• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS now links - 12 months for 49.99

I honestly don't get how they are going to justify saying if you have PS+ you go straight onto essentials, but if you don't have PS+ and you have a PSNow subsription you go straight into our top tier offering worth three times the ammount you are currently paying, that just doesnt make any sense

I could understand it if they said if you have both PS+ and PSNow then you go straight into the top tier, but not just PSNow, thats shitting on PS+ subscribers big time from a value perspective

I'd do this myself but I just don't understand how they are going to just give people with a £40 a year subscription a £80 upgrade free of charge, there has to be some catch to this
Yes this part puzzle me... What would happen to those with both ps now and ps plus

Gamerguy84

Yes this part puzzle me... What would happen to those with both ps now and ps plus

I can let you know but the email they sent kind of explained it as a price break.

u85Lsa5.jpg

Gamerguy84

That doesn;t really explain muchm, like example what happen if i have both 1 year of ps plus and 1 year of ps now when the conversion happen
I don't think anyone knows.

Probably roll you into premium either for your remaining time on one of those or add the time together and roll you into premium for that amount.

Just so we're clear none of these stacked subsubscriptions count for the amunt of "real subscibers" to this obviouslt unsustainable service?

hats how this works right?

Shmunter

I honestly don't get how they are going to justify saying if you have PS+ you go straight onto essentials, but if you don't have PS+ and you have a PSNow subsription you go straight into our top tier offering worth three times the ammount you are currently paying, that just doesnt make any sense

I could understand it if they said if you have both PS+ and PSNow then you go straight into the top tier, but not just PSNow, thats shitting on PS+ subscribers big time from a value perspective

I'd do this myself but I just don't understand how they are going to just give people with a £40 a year subscription a £80 upgrade free of charge, there has to be some catch to this
Because Jim Ryan likes the chowder. Rubbing his hands about getting some regular plus subs to bump up and give him more clams. It’s all about the cheese.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
You may be right, but Sony saying "Hey, all you £60 PS+ subscribers, give us more money if you want premium. All you £40 a year PSNow subscribers, yeh you need to give us nothing to enjoy everything" just doesnt sit right with me
I guess you should have bought PSNow? I have Plus and do not feel cheated at all. I'm still getting what I paid for. It does not take away from my service if PSNow subscribers get something else.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Silly comparison. Sony aren't offering day one releases on their exclusives and alot of big third party titles, so cost of running the service is alot lower.
So, basically Sony are making so much money out of their service and users that they will make money no matter what but its different for ms?

So what you're telling me is MSs service is actually too good?....why is anyone complaining about it?

Fredrik

Tried playing Detroit streamed (awful streaming quality) while it downloaded and then swapped to the installed version later. Couldn’t use the same save though, had to start over. Do I need PS+ for save file transfer?

Hm, I was able to purchase a Now subscription card at a local retailer a couple of days ago.
I just redeemed it no problem into my account, but for some reason the subscription does not show under "subscription management".
I still only see my standard PS Now subscription as active for a few more years. I should be seeing both subscriptions under there, right?

EDIT: Sub seems to be working as I can use the app on my PC.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This sounds vague. I got a year of PS Now as my Plus runs out next month. From the PS Now tab on the console it clearly says it will be migrated to Premium. But it seems its not the case if one of your subs expires? So I likely have to sub to Plus again, which would double the cost anyway.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Good to see Sony allowing their own tricks to stack the new ps plus. I'm still holding out to see how the service is first though. I'll let you lot be the guinea pigs. :)

Fredrik

Good to see Sony allowing their own tricks to stack the new ps plus. I'm still holding out to see how the service is first though. I'll let you lot be the guinea pigs. :)
I already got to play some games I wouldn’t have played otherwise so for me it has started on a positive note even before the new service starts.

If you split it up it’s only $5/month, that’s a steal as I see it.
This pizza, from a pizza vending machine cost me $10, only lasted about 15 minutes nomnom
DTrXEEo.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It seems the link does not work anymore?
Says forbidden now
On top of the proper PS Now sub stacking, I did manage to get 2x12 months PS Now cards for the Belgium PSN 🇧🇪 if anyone wants it at a reduced price 😂. Yeah, forgot again about the fact they are still flaunting common market rules…

T-Cake

This sounds vague. I got a year of PS Now as my Plus runs out next month. From the PS Now tab on the console it clearly says it will be migrated to Premium. But it seems its not the case if one of your subs expires? So I likely have to sub to Plus again, which would double the cost anyway.

Same as me. My PS Plus expires next month but at the changeover point in June, I'll still have an active PS Now sub - which should convert to the PS+ Premium tier. The same should happen to you. You don't have to have both.

Well, of course, I'm assuming that my account will change over in June. Sony says it will be staggered over the remainder of the year. So knowing my luck, I'll be converted in November after my PS Now sub runs out in October. 😂

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned
I already got to play some games I wouldn’t have played otherwise so for me it has started on a positive note even before the new service starts.

If you split it up it’s only $5/month, that’s a steal as I see it.
This pizza, from a pizza vending machine cost me $10, only lasted about 15 minutes nomnom
DTrXEEo.jpg

...and looks like shit....

Pizza from a vending machine... as an Italian I feel offended
Oh My God Omg GIF by Laff

Fredrik

...and looks like shit....

Pizza from a vending machine... as an Italian I feel offended
Oh My God Omg GIF by Laff
Hey it’s a new thing here, had to try it, you fiddle on a touch screen and a steaming hot pizza comes out from a slot in 3 minutes, feels like science fiction! 😁

Wasn’t fantastic or anything but I love pizza so for me it can’t be all bad but I’d love to taste a proper italian pizza. At my location we usually have to pay extra just for mozzarella cheese, the norm is some boring standard cheese. One pizza place are folding in mozzarella cheese into the edges, cost a bit more but it’s awesome 👌

Last edited:
i have a year of ps now, if i add a year of ps plus, would i get 2 year ish of ps premium? Also, my local store have ps now card but they are only 3 month version for 24.99

Last edited:
Top Bottom