look like shit no matter what on anything greater than a 1080p set… It looked low res when it came out.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well, MGS4 was 1024x768 so it was going to look like shit no matter what on anything greater than a 1080p set… It looked low res when it came out.
I actually still have my PS3 out and it doesn't look that bad on my 4k screen.
Just because it's 720p doesn't mean it has to look shit, I have a bunch of 720p content that's have high bitrates and looks fantastic on my 4k screen.
This is really down to the bitrates

Just because it's 720p doesn't mean it has to look shit, I have a bunch of 720p content that's have high bitrates and looks fantastic on my 4k screen.
i dunno but when i was playing some switch games on my 4k tv at some popint it begin to hurt my eye.

SkylineRKR

Seems to be impossible here. Sony only offers monthly subs now and 12 month cards are out of stock everywhere.

EDIT: Spain link works it seems.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Well well well
Same price as Gamepass, 2x stacked, prepaid until 2024. It’s mostly PS4 games now but I just played Raiden V and downloaded a whole bunch of other games. Not a bad start!
👌

So people think the stacking works for premium? That might just be the first month, then Sony take you back down to extra unless youre willing to FORK some more over.. that being said thats still a 40$ discount.

Synless

Oh yeah, no doubt. I was just pointing out it cant possibly help. I did a platinum run two years back on my PS3 so after what felt like an eternity of playthroughs, I began to nitpick the shit out of everything in the game. The resolution was certainly one of them.

reinking

Gold Member
I'm currently paid up until August 2023 with my PS Plus. Not sure this is worth doing to bump my plus up to premium. If they had Champions of Norrath on the sub I would do it in a heartbeat.

Fredrik

So people think the stacking works for premium? That might just be the first month, then Sony take you back down to extra unless youre willing to FORK some more over.. that being said thats still a 40$ discount.
I’m not worried, they know it’s good PR to get enthusiast gamers excited instead of cranky.

As far as I’m concerned this is exactly what Sony needed, a cheap entry price. Stubborn PS fans who hate subscriptions will probably moan for awhile but when they see friends play this and that without thinking twice they’ll jump in too. Can’t wait to see some PS5 games arrive!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Um the link doesn’t work. Paid for 3 years of PS Now and it doesn’t reflect on my account. Can’t use PS Now.

Roufianos

Hmm tempted to do this but Sony are the kind of cunty nickle and dimers who'd catch into this and demote your subscription tier.

ReBurn

Gold Member
So if you stack these and get 3 years for $180 does that mean it was free since they didn't charge you a dollar?

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Ah ok. Second question: why are you interested in this now that it's being bundled with PS+? Why didn't you get PS now earlier? From the description it's the same thing.
Not the person you responded to but maybe because they are adding PS5 games?

ManaByte

Gold Member
So when I try to play Shadow Warrior 3 it says I don’t have a sub. But I played Motorstorm Apocalypse and Sonic the Fighters fine.

SkylineRKR

I just noticed my Plus will expire late May. So this is a good deal since Now is going to be Premium shortly after that.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
At least new ps plus has a way of pulling a scam like Xbox game pass had. It’s going to skew the numbers in theory as it will almost make it the same cost as the 1 dollar trick if you stack three years. I’m not going to risk it though lol. I hope Sony can sustain the service on all these users that are pulling this trick. It’s all over hot uk deals now too ;)

Withnail

I bought a year using Shopto credit so it cost me about £43. I didn't have Now and my PS+ expires in June so in theory this will be nearly 10 months of PS+ Extra for £43. I had Now in the past but didn't use it enough to make it worth renewing. But it sounds like the catalogue will be much better from June.

However I wouldn't be completely surprised if the conversion works differently to current expectations. A better conversion from Sony's point of view would be to convert months when you have both services (Now AND PS+) to PS+ Extra, and months when you only have one service (Now OR PS+) to PS+ Essential. Not trying to give them ideas but this makes more sense and would close this loophole.

Anyway worst case I just extended my PS+ Essential so not going to lose anything either way.

jm89

I bought a year using Shopto credit so it cost me about £43. I didn't have Now and my PS+ expires in June so in theory this will be nearly 10 months of PS+ Extra for £43. I had Now in the past but didn't use it enough to make it worth renewing. But it sounds like the catalogue will be much better from June.

However I wouldn't be completely surprised if the conversion works differently to current expectations. A better conversion from Sony's point of view would be to convert months when you have both services (Now AND PS+) to PS+ Extra, and months when you only have one service (Now OR PS+) to PS+ Essential. Not trying to give them ideas but this makes more sense and would close this loophole.

Anyway worst case I just extended my PS+ Essential so not going to lose anything either way.
The problem with either of those options is people who are subscribed to psnow even without the loophole will lose the ability to stream, taking away a feature they signed up for.

NinjaBoiX

I figure it will. It would be weird if you already have a long lasting Now sub, and suddenly only 1 year gets converted.

I took one year though, I'm not sure if its going to be worth it. Its still Sony.
Fair.

I have 3 years of GP Ultimate I snagged with the loophole, it’d be nice to have PS Premium sorted for the same time, I might just chance it…

As others have said, I really can’t see them only upgrading for a maximum of a year in this example let’s say. That would mean that for the other two years you’d be missing key aspects of a service you’d already paid for.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I figure it will. It would be weird if you already have a long lasting Now sub, and suddenly only 1 year gets converted.

I took one year though, I'm not sure if its going to be worth it. Its still Sony.
What I’m weighing up. £45 is still a decent whack when I can just sub for £10.99 to complete Returnal. This is amazing if you want online play too though.

SkylineRKR

What I’m weighing up. £45 is still a decent whack when I can just sub for £10.99 to complete Returnal. This is amazing if you want online play too though.

Yeah you can grab a month, and easily beat Returnal within that month. The game is worth a purchase though, its very replayable.

Fredrik

I think so based off their current wording, have committed upto 2026 and if they don't, I suspect I will be asking for a refund or jumping on the nearest class action lawsuit.
I wouldn’t expect to have any luck refunding or succeeding in a lawsuit, it’s a gamble as I see it, the fine print already says they can change the pricing. If it works then woohoo and if it doesn’t it’s no big deal as long as I’ve at least got to play a few games I wanted to play.

Returnal and Miles Morales are the big ones for me, can’t wait to try those. Raiden V, Shadow of the Beast and a few other games I’ve already tried are sweet bonuses. I tried original FF7 too, nostalgia overload, haven’t played it since the PS1 days 🥰

Top Bottom