• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 and GC Resident Evil 4 Screenshot Comparison!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borys said:
Leguna - you fucking suck at comparisons.

Let me show you how we do it in Europe:

GCN
012np.jpg

PS2
028cb.jpg

GCN
033rh.jpg

PS2
127gg.jpg

GCN
080zl.jpg

PS2
045zj.jpg

GCN
113dr.jpg

PS2
053ah.jpg

GCN
101jd.jpg

PS2
066zh.jpg

Looking at those comparisons I can't identify a differense at all. The only one I really expect is that the PS2 will have the ugly filtering while GC will look better and cleaner. Really though I couldn't see any polygon or texture loss in these screens.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Can I be enlightened as to why people still give a fuck about this?

Actually, don't worry about it.

GC version looks a little better, but not enough to put it way on top of the other one IMO.

Thankfully, tomorrow I'll finally have the GC version. And later on I'll probably get the PS2 version.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Rocket9 said:
optometrie_red.jpg

"This one or this one? This one or this one? This one or this one?"
:lol

Is it number one or number two?

oooooooooone?

two?

ooooooooooone?

two?

Paladin69

fugimax said:
The lighting in the GCN version is far superior. Look for shadows/highlights on the models and environments. The PS2 has many flat-lit surfaces, while the GCN has a "deeper" feeling to it.

Glad to see someone else finally mentioning this. I find it odd that we really haven't seen any PS2 screenshots with tons of the great dynamic colored lighting that made the GC version shine. What is Capcom hiding?

I want to see the lava area in motion on PS2. :lol

Jeff-DSA

Paladin69 said:
Glad to see someone else finally mentioning this. I find it odd that we really haven't seen any PS2 screenshots with tons of the great dynamic colored lighting that made the GC version shine. What is Capcom hiding?

I want to see the lava area in motion on PS2. :lol

Exactly, there's a reason we aren't seeing that yet. Anyway, the whole fight with the 2 El Gigantes has been nixed from the PS2 and ruined. That was one of my favorite moments in the game, so seeing it axed makes me a bit sad.

If you don't think there's a noticable difference, I would like to try some of the shit you're smoking.

The PS2 version still looks phenominal, but it's clearly behind the GC version in a lot of ways.

and nboys cant accept that this version is superior with awesome new content?

Yes...Superior...*rolleyes*

LakeEarth

Jeff-DSA said:
Exactly, there's a reason we aren't seeing that yet. Anyway, the whole fight with the 2 El Gigantes has been nixed from the PS2 and ruined. That was one of my favorite moments in the game, so seeing it axed makes me a bit sad.
925156_20050516_screen006.jpg

Unless the one troll's penis is coming out of his right thigh, I'd say the second giant is right behind him.

Jeff-DSA

GaimeGuy said:
wait, they removed the two-gigante fight completely?

Well, not completely. I guess you fight one and then the other comes out after you finish off the first.

edit: I've been bamboozled!

Ristamar

LakeEarth said:

Unless the one troll's penis is coming out of his right thigh, I'd say the second giant is right behind him.

Eh.... isn't that just the opening in the wall? I honestly can't tell for sure.

Kon Tiki

Banned
haha

I do not know how anyone can say they are identical when people can not tell a character apart from the wall.

Razoric

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:

You might wanna look at the picture again bub.

Jeff-DSA

LakeEarth said:

Heh, proves that wrong I guess. WHO STARTED THAT RUMOR???!?!??!?

LakeEarth

Jeff-DSA said:
Heh, proves that wrong I guess. WHO STARTED THAT RUMOR???!?!??!?
Or maybe you're right. Damn you foot wall! Or fuck, maybe it is the trolls penis, anything could be true at this point.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
fugimax said:
The lighting in the GCN version is far superior. Look for shadows/highlights on the models and environments. The PS2 has many flat-lit surfaces, while the GCN has a "deeper" feeling to it.
Much of what you are talking about can be attributed to better captures of the GC version, which gives them stronger contrast and colors. You can see that clearly on the firt two picture posted in this thread which show the exact same bitmap with the inventory, yet the PS2 capture lacks the color 'depth'. On a TV it's going to be a different thing, though.

Jeff-DSA

ejdonk said:

Nice comparsion!
I'm also ACE in comparing:

GC:
dd1jo.jpg

PS2:
20124.jpg

GC:
df7tm.jpg

PS2:
20122.jpg

-_______-

:lol :lol

I like comparing, but I'm not biased or anything. I plan on picking up the PS2 version as well just because I think the game is so freaking awesome. Still, if you can't see that the GCN version is much superior, you're kidding yourself.

ejdonk said:

Nice comparsion!
I'm also ACE in comparing:

GC:
dd1jo.jpg

PS2:
20124.jpg

GC:
df7tm.jpg

PS2:
20122.jpg

-_______-

one versions is still in development and the other is finished. And seriously both versions of the game looks the same in motion, Capcom has pulled off some amazing stuff on PS2 and I believe this port will rock!

nin10do fanboys are funny. Who is gonna be laughing when the next generation rolls around? I am gonna have some fun comparing multiplatform games on PS3, X360 and rev :)

someone turn this into a bail out pic... :lol

20122.jpg

seriously though, the background almost looks like a ps1 game in this pic...

edit: just watched the trailer and it does indeed look good. just as good as the gcn version, actually...

MarkMacD

Ponn01 said:
There are some texture differences, some shadows missing off Leon but honestly I am hugely surprised of the knock up job Capcom done on this. For those that held off on getting RE4 on the GC for the PS2 version I still say your dumb for waiting and depraving yourself. For those that had no choice to wait you are in for a treat. It's closer to comparing a GC game to a Xbox game then a PS2 game to a Xbox game. Most people will not be able to tell the difference on a regular TV from the looks of things. .

Fuckin' A--TRUTH. End of thread.

Solid

that pic is 4 months old. glad to see some still laughs at it :)

if you watch the trailer i linked to however it looks real good, nothing like that shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom