• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 MW2 Multiplayer 4K/60 or 1080P/120?

PS5 MW2 4K/60 or 1080P/120 if those are your only choices?

• 4K/60

• 1080P/120

Results are only viewable after voting.

If your TV doesn't support 4K/120, which mode would you use for multiplayer in MW2 on the PS5? 4K/60 or 1080P/120?​

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't play MW2, but for Siege I was 120 for awhile until I got tired of the TV switching to black constantly from in match to menu. Went back to 60fps now.

120 was smoother, but not as big of a jump from 30 to 60 to warrant the annoyance.

I don't play MW2, but for Siege I was 120 for awhile until I got tired of the TV switching to black constantly from in match to menu. Went back to 60fps now.

120 was smoother, but not as big of a jump from 30 to 60 to warrant the annoyance.

I think that may be the game that's doing that. I haven't experienced that with MW2 playing on a PS5 on a LG OLED TV.

Tarnpanzer

120 was smoother, but not as big of a jump from 30 to 60.

This.

120 sure is smoother. But it is a negligible difference difference in terms of input lag when playing with a controller. The increased sharpness while turning is very nice, but the reduced sharpness while going forward or standing still etc. compared to 4K/60 is very noticeable for me. But this depends on the size of your TV and how far you are sitting away from it. Me sitting 6ft away from a 65" TV the image is noticeably sharper in the 4k/60 Mode.

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

I tend to prefer the highest fps when I'm using keyboard and mouse. With a gamepad, though, I think I'd rather have the extra clarity to notice distant targets more easily.

Max_Po

Banned
these consoles are really a treat with 120 fps multiplayer gaming.

I been enjoying 120 fps Gears on Series x @ 1080p still looks fantastic. ...alone with Dooody on PS5 (didn't want to derail)

I appreciate all the responses. I've tried hard not to agree or upvote any comments so that I don't influence the poll in anyway. Great comments guys! Keep them coming.

1080p120 wherever possible for any MP game in any genre, although most fighting games are locked to 60 at game logic.

If it's a shooter, it's a no brainier that you should prefer 120 over 60. More frames, lower input latency = higher time to react, especially when you're on an inferior input device like a controller for shooters (even with the aggressive aim assist it's inferior to a KBM).

Performance is the primary reason why consoles should only crossplay between themselves and kick pc out of their player pool for matchmaking. 480 FPS on pc vs 120 FPS console is not a fight, it's a disgrace, but the console makers won't block it because of they're afraid of too much noise like last time may make a dent on their stocks, ala Fortnite crossplay controversy, but they don't understand that it was done by mostly console players who wanted to play between themselves and the 3rd parties threw PC into the mix because pc was dying without players and they wanted to save/resurrect the dying pc pool, and now if pc is kicked and the vocal pc minority throws a tantrum, no one would give a fuck, as all console players only want to play between themselves and they're in the millions.

Top Bottom