• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

recommend me some good earbuds

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

enjoy bell woods said:
Why not real headphones?
Becuase I already have enough electronic doodads on my body and I can easily store earbuds in my bag when I'm in class.

Raoul - I'll get those in time. I'm on a budget here, and with no real income, well...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
minidisco-store_1805_2598601

I would get the Sony Fontopia in-ear buds. I've got them and love 'em. If you order from MiniDisco you can get those snappy white ones to match your iPod. Otherwise, you can get black ones in the US for like $40 (I picked mine up at Best Buy).

Or, you know, you could save up another $200 and get a set of Etymotic ER-4Ps. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what makes these bud things so good? I think I wouldn't mind a pair of quality listening thingamees.

BuddyChrist83 said:
Becuase I already have enough electronic doodads on my body and I can easily store earbuds in my bag when I'm in class.

Raoul - I'll get those in time. I'm on a budget here, and with no real income, well...
I'm just unpractical. I have these headphones that have a wire that hangs to the ground. Believe me, that isn't convenient at all when I'm hooked up to something that's in my bag.

I second the EX-71 recommendation. I love those things. Perfectly crisp sound quality (I discern things with those that I've never been able to pick out before) and a perfect fit for my ears.

EX-71's - the are superb.. after sticking those things in your ear other earphones will feel like bricks in your ear. They sound very good too.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
B00005MNHL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Koss KSC-50, $12.34

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...17163-5295259?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

I realize that these aren't earbuds, but they're still very portable and, most importantly, sound incredible for what they cost (they used to be $20). They reproduce bass really well and are just good-sounding all around. I'm buying my second pair now. You can dig up reviews for these if you want, as I'm not the only one that thinks so.

BuddyC

I wrote down all the models you guys listed, so we'll see what Best Buy has and how much I'm willing to spend (need them sooner than later).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Fontopia EX-71 have IMO the best ratio of price/quality. They sound really good, and you'd have to be somewhat of a superhuman to hear the difference between them and stuff like Etymotic that costs $200-300 more.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
minidisco-store_1805_2598601

These aren't that good IMO. I have a pair and they muffle the sound tremendously (low volume) but it they sound good. They just suck if you like semi-high volume.

mdr-e888lp.gif
<--E888LP

These are the ones to get, although they're kind of fragile. There's a cheaper version of them that are discontinued, which I use more often and find them to be more durable.

I love my Sony Nude-EX's or whatever they're called these days (EX-71?!). Nice cord, great sound reproduction, comfortable, and not that expensive.

Make sure you clean your ears often though =)

BuddyC

Based on the numerous recommendations in this thread by some trustworthy folk, I picked up a pair of the EX-71s. I looked around for a pair of E888LPs, but I couldn't find them at my Best Buy or Circuit City.

The Fontopias are really comfortable, and very, very nice - perfect for campus use. Thanks guys!

impirius

Looking at that picture of the Fontopias... do they have a half-length cord and then an extension? If so, they'd be perfect for my NetMD with inline remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom