• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: PlayStation to Make Big Announcements this Week

Mercador

Yeah I know, I didn't know that you could play on PC as well though. I suppose it's a streaming thing more than installing Playstation games on a PC which is kind totally different that Gamepass PC.

SSfox

So this was the Harry potter state of play thing right? tho i wish it's someting else, i think it's time to unleach the Ragnarok.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So this was the Harry potter state of play thing right? tho i wish it's someting else, i think it's time to unleach the Ragnarok.

Would you qualify Harry Potter SoP as "big news" though ? It's a multi platform game and doesn't really scream like a smash hit, at least to me.

Last edited:

SSfox

Would you qualify Harry Potter SoP as "big news" though ? It's a multi platform game and doesn't really scream like a smash hit, at least to me.
It's not for me, but for some people that are super excited about this it would be i guess.

Kokoloko85

A Harry Potter's game is not the BIG ANNOUCEMENT that many people is waiting.

Not what I wanted. Theres so many more rumours I want addressed first. Spartacus, TLOU, the other first party title games. We’ve only seen 2 new 1st party games announced since September 2020 (Spiderman2&Wolverine), Silent Hill, MGS remake, Miyazaki game etc.

Harry potters not for me but if its a good game it will be hugely popular

reksveks

If you are excited by this SOP, more power to you.

Personally don't think it's a big announcement unless it ends up on Project Spartacus day 1 or Sony buys WB Games.

Papacheeks

Banned
If you are excited by this SOP, more power to you.

Personally don't think it's a big announcement unless it ends up on Project Spartacus day 1 or Sony buys WB Games.

Why would Sony buy WB? They have hardly partnerships outside of Arkham Knight.

But the fact this game is getting it’s own SOP sounds like a exclusivity play. So I think your first inkling is correct.

Lognor

Banned
Why would Sony buy WB? They have hardly partnerships outside of Arkham Knight.

But the fact this game is getting it’s own SOP sounds like a exclusivity play. So I think your first inkling is correct.
God, hopefully Sony isn't trying to get any type of exclusivity on this game. That would be such bullshit. It was already announced as multi platform so I honestly doubt there is any exclusivity bs going on. Sony just wants this game to be associated with Playstation. Probably some lame exclusive wizard robes or some shit.

saintjules

Well AccountNGT predicted the delay of Forspoken a few days ago and he also claims that there will be a PS event soon so this news has gained credibility.

Important to note that they have now deleted all previous tweets. Has a Discord where he will drop exclusive info.

Last edited:
Maybe it will be announced to be a Playstation Exclusive now.

If that happens, it would be funny to see all the Sony fanyboys trying to explain how it's "organic" or "the right way to moneyhat an exclusive game".

Really it would just be a loss for everybody, Xbox fans don't get this game, Sony fans get a game they were already going to get, instead of that money being invested into something that gives them more games.

ElCasual

My bet is that at the end of the stream Jim Ryan is fired and Kaz Hirai returns with RIDGEEEEE RAACCEEER exclusive for PS5
6ZFpmV1.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If that happens, it would be funny to see all the Sony fanyboys trying to explain how it's "organic" or "the right way to moneyhat an exclusive game".

Really it would just be a loss for everybody, Xbox fans don't get this game, Sony fans get a game they were already going to get, instead of that money being invested into something that gives them more games.

MS has set the standard that Xbox gamers can't complain about losing an exclusive game for at least the next 75 years! I mean come on man...........they spent $75 Billion to buy 5 publishers over the last 18 months. They bought like 25 gaming developer companies to be exclusive to them in that time.

Lets just be honest here......

MS has set the standard that Xbox gamers can't complain about losing an exclusive game for at least the next 75 years! I mean come on man...........they spent $75 Billion to buy 5 publishers over the last 18 months. They bought like 25 gaming developer companies to be exclusive to them in that time.

Lets just be honest here......

Who are the other 3 publishers? Also it's looking like the big Activision properties will remain multiplat, so it's not even going to lead to some unstoppable amount of exclusives anyways.

Let's just be honest here, it seems like Sony fans were fine with Sony buying every exclusive under the sun, but then when Microsoft starts fighting back they act like Sony is a saint who "does things the right way" and Playstation vs Xbox is a case of good vs evil. The only reason sony hasn't bought a ton of publishers and big studios to deal a deathblow to Xbox, is because they couldn't afford it.

SSfox

Imagine comparing buying a timed exclusive, to literrally buying some of the biggest publishers of the industry
P99vniw.png

Exactly same thing for some it seems
P99vniw.png

EDIT:

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Who are the other 3 publishers? Also it's looking like the big Activision properties will remain multiplat, so it's not even going to lead to some unstoppable amount of exclusives anyways.

Let's just be honest here, it seems like Sony fans were fine with Sony buying every exclusive under the sun, but then when Microsoft starts fighting back they act like Sony is a saint who "does things the right way" and Playstation vs Xbox is a case of good vs evil. The only reason sony hasn't bought a ton of publishers and big studios to deal a deathblow to Xbox, is because they couldn't afford it.

No they wouldn't. Sony has never done that before. It's not in their nature. But it's literally Microsoft's DNA to spend billions on buying competitors instead of trying to improve their own stuff.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If there's no big announcement this week, my uncle's co-workers brother-in-law, who's an insider said there's a big announcement next week

MaKTaiL

My bet is that at the end of the stream Jim Ryan is fired and Kaz Hirai returns with RIDGEEEEE RAACCEEER exclusive for PS5
6ZFpmV1.jpg
You guys need better reading comprehension. They will make a blog post right after the state of play about Hogwarts itself, giving more context to the gameplay bits they will show at the event.

Top Bottom