• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5/PS4 promo: Where Will Play Take You?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
PS4 be like:

Whats Up Hello GIF

Jennings

Very flashy. I haven't played the games so I'm not sure how much of that was gameplay vs cut scenes, but even though I'm not fond of Pixar-looking stuff it makes me want to play a couple of them, the Ratchet game and the racing game especially.

Last edited:

K' Dash

Seeing the PS4 there doesn’t give me hope that they’re working on exclusive next gen games.

We’re two years in and everything feels exactly the same, maybe except for the Performance and fidelity modes in games.

midnightAI

Seeing the PS4 there doesn’t give me hope that they’re working on exclusive next gen games.

We’re two years in and everything feels exactly the same, maybe except for the Performance and fidelity modes in games.
Except they are, Spider Man 2 and Wolverine are confirmed to be PS5 only. Horizon: Call of the Mountain is PS5 only through PSVR2

Sony haven't announced most of their 2023/2024 lineup yet but I reckon all major first party games going forward will be PS5 only. Also, a couple of games in this trailer are PS5 only.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Not with PS4 appearing at the end of the ad.
I actually think it is for Sony's main first party games. With the PS5 now more readily available in stores/direct from Sony then I think we will see more next gen (current gen) exclusives.

For Sony's first party at least, the games we have seen released cross gen will have been in development before the PS5 was released, all new games they are working on will most likely be PS5 only (like Spider Man 2, Wolverine, Last of Us Multiplayer and Studio Londons new game)

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
"Where Will Play Take You?"
As everything is being ported to PC?
PC by the looks of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This kinda of advert only works when that's the only place to play.
Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

We already have next gen exclusives for PS5. Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine will be as well. It's not like there's a checkbox that says "downgrade to PS4". They would have to make significant changes to these game's design to work on an HDD as well and that old dusty jaguar CPU.

Top Bottom