• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER REACH l OT

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
That's standard with windows store games.

You need to first change your desktop res to whatever resolution you want to use in game.

Sadly that won’t work when I hve a 1080p monitor.

I’ve just spent the last few days playing RE2 fully maxed out in all areas in 4k supersampled goodness at 120fps+, and yet here I am having to run in graphics quality I was using 15 years ago...

Also, I can run Gears 5 just perfectly fine in 4k super sample. so no, that’s not just a windows store thing.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Anyone know if its just a resolution bump and 60fps on Xbox X, i'm happy with those but it would be nice if it was had enhanced graphics over the 360 version as well.

HE1NZ

Banned

I’ve just spent the last few days playing RE2 fully maxed out in all areas in 4k supersampled goodness at 120fps+, and yet here I am having to run in graphics quality I was using 15 years ago...

Also, I can run Gears 5 just perfectly fine in 4k super sample. so no, that’s not just a windows store thing.
I have resolution 2715x1697 selectable (my display is 1920x1200). Could be nvidia exclusive though.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I have resolution 2715x1697 selectable (my display is 1920x1200). Could be nvidia exclusive though.

Nah, 2080ti here. But as I said, my monitor caps out at 1080p. I usually don’t have to set any custom resolutions up for this to work.

I think they just dun goofed this whole thing up TBH mate, it’s not great for a port that took this long :( I mean even if I manage to get these videos issues sorted, the game still sounds like ass :(

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Free in the sense that I get Free movies on Disney+
I did have "free" in "quotes" both times (so you could have said this too in your first reply) though if you just wanna play halo and a few other such games to completion you can get subbed for 1-5 bucks and leave it at that + lots of people already are subbed. Idk why you keep quoting me.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
Nah, 2080ti here. But as I said, my monitor caps out at 1080p. I usually don’t have to set any custom resolutions up for this to work.

I think they just dun goofed this whole thing up TBH mate, it’s not great for a port that took this long :( I mean even if I manage to get these videos issues sorted, the game still sounds like ass :(
They'll figure it out. Aiming feels much better than the last flight. I was complaining about audio issues during flight too, but everybody was focused on aiming and didn't notice audio.

Last edited:

GHG

Gears 5 has an internal resolution scaling option, this doesn't. You should be able to do it via custom resolutions if the option isn't available in game.

I'm playing the steam version can select any resolution I want, and don't have any other performance/option issues so don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

GHG

One thing I will say though is that the ground vehicles control like ass on kb\m.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Nice but is it having issues just on pc or on xbox as well?? 343 really just can't get their shit together .

This is my favorite campaign. Didn't care for the others tbh.

The Shepard

Halo, halo odst and halo reach have the best campaigns.

Is the master chief collection ever getting a matchmaking update for campaigns?

Alexios

I enabled subtitles but they don't appear to work, that's all the negative I have to say. Port seems good, runs smooth. No real options but it's just a remaster so it's fine to just have a toggle between original and enhanced graphics. Almost everyone can run it.

Though, it would be good to still have AA/Supersampling options separate from that.

Also not the port's fault but gunplay is hardly exciting. No real kick to the weapon animations, no real satisfying reactions to the enemies. I'm sure it's not the case but it feels like how the original Halo was back in the day. Not how it was, how I remember it. Plain.

Love the art style though, slick stuff, they did wonders with the 360 back then I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PC Game Pass, I Love You

What a glorious day. Been itching to replay this for a long time.

giphy.gif

Definitely going to install this from Game Pass when I get home. So pumped for Halo on PC.

Dacon

Banned
Wtf is going on, I downloaded the MCC, got 21 gigs, and I launch it and it plays the intro movies, then brings me to the microsoft store page for reach to install it, click install, it downloads 10 megs, and then says error.

I'm getting pretty frustrated here.

Diddy X

Wtf is going on, I downloaded the MCC, got 21 gigs, and I launch it and it plays the intro movies, then brings me to the microsoft store page for reach to install it, click install, it downloads 10 megs, and then says error.

I'm getting pretty frustrated here.

Try launching it from the start Menu maybe? I had not the same problem but that fixed it for me and other people.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
how is the m&KB support? I heard it was trash during beta and everyone had to use controllers.

Alexios

how is the m&KB support? I heard it was trash during beta and everyone had to use controllers.
Seems fine to me. Good configuration for both and stuff. Able to have 0 acceleration etc. What were the issues?

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I never heard what the problems were, just that it didn't work well. Glad to hear it is fine though.

Last edited:

Portman

Got it downloading here. Thanks for the heads up about getting it from the store since that "pre-load" or whatever it was we got last week that said to wait for release didn't appear to be anything. Kind of odd that they didn't at least get the front end for MCC downloaded and then let us get the games from within it although I may be thinking of the way it worked at release on the Xbox.

Looking forward to Halo fun on the PC either way and hopefully this means the other games will show up quick if Reach was their big hurdle and they can apply that to the other games which I swear I read (or imagined).

chaseroni

Do you have DSR enabled in Nvidia control panel? And have the multiplication factors enabled? Should work

Codes 208

Seems fine to me. Good configuration for both and stuff. Able to have 0 acceleration etc. What were the issues?
ive heard it was relatively clunky for kb/m. Like its a clearly a port of a console game and feels like it.

Last edited:

Griffon

Ugh... the audio and sound mixing is godawful. Can barely hear my gun while music is loud and character voices even louder. Who tested this shit?

Alexios

ive heard it was relatively clunky for kb/m. Like its a clearly a port of a console game and feels like it.
Plays like any normal PC FPS to me. Just plain gunplay. Works as it should. One thing ticks me off I noticed, pressing crouch doesn't take precedence over any other action, you have to literally stop anything you're doing for a split second, crouch, then carry on. I'm sure that's not intended behavior. Other than that it's been fine.

Last edited:
Really disappointed with the graphical settings available. I hope they add some more options over time. The game's AA solution is lackluster to say the least.

Game is fantastic otherwise. I played the shit out of this back in the day and it plays exactly as I remember, but with a better framerate.

Top Bottom