• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.I.P Death Stranding...

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
giphy.gif

Been watching and reading multiple forums lately, but it seems no one is talking about Death Stranding anymore... Is the game already dead and forgotten?
Do people don't care about the game anymore?
Can we finally put it among the biggest disappointments of 2019 since it did not live up to the hype?
Or are we "gamers" looking for the next big game to hype up again a usual?

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
It has the most GOTY picks from sites and readers... Many people are still playing.

If you are mostly in Xbox or other circles apart from PlayStation , you're going to have a wildly different perspective to what is going on in the ecosystem.

Sota4077

It has the most GOTY picks from sites and readers... Many people are still playing.

If you are mostly in Xbox or other circles apart from PlayStation , you're going to have a wildly different perspective to what is going on in the ecosystem.

This. The people who have access to it are still playing it I imagine. But it is not covered in media because it is no longer new. That is all. I watched a bunch of Twitch streams of it and it did not seem to be my cup of tea, but to say it is a disappointment is pretty ballsy of OP. It still sold well and it did something different. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but is was a decent game for sure.

j0hnnix

It was one game that really deserved a playthrough and avoid critics opinions , Kojima took a creative risk and it turned out to be good at least for me. It wasn't great , had its faults but it did make many want to have a monster and pee on random objects...

Tiamat2san

It was my favourite game in 2019
Once I finished it I don’t feel the need to go back into it.
It was a wonderful experience.
But I have to level up in gears 5!!!!

IamOnline4Real

This. The people who have access to it are still playing it I imagine. But it is not covered in media because it is no longer new. That is all. I watched a bunch of Twitch streams of it and it did not seem to be my cup of tea, but to say it is a disappointment is pretty ballsy of OP. It still sold well and it did something different. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but is was a decent game for sure.

It's a decent game, I'm talking about all the hype surrounding it before release and now it seems it has died out very quickly after a month or 2.

Chiggs

It’s a terrible game and it will fade from memory; however, its artsy-fartsy nonsense did impress people in Hollywood, so perhaps Kojima can now move on from games for good.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
While it's not for me, I'm always happy to see games that are unique and try to break the boring ass mold. Especially AAA games.

Phase

I wouldn't say it's dead. I think a lot of players (including me) played the shit out of it when it came out and burned out on the game. And they don't have much else to do after beating the story and 5 starring all the facilities.

Jtibh

Banned
giphy.gif

Been watching and reading multiple forums lately, but it seems no one is talking about Death Stranding anymore... Is the game already dead and forgotten?
Do people don't care about the game anymore?
Can we finally put it among the biggest disappointments of 2019 since it did not live up to the hype?
Or are we "gamers" looking for the next big game to hype up again a usual?
Xbox salt much?
You didnt play the game period. Plenty of active users on my end.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is quality game measured by how much people talking about it on the forums and if thats case all we are getting conversation about Death Stranding as of late even more than Sekiro which I personally consider better game than Death Stranding. Also these days the games that mostly gets talked about are the ones with some kind of "controversies" behind it.

Simple search pulls up a couple recent threads, OP:

It's my 2019 GOTY. But i have nothing else to say about it. When it comes to PC i'll play it again.

It's not a multiplayer game or a game as a service. You beat it and move on.

Last edited:

Tranquil

You know what bugs me the most about this thread? You didn't add a period at the end of R.I.P

It should be R.I.P.

Thank you.

IamOnline4Real

Simple search pulls up a couple recent threads, OP:

I said I looked at different forums, not Neogaf only.

Last edited:

Aion002

So... The game won a lot of prizes, is one of the top winners of gotys, sold well, DF concluded that it is an technical marvel, Sony is happy with the game, Kojima is happy, some fans love the game, some hated so much that they are always talking about it in every single thread someone mention the word GOTY.

And you concluded that the game is dead and forgotten?

This game will never die, those who like him won't forget him, those who hate him, will always hate him.

He is the new MGS4.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm currently playing it. There are times I think it's brilliant and other times it annoys the shit out of me. I can easily see why some people would hate it.

TBH I am a huge Kojima fan, which is also why I pre ordered DS. I was expecting a lot from it. However, I must concede to the truth that it was disappointing and I regretted paying full price for it.

However, I do not think it was the worst game or bad. I think Ubisoft games and yearly releases take that title. Having said that, I think the only reason Kojima made DS was because of the way he was feeling due to the kindness he was shown by his 'connections' after he escaped Konami; so it was more of an exposition of his emotions about himself and the world, and not really a game per se.

I really think he has a lot of potential and I am really looking forward to seeing what he has in store for us next.

ethomaz

Banned
I think you are not following the gaming community enough because it is amazing everybody with so many GOTY awards.

Top Bottom