• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon - trailer

StueyDuck

Looks a'ight... I was hoping it was going to be more Dune and less star wars x lord of the rings in space

I hope the sci-fi aspects are given attention and we don't have people ladies floating in space and using magic powers to fly through a windscreen

FunkMiller

As per usual for Snyder, it’s visually impressive.

I’m not exactly seeing a lot of originality or anything new in this though... very, very derivative. Mind you, Star Wars is a fucking disaster now, and Warhammer won’t be out for years yet, so it might be a decent stop gap.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

From Zack? Especially that it started as Star Wars movie pitch.
Yeah. But remember star wars is essentially a dune clone too with a 7 samurai twist.

I just find high fantasy super boring these days.

Marglock the high priest from gargunbor has the eye of pasisythus found only in the depths of numemheim. With it he plans on using pathos to cover the moon of rebellia with the dark veil.

That was literally shit spurted from my arse and it sounds like 90% of high fantasy stories.

Last edited:

thefool

>what if the princess was a badass warrior

Brilliant.

1833_ron-howard.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
And they say AI can't write scripts!

This feels more like that Valeryia flick or the Jupiter one, with weirdness for the sake of weirdness. Spiderchicks, eagle people, space hillbillies, another fascist empire run by a boy?!?! Let's hope it is at least as good (rewatchable) as Riddick or Fifth Element.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The plot sounded like a frontal assault on my intelligence. I can't take this shit seriously anymore. And f**k off with the generic "a child prophesied to save the universe" fantasy nonsense.

near

Gold Member
A space opera with Snyder's visual style is right up my alley. I only hope the writing is better than Army of the Dead because that was awful.

mortal

Gold Member
Going off that trailer it doesn't look cohesive.
Many characters with clashing settings and motifs, which makes it look like 3 or more different movies cobbled together.

FunkMiller

I should point out here that I genuinely think, if someone else is fully controlling the story and characterisations instead of him, Snyder would be an ideal director for the Warhammer 40k series/movie. If anyone can do gigantic fucking grimdark, it's him.

Fbh

Visually it looks nice.
It's a Snyder movie though so everything else will be terrible. And with how Netflix is able to make creators put out their worst work I fear how bad the plot will be.

Will still watch though

Trunx81

Slow-mo in the first seconds of the trailer - yep, it’s a Snydermovie. Let’s see if Disney will sue, the swords are a blatant rip-off. And he remade the “This is Sparta” scene.

Billbofet

Snyder sure does have great trailers. I actually like more of his movies than I don't, but his trailers are almost always works of art in and of themselves.
I watch the Man of Steel and Watchmen trailer all the time!

I think I read this pitch drunk in a bar in LA....

Serious Fifth Element mashup of Star Wars + Harry Potter + LOTR + DUNE. Snyder to direct.

*written in coke-infused red lipstick from the napkin under an empty $44 double shot whiskey glass.

Top Bottom